Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't have time to check it myself because of the other issues going on - it's meant to be skippable.
It's skippable, but only after you've watched it once in full. Plus, you can't skip it with anything other than the A button - I normally mash the Start button so I can get the menu up to simulate to career player as soon as possible.

Considering the weather is for one whole day regardless of whether it's a 5 over match at 7pm, or a 5 day Test match, I've never paid much attention to it. It's easier just to look at the clouds in the sky or the actual rain.

Damn you Dutch!

Considering the weather is for one whole day regardless of whether it's a 5 over match at 7pm, or a 5 day Test match, I've never paid much attention to it. It's easier just to look at the clouds in the sky or the actual rain.

It's not when you are deciding when to declare in 3rd innings of first class/test match on final day. Need to know chances of rain for remainder of day etc

It's not when you are deciding when to declare in 3rd innings of first class/test match on final day. Need to know chances of rain for remainder of day etc
But unless you save out and go back in, you don't get a chance to look at it again. That's why I'd suggest it be hud based updates as you play, or a menu option to look at the playing conditions.

Well DBC is finally released - I Can't wait to get home from work tonight to play this and kids will be in bed early.

I see it is currently in top 3 of sports best sellers not bad when considering the steam sale is still on.

I hope Ross and his team are pleased with the sales so far and its selling well.

Personally, as expected, I found every aspect of PC version of this game superior to the console version. I am glad my repeat purchase didn't go as a waste. I'm quite certain I'll be playing more on the PC because the console version now looks like a Playstation 2 experience. I am sure when they release DBC for next gen consoles, it'll be more on par with what it is today for PC.

The patch 2 has certainly made significant improvements to the engine and it's really an amazing experience. What a game of cricket!

But my suggestion is that if you own a current gen console version and want to keep loving it, do NOT and I mean do NOT look at the PC version. Ever. :D

Last edited:
So I'm using the PS3 controller with the DS3 tool and it works well, but I can't pause the game with it, I have to keep using the Esc button on the keyboard. Is this the same for everyone or is it a function of my controller?

Also, were the graphic filters always there or is it a new addition? Loving the retro look. :thumbs

Played the game last night and started a new career at 21 (bowling AR) and holy shit the game looks and feels so much better. Bowling is more difficult but you can still take a handful of wickets. Nowhere near as many bad ball wickets, or the batter missing the ball by a mile randomly. The dismissals feel very natural. The replays are a lot better too, I love this improvement. I was really hoping to test out the batting but I played on on my first delivery.

Only an hour of gameplay but I'm impressed.

I just played my first match and I'm already an established member of several comps. 21 is the way to go.

I've already pre-loaded the game and it apparently has an update to download. Though that isn't working atm :/

I need a Save game option without exiting the match.

The wait is over. Just got home, played a 5-over game. Oh boy...worth every penny!!

Imagine my frustration when I logged into Steam today morning, just 5 mins before leaving for office, and seeing the "Play" button. The next 9 hours were probably the longest I've ever endured.

Thanks @BigAntStudios and the whole team for this wonderful game! Thank you very much for sticking up for us, the PC players/platform.

My first SS from the game :)

2en48ir.jpg

Btw, there is a huge difference between watching it on YouTube and experiencing it first hand. Totally loving it xD

Downloaded the game and played it for good 4-5 hours. Loved Every aspect of the game so far except the BATTING. Batting feels like i am playing every shot pre-determinedly. Specially against the pace bowlers. there is absolutely no time to react.

Downloaded the game and played it for good 4-5 hours. Loved Every aspect of the game so far except the BATTING. Batting feels like i am playing every shot pre-determinedly. Specially against the pace bowlers. there is absolutely no time to react.

The batting is quite a big part of the game. Keep practicing and you will improve. Try not to pre-meditate your shots. It's worth playing the quicks off the back foot. It is tough to start with, and has a steep leaning curve, but that's what makes the game enjoyable and challenging.

A few of the preview posts have a download attached.

Thanks. Hopefully there'll be a thread where they are catalogued so it's easy to download, because there is some fantastic work in there.

Yeah but i still thing it is next to impossible to play drives and cuts without pre determining them to a fast bowler or may be I my reflexes are just super slow.

Just kicked off a career (Durham, leg spinning all rounder) and really am having the most fun. Spin bowling is really well designed...managed to get 4 wickets in my first 1st class match (admittedly 2 were stumpings off rank wide balls on the offside). Not so good in the second inning...but great fun. I was punching the air in celebration when I got my first clean bowled wicket (just taking the top of off stump).

Can't thanks Big Ant enough for their efforts here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread