Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought you said that you read EVERY post? :p

I certainly do read every post that isn't on my ignore list (:p), and I do remember someone saying that the rights had been purchased, indeed I think it's been mentioned quite a few times but I just disregarded it because it really couldn't happen legitimately without EA Criterion's approval.

Hence my question "did that really happen"?

Also afew people on unity forum mentioned that reliance entertainment and zapaak have the rights to code now since codied have merged.
Well no, that would make them the owners of the company that sold the code, not owners of the code.

Engines can be changed.

ya but we dont know for sure if it was sold or just changed hands with regards to rights,may be reliance wants to do the game under zapaak banner.
I honestly cant imagine reliance selling off the code..

ok,can you link so can get a better idea...
i can imagine codies selling it off, not reliance if they had a say in it..
it would have been the best way for them to make it big in gaming here,
so any other likely candidates to have bought it
cricket life?:D

Engines can be changed, of course, but Renderware was fairly entrenched in the code and at a source code level the game was junk, this is not an argument about the game quality, just the source (which I have seen).

So just for clarity, is it fact that the source for IC2010 was sold by Codemasters to another party?

I believe so, yes. Barmy and Matt know the specifics.

I believe so, yes. Barmy and Matt know the specifics.

Wow! All I can say to the poor programmers picking it up is good luck, you'll need it.

Apart from having Renderware fragments in there it has the *worst* animation code I have ever read.

A fail would be extremely low sales.

So there shouldn't be any worries of that, bcos this game is going to be massive for a cricket game ever, and with you having said you have secured the franchise of DBC, that's great,,,looking forward to many installments of this game...Big Ups!!!

*cant wait for next week*

Jamie mentioned in the Q&A thread a year or so ago there were a whoooole bunch of stuff hanging over from older titles in IC10, Lara amongst others... hence why the AC13 team had to build from scratch because there was, I imagine, a minefield of copyrighted code jammed in there for them to navigate if they wanted to build from the existing codebase...

Let it die. It need not rise again...

There's a whole sub-genre of game buried in there somewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread