Do the opposition batsmen "cheat" a bit?

Joshu

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Is it just me, or do the opposition batsman get horribly good if you also have a top innings before them?

Been playing as England and just had my first test against South Africa. Batted first and it was a decent pitch, so I managed to get a good total of around 550. Then I bowled out South Africa for 300 and asked them to follow on. The wicket was an absolute minefield by then, only one green block for both bounce and turn. But it seems like this is where the computer decided I was winning too much and cranked up the batmans skill. :/ 2nd wicket partnership got to 400 runs before I lost my patience and quit for the night.

Similiar thing happened to Zimbabwe as well. :rolleyes: Got a massive 700 score, bowled them out for 150 odd, then they managed to get a 200 run partnership in the second - which is stupidly good for Zimbabwe.

Seemed to happen in first class as well, more often than not the 2nd innings from the opponent would be larger than the first.

Anyone else noticed this or am I just unlucky/really bad at bowling? :D

Nah, I reckon they just provide a challenge. What skill leval have you got on? Normal, or Easy?

I've noticed it in ODIs. Anything between 300-400 is dangerous, I need 400+ to secure a win. Bowlers are crap though.

I felt the same Joshu and have come to the following conclusions (no doubt all wrong)

If the pitch is a bowlers wicket and is going to be sunny and hot for the duration of the match, by the 4th/5th day it becomes very difficult for quicks to get a wicket despite the bar implying the pitch is as you say a "minefield". It's almost as if in the baking sun the pitch loses all the moisture in it and is eventually flat and low but not quick in anyway.

If there are clouds about, maybe a sprinkling of rain around the 3rd day, I often find my quicks continue to pick up wickets at regular intervals.

Also I can not stress the importance of a spinner enough, a quality one anyway. On those later day pitches, if it has slowed and softened out, it still offers maximum turn for a good spinner.

that happens in real life though, often batsmen try their hardest to save games not win them. and sometimes you may become complacent and just bowl your spinners for long periods of time instead of using a mixed attack. when in that situation its best to constantly change your bowlers after short spells, and ensure your field is well planned

Since when has scoring lots of runs been cheating? :rolleyes: Usually if i get 400+ in my first innings, the opposition crumble to about 200 - 250, but then again my bowlers are on fire. :cool:

I think because he's English, he's bitter about Afridi's twirl.

Users who are viewing this thread