Do the opposition batsmen "cheat" a bit?

Joshu said:
Is it just me, or do the opposition batsman get horribly good if you also have a top innings before them?

Been playing as England and just had my first test against South Africa. Batted first and it was a decent pitch, so I managed to get a good total of around 550. Then I bowled out South Africa for 300 and asked them to follow on. The wicket was an absolute minefield by then, only one green block for both bounce and turn. But it seems like this is where the computer decided I was winning too much and cranked up the batmans skill. :/ 2nd wicket partnership got to 400 runs before I lost my patience and quit for the night.

Similiar thing happened to Zimbabwe as well. :rolleyes: Got a massive 700 score, bowled them out for 150 odd, then they managed to get a 200 run partnership in the second - which is stupidly good for Zimbabwe.

Seemed to happen in first class as well, more often than not the 2nd innings from the opponent would be larger than the first.

Anyone else noticed this or am I just unlucky/really bad at bowling? :D

i noticed this

I played as NZ with the first tour of Zimbabwe. In the first Test the pitch was 'Difficult for Pace Bowlers' from the very start and yet Gavin Ewing, managed to score 257. Lucky the pitch turned out the same for both Teams and I managed to score 550, 70 or so runs more and bowl them out for 150. But from my experiences, Gavin Ewing is some kind of super player. :boxing

Hey Guyz I'm Able to win the game at any track at any total VS any team

who here like the pomies?

i hate when you bowl the oppisition out about 30mins from the end of play than you come out to bat for about 2 overs and they pick up about 2 wickets. and who else finds india hard to beat?

Joshu said:
Is it just me, or do the opposition batsman get horribly good if you also have a top innings before them?

Been playing as England and just had my first test against South Africa. Batted first and it was a decent pitch, so I managed to get a good total of around 550. Then I bowled out South Africa for 300 and asked them to follow on. The wicket was an absolute minefield by then, only one green block for both bounce and turn. But it seems like this is where the computer decided I was winning too much and cranked up the batmans skill. :/ 2nd wicket partnership got to 400 runs before I lost my patience and quit for the night.

Similiar thing happened to Zimbabwe as well. :rolleyes: Got a massive 700 score, bowled them out for 150 odd, then they managed to get a 200 run partnership in the second - which is stupidly good for Zimbabwe.

Seemed to happen in first class as well, more often than not the 2nd innings from the opponent would be larger than the first.

Anyone else noticed this or am I just unlucky/really bad at bowling? :D

Yeah, the batsmen magically moves to the pitch of the ball so that he can glance balls way outside off-stump towards the boundary, and then he can play the cover and straight drives on balls pitched on the leg-stump by, again, magically moving to the pitch of the ball to knock it out of the park! Even if I get a score 250+, the opposition does this.

Last edited:
When i first played the demo i thought to myself "damn, this is one fun game", so i decided to get the full version last week.
But now i'm just annoyed with this game.

I was currently playing the Ashes with Australia against England. I lost the first test because i had an out of form team, then i had a 3 day match which i won and got them back into form.
And then the 2nd Ashes test. I batted first on a pretty average pitch which i should've bowled first and then made centuries with my top 3 batsman, Hayden/Gilchrist/Ponting and made about 8/500+...Guess what they made? 4/520+ dec!

Users who are viewing this thread