Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

I loved the catch at 6:30 instead of catching with two hands he held it against his chest...That's pure awesomeness....:thumbs:thumbs

There was a problem with overthrows which was causing

a) the higher run-rate
b) an abnormally high number of run-outs

This was addressed in the play-session thread

The game looks light-years ahead of any other cricket game.

I do worry that the realistic ball physics have some knock-on effects though; because the actual pace of the ball when bowled has to be slowed, it doesn't seem to bounce as much so doesn't go over the top of the stumps as often and also the keeper has to stand close to the stumps.

That and the fielders sliding too much without just collecting the ball on their feet are the main things I noticed.

I do worry that the realistic ball physics have some knock-on effects though; because the actual pace of the ball when bowled has to be slowed, it doesn't seem to bounce as much so doesn't go over the top of the stumps as often and also the keeper has to stand close to the stumps.

As @C A Iversen wouldn't say, ^ this

Regarding the behaviour of the ball when bowling; pitch settings were all random so we cant tell what type of pitch it was...

You can however see the MOTM in the top right side of the end of match screen.

Use clipconveter.cc It will give you a download link. It should work.

This is the weird vertical hawk-eye I was talking about. It actually happens well after the full toss hits the pad.

Hopefully this is only a strange anomaly that happens with rare full tosses.

Screen_Shot_2014_03_31_at_13_15_59.png

If you get Xbox Live I'll certainly want a match against you.

definitely. i purchased a subscription but haven't set it up. made the error of getting the 12 month for 25.90 instead of 13 months for 26.90 - schoolboy error.

annoyingly i am sure i clicked the 13 month link!

Users who are viewing this thread