Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I once made a legitimate update to Wikipedia. I corrected the number of goals Andy Cole scored in his career on the Premier League records page.

Does that answer your questions?

My 2 cents on Wikipedia.. as most people said, take the info with a grain of salt.. non-current news pages and 'boring' subjects are usually pretty reliable. There are a huge number of dedicated moderators who review changes routinely, and corrections are made pretty quickly. IP's can be picked up and banned from multiple offences, but with the ease of switching IP addresses mean it's no real deterent. Added to the fact that there is a chance you could get a IP address from your ISP that has previously been banned and won't let you make legitimate changes, for example.

The article still feels particularly unencyclopedic in style. Worth noting that Ross' posts on here are a primary source, and thus aren't able to be cited, and those random links in the article are a bit spammy.

There's some good overview articles of the game and our page on it that are good sources for verifiable statements on the game.

Some of my lecturers at Uni had a blanket rule - if they see Wikipedia as a source in your reference list, you automatically get a zero.

Is it nice to have the page set-up? Sure. But as Matt has alluded to, something like this is of more value.

Some of my lecturers at Uni had a blanket rule - if they see Wikipedia as a source in your reference list, you automatically get a zero.
Which is why you scroll to the bottom of the Wikipedia page, and just copy those citations...

I remember at high school when we were just learning about referencing that I submitted things citing 'Google'.

Citation required!?

I cited A Wise Man and Somebody in my A level English exam. I can't remember if it was a joke or not, I might have been ill.

Would like to say keep up the good work ross and the men and women of big ant studios keep producing games like dbc 14 and better Good work guys

I think @BigAntStudios thought since it was so long since anyone had asked for the release date, nobody was interested any more. It's our fault really. I particularly blame @skippingbrad - I mean if a new member isn't gonna ask for the release date, it's perfectly reasonable for Big Ant to assume nobody cares anymore and just cancel the release.

Just to clarify reasons I dont ask for a release date im sure there wont be an answer to that question at this time I do want the game but im happy to wait not asking the same questions a million times to get false info or nothing when big ant studios informs us of the release date for dbc14 then I will say fantastic its coming until then I will wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread