Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact the BA have waited to the last available day to update us on a release date, doesnt bode well in terms of DB14 being in our hands in the first quarter of this year...hope I'm wrong!

I'm sure the announcement of the release date would be the same (date) if the game was releasing in three weeks or 13 weeks.

Waiting till today to announce has certainly created buzz!... I would assume it was intentional to wait till last minute!

Demos of this type are timing consuming and costly as well.
The best demo would always be to rent the full game or play it at a kiosk in a store. It's rarely possible for a cut down version of a game to be a good indicator of how the full thing would be.

The previous cricket game demos have all been fairly poor at showing the product - AC09's demo had very odd AI that seemingly had no idea what kind of match was being played, so didn't pace itself, BLIC 07's demo fairly effectively hid a lot of the gameplay problems that made it so bad to play for any length of time.

I'm sure the announcement of the release date would be the same (date) if the game was releasing in three weeks or 13 weeks.

So BA should of just said you will find out the release date on January 31st, instead of saying you'll know before Feb 1st.

my point is it seems that BA never had any intentions of making the date known any earlier ......

Ive caved in and now guessing that the game will release on on 4th April , Friday before the 20/20 World cup final.

^ Same here. Sleep, get up and voila!

So BA should of just said you will find out the release date on January 31st, instead of saying you'll know before Feb 1st.

my point is it seems that BA never had any intentions of making the date known any earlier ......

Ive caved in and now guessing that the game will release on on 4th April , Friday before the 20/20 World cup final.

Ross would have given a specific date had he known it. I think Tru Blue weren't back until the 15th Jan so I guess the meeting was due to take place any day between then and 31st Jan, hence "you'll know before 1st Feb".

I am keeping myself cautiously optimistic about getting a solid date. hopefully it will come out in february during the aussie-southafrica series

But i think we are more likely to get a month than a date.

i'm so excited.... i just cant hide it.... i'm about to lose control and i think i like it.....

I am keeping myself cautiously optimistic about getting a solid date. hopefully it will come out in february during the aussie-southafrica series

I believ in Ross...He keeps his words......He mentioned in his previous post that we will know release date before feb 1st....Check my signature

ross did say originally if we didn't know "exact date" by 1 feb it would be due to something more calamitous than AC13 occurring. i think if something more calamitous had happened we'd all know about it... (unless that awful ICC proposal counts because it's certainly calamitous for cricket!!)

so i am pretty hopeful for the exact date tomorrow but i am unsure as to whether it'll be possible to stick to the typical 20-30(ish) day window between announcing the date and the actual date itself.

i suppose it'll be a logistical issue so i think if they can it'll release just before or during sa v aus or if that is too soon logistically i guess around the beginning of the world t20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread