Don Bradman 17 review - Buyers beware!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldnt it be great if Big Ant put a sticky about a patch.....at the moment it feels like take your money and run sort of thing!

In their defense its the weekend :) There has been talk of this somewhere, god knows where I read it tho ...

Sorry...im not a troll. Just a dissapointed gamer!

As mentioned in a previous post I have been a big supporter of the Big Ant Team.....even attending there pre release sessions down at EB games for there initial release.

I am entitled to an opinion.....they got my support with DBC 14 and I gave praise where its due.....now i thing I am entitled to some negative feedback when I think its warranted!

That is needlessly antagonistic. They are here, posting on the site. They have confirmed a forthcoming patch.

Unnecessary trolling.

Are you able to point us in the direction of this confirmation post? (Presumably they posted it here :) )

How about putting it up the top of the forum board as a sticky so we can all see it easily!

I dont think that is too much to ask?

As mentioned in a previous post I have been a big supporter of the Big Ant Team.....even attending there pre release sessions down at EB games for there initial release.

I am entitled to an opinion.....they got my support with DBC 14 and I gave praise where its due.....now i thing I am entitled to some negative feedback when I think its warranted!

You are. But saying they are taking your money and running is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on this forum. Big Ant staff have been active members of this community for years, seeking user input, providing users with fixes to issues, and have been open in receiving feedback to DBC17 when it has been provided in a constructive and usable manner.

It's just an insane statement to make.

Jesus wept. This thread is laughable. Everyone is entitled to their opinion I agree, but whining, moaning and having hissy fits? Come on ffs. I'd bet my bottom dollar if you were in front of Ross in person you'd not say a thing and you'd be very polite and respectful - so why not on here? Do you think moaning like little bitches will have any difference? Big Ant will be working their bollards off to fix the issues and within a few weeks you will be singing their praises.

Negative feedback is fine. Done rightly to lead us to improvements it's welcomed. "Take the money and run" ain't feedback though mate, I hope you can see that.

God I'm going to give this game a serious going over today..

One thing that people should remember and this applied to 14. These games have a huge life span. It's worth the wait for the tweaks and fixes.

I have always said if no cricket title was made again. I could play 14 for years to come.

Bugs etc I can see past.
Crashes and freezing I can understand are a little more frustrating.

But if anyone here is a COD fan, they will remember Black Ops 1 freezing and having to reboot their PS3 from the wall!

You think this is frustrating, imagine it happening on 15 kill streak ;)

@BigAntStudios fix stuff. They always do. They already are!

Also this gameplay. 42 mins of decent test cricket with someone learning the ropes.

If that's the base we are working from I don't see the massive issue!?

To be honest I am kinda feeling for Ross but he is the one to blame himself for these unnecessary bashing non constructive criticism , if he had only acted in a civilized manner instead of being abusive this thread would probably had more civilized comments ,

To be honest I am kinda feeling for Ross but he is the one to blame himself for these unnecessary bashing non constructive criticism , if he had only acted in a civilized manner instead of being abusive this thread would probably had more civilized comments ,

To be fair the thread started with the game getting an absolute going over and then Ross in all fairness responded pretty politely in asking what patch etc he was using and that he would look into @Royce issues.

Don't get wrong @Royce if your having the problems you say you are then your entitled to voice them, it's just the bandwagon mentality that follows that just details the focus of the thread and becomes poisonous

Also how come in the video I posted there is no red ring around the ball!?!?

Going through the comments, it's sad to see a sense of haste - which probably is unjustified at such early juncture of the release. A gentle reminder to all those who've bought the game, please do come forward with constructive criticisms but to those who haven't - disrespectful comments is not what the franchise deserves and you're better than that.

Bigant studios and Ross are kind enough to address your queries and work on them - you probably wouldn't find such customer-studio relation with probably any other sports gaming franchise. Saying which, I'm all for coming forward and being blunt of what you make of the game but to quote DBC14 and say that it wasn't a success- let's be genuine and give bigant the credit it deserves.

Keeping it short, had it not been for DBC - I feel cricket gaming would've long died out and we would still be pondering on how to make the most of cricket 07 or ashes 09; none of the cricket gaming franchises prior to DBC14 come even close to addressing the expectations for an average cricket gamer. Thus, you can be the judge for the magnitude of success that DBC14 achieved.

Let's streamline the comments in a meaningful way, such that Ross is able to work on them and improve whatever the technical glitches that there are.

I don't think the reaction is precipitate at all, nor is it unjustified; if that's the way someone honestly feels about the game, then so be it. Big Ant's readiness to support and improve the game through its lifetime is not in doubt here. The thing is some people are unhappy with the game in its current state, and can't seem to justify paying the full price for a product which according to them is far from finished. Now if there is enough of these malcontents and if their sense of disappointment is justified, BAS's alacrity to patch the game over its lifetime is unlikely to placate them (and perhaps rightly so). Before you tell them to be patient and wait for BAS to patch the game, try putting yourself in their shoes and ask yourself if it would have been better had the devs themselves been more patient and chosen to delay the release. These dissatisfied folks could also turn around and argue that, if BAS is going to make the game better over several stages spread across several months (or years), why not spread out the price of the game too over those stages.

I personally haven't played the game enough to form a final opinion about the quality of the game. I am happy with some of the changes that have come to my notice so far—particularly the new bowling mechanics and the gameplay modifiers. As for bugs, I have noticed a few so far; but nothing so serious as to prevent me from enjoying the game. Even if I stumble upon major bugs at this early stage of owning the game, I am willing to give BAS a reasonable amount of time (say 2-3 months) to fix them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread