Don Bradman 17 review - Buyers beware!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is anything we've said unjustified? A game shouldn't have "stages of release", the word "release" implies that the game is finished and ready to... release! The only "sad sense of haste" I can see here was by the developers in releasing this game before it was ready...

Also, have you played this game pre-patch? Given the huge flaws in that "released, ie: v 1.0" version of the game, I'd say nothing but disrespectful comments are what the franchise deserves...

Again, imagine how people who either cant download this patch or are unaware of its existence must think of the franchise upon playing the pre-patch trainwreck!!!!!!!

So you think the best way to seek a better product is to be disrespectful?

So you think the best way to seek a better product is to be disrespectful?

At this point I'm beyond wanting a better product, mines going back so these people don't get my hard earned dollar... I'm being disrespectful so that anyone who reads this understands just how bad this game is!! I dont care that it MIGHT be a good game in 6 months, a year, anything.. The game has been released, this isn't an early access title, its just unacceptable as hell!!! I'm not going to wait any amount of time for this to be fixed - The devs should be ashamed of themselves...

Seriously, who releases a cricket game where you cant hit the ball in 360 degrees around the field (or 350/340 ish to be more precise :P)

At this point I'm beyond wanting a better product, mines going back so these people don't get my hard earned dollar... I'm being disrespectful so that anyone who reads this understands just how bad this game is!! I dont care that it MIGHT be a good game in 6 months, a year, anything.. The game has been released, this isn't an early access title, its just unacceptable as hell!!! I'm not going to wait any amount of time for this to be fixed - The devs should be ashamed of themselves...

Seriously, who releases a cricket game where you cant hit the ball in 360 degrees around the field (or 350/340 ish to be more precise :P)

Cool, so you've clearly had the opportunity to express your opinion.

Anyone got any reason to keep this thread open given it is no longer about wanting a better product?

Just put a picture of Ross with the words 'We've already got your money' and end it.

Cool, so you've clearly had the opportunity to express your opinion.

Anyone got any reason to keep this thread open given it is no longer about wanting a better product?

When was it a requirement for this thread to be open that it needed to be about wanting a better product?

Just put a picture of Ross with the words 'We've already got your money' and end it.

Yeah some stores returns policy suggests otherwise... burn tho... totes...

When was it a requirement for this thread to be open that it needed to be about wanting a better product?

It wasn't. But given it has simply degenerated into disrespectful abuse of others, there isn't much point in keeping it open unless you want to steer it in a more respectful direction?

It wasn't. But given it has simply degenerated into disrespectful abuse of others, there isn't much point in keeping it open unless you want to steer it in a more respectful direction?

Righto then... Can we get a word from the devs on the timeline for fixing the bugs that many people have experienced? When can we expect action to be taken? Which of the problems we've all talked about are on the devs fixing radar?

Mainly I'm wondering if they consider what I consider to be "game-breaking issues" to be "game-breaking"?

Ahh so you're twelve...

Is this relevant? If I am, does that change anything?

Righto then... Can we get a word from the devs on the timeline for fixing the bugs that many people have experienced? When can we expect action to be taken? Which of the problems we've all talked about are on the devs fixing radar?

Mainly I'm wondering if they consider what I consider to be "game-breaking issues" to be "game-breaking"?

Is this relevant? If I am, does that change anything?

I think they've already said they submitted a patch?

How is anything we've said unjustified? A game shouldn't have "stages of release", the word "release" implies that the game is finished and ready to... release! The only "sad sense of haste" I can see here was by the developers in releasing this game before it was ready...

Also, have you played this game pre-patch? Given the huge flaws in that "released, ie: v 1.0" version of the game, I'd say nothing but disrespectful comments are what the franchise deserves...

Again, imagine how people who either cant download this patch or are unaware of its existence must think of the franchise upon playing the pre-patch trainwreck!!!!!!!

the game wasn't released pre-patch. it was released with a day one patch. we can argue till the cows come home about whether it is a good thing for a game to need a day one patch, but this appears to be a widespread thing in all games as far as i can tell. nobody has a current gen console and no internet - so stop that pathetic line of argument, it's an embarrassment. nobody was unaware of the patch, since you're prompted to update. it's difficult to understand why you would make a conscious choice not to download that update?

i've only played the game with the patch, and i've not had the scale of issues you've faced. i have had 2 crashes in my several hours of gameplay (one of which was captured on video), and i've seen a couple of bugs. but nothing that i would say is "broken" from a gameplay perspective. the biggest flaw in the gameplay is undoubtedly the cover drive when batting - i think i got one between cover and extra cover, but as you and others experience everything else is between mid-off and extra cover. there are other flaws in the gameplay, and with the UX in general, but i will talk about this elsewhere.

Reactions: Pat
How do you take catches in career mode? In DBC 14 it was automatic but here I don't think so. My fielders drop catches 100% of the time.

Wouldnt it be great if Big Ant put a sticky about a patch.....at the moment it feels like take your money and run sort of thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread