Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really don't understand all the disappointment regarding having to buy a controller and steam?? Although I plan to buy the Xbox version, I got the CA and despite having an Xbox, went out and bought a wired controller to play nets, now when the game comes out I'm not gonna have to buy shitloads of batteries and I'll have had plenty of practice in the nets in the mean time. Win-win!!

And as for steam, I've bought the last few football manager games on steam and once its set up you don't have to connect online, so I don't see the problem, also it doesn't take up as much space from your PC. And the game is going to be available on disk so you aren't goin to have to download a massive file anyway!

If people weren't so quick to steal from devs, the PC version would be out same time as console, so they're the people you need to be angry with!

I read some posts, but too many pages already to go through. Please delete my post if this is already covered.

Is there going to be a demo released?

I'd be very cautious to put in $59.99 + shipping (probably internationally (despite my screen name) if not released by any USA retailers) without checking out a demo. Another cricket video game that was released a short while ago has left a bitter taste in many mouths, I am sure.

Last edited:
i feel so the potential loss will be in sales of the game as pc is major in platform and also 4 months window this is shit & @BigAntStudios any chances if game gets ready before can we get it released before?

Something like a big patience test for Cricket fans..... No problem, loving it.

I read some posts, but too many pages already to go through. Please delete my post if this is already covered.

Is there going to be a demo released?

I'd be very cautious to put in $59.99 + shipping (probably internationally (despite my screen name) if not released by any USA retailers) without checking out a demo. Another cricket video game that was released a short while ago has left a bitter taste in many mouths, I am sure.

Did you miss the whole 'Public play session' and 'Nets in Academy' and 'there will be no additional demo' thing?

i feel so the potential loss will be in sales of the game as pc is major in platform and also 4 months window this is shit & @BigAntStudios any chances if game gets ready before can we get it released before?

Since a specific release date has not been mentioned, I'd believe it when the game is actually out on PlayStation and XBOX online stores. I still have a good reason to believe that the console version will not release even in March 2014, if at all. Of course, the hopes are now higher than ever. But I highly doubt they'll release it before end of March 2014.

I do have a PS3 but still I don't think that is fair with PC gamers. All of us have been waiting for the game to release for so long. Retail DVD version for PC should be released.

I have been quietly waiting for the release info all this while. Now its here and being a PC gamer, its really disappointing. One person's interest might not be much but still...A week's delay or two was already insulting enough and now its almost 2 months! 2 months is a lot of time to lose interest, and seeing how others get to start playing before you, it hurts more now.

Okay, considering all that has been excluded...why on Earth would you do this to us? It certainly does increase the distribution amount in a digitally progressed country. It has the reverse impact on India and other countries with slow networks.

This is the only saving grace. I remember downloading Battlefield 3 on Origin for 2 months, by the time it was done, I had no time or interest to play it.
But if the boxed version is going to ask me to download huge amounts, please do tell us in advance, atleast I can bail out on this instalment.

Playing a game in August that originally released in March being one reason, I passing on to my final year in engineering plus being involved in extra and co-curriculars would mean no time for the game.

Feel a little let down but what do you owe us? Nothing. Hence I'll just consider myself highly unlucky. Whatever it is, Atb to the success of the franchise. Honestly, I didn't think it would come to this for me.

The boxed version may also ask to download huge amount, as was the case with Hitman Absolution. had to download almost 12 gb from steam after buying the game from Flipkart.:noway

I have been quietly waiting for the release info all this while. Now its here and being a PC gamer, its really disappointing. One person's interest might not be much but still...A week's delay or two was already insulting enough and now its almost 2 months! 2 months is a lot of time to lose interest, and seeing how others get to start playing before you, it hurts more now.

Okay, considering all that has been excluded...why on Earth would you do this to us? It certainly does increase the distribution amount in a digitally progressed country. It has the reverse impact on India and other countries with slow networks.

This is the only saving grace. I remember downloading Battlefield 3 on Origin for 2 months, by the time it was done, I had no time or interest to play it.
But if the boxed version is going to ask me to download huge amounts, please do tell us in advance, atleast I can bail out on this instalment.

Playing a game in August that originally released in March being one reason, I passing on to my final year in engineering plus being involved in extra and co-curriculars would mean no time for the game.

Feel a little let down but what do you owe us? Nothing. Hence I'll just consider myself highly unlucky. Whatever it is, Atb to the success of the franchise. Honestly, I didn't think it would come to this for me.

Kudos Sibi. Can tell you're obviously disappointed but that's one of the best/most mature reactions I've seen anyone have to the PC-delay news.

@SnowyCasanova - i get what you're saying:

If you knew what you were talking about, you would know a PC delay was always on the cards.

In respect of there often being (longer) delays for PC games, but i would suggest the implication here has long been that current gen consoles and PC would release together for DBC. Now I'm getting it on Xbox and always was, but even so I was taken aback and slightly disappointed by the PC-delay news. I do feel that could have been handled better in terms of expectation management, as surely it has actually been on the cards a while, but was not communicated as such.

I got massive respect for Ross because he's fronting up, not hiding etc. but I do feel certain things have not been handled all that well and i think this is one of them.

The boxed version may also ask to download huge amount, as was the case with Hitman Absolution. had to download almost 12 gb from steam after buying the game from Flipkart.

Which downloads exactly? Mmmmm, essential downloads like direct x and something and something?

These kinda stuffs gives me serve heart attack. -_-

Last edited:
Good discussion going on. Great. Some are unable to keep from letting their frustration get personal. Lets not get abusive guys.....

:lol @ pc gamers.

:lol

Console players :thumbs, see you in March
MRW I read this post

mHM3DMk.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
To all the PC gamers....

Haha...SUCK IT!!

Sorry...that was mean and uncalled for.

I apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.