Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Wow just saw this image of Lacrosse 16 on Xbox store..

This game shows sweat as well...Another thing to note for the next gen graphics part...Great detail..

Sound is definitely a priority for the next cricket - Lacrosse certainly isn't at the point we'd want to be on commentary, but I still enjoy it.

I think Lacrosse is a more football style game where you have the in-play on the fly calling. Cricket is different.

Too many games treat it like radio commentary describing the action. TV commentary is actually more analytical: a moment's description (shot, great ball etc.) in the live shot but then deeper in the replays.

This game shows sweat as well...Another thing to note for the next gen graphics part...Great detail..

It's current-gen lol :D The folk at PS3/X360 are now old-gen! We will truly see a game being utilised now for current-gen graphics (as is the general consensus) so can't wait. As good a game DBC14 was (and still is) for PS4, it still feels like the game was basically ported over to the newer consoles at the time, however, with the priority on utilising PC/PS4 graphic capabilities this time around, it's going to be very exciting. Not so much for the old-gen users (may be time for an upgrade?).

It's current-gen lol :D The folk at PS3/X360 are now old-gen! We will truly see a game being utilised now for current-gen graphics (as is the general consensus) so can't wait. As good a game DBC14 was (and still is) for PS4, it still feels like the game was basically ported over to the newer consoles at the time, however, with the priority on utilising PC/PS4 graphic capabilities this time around, it's going to be very exciting. Not so much for the old-gen users (may be time for an upgrade?).
I was talking about BA graphics up gradation and not console wise..

Too many games treat it like radio commentary describing the action. TV commentary is actually more analytical: a moment's description (shot, great ball etc.) in the live shot but then deeper in the replays.

The Key I believe for cricket commentary is rarely talk about present always dwell on Past and Future!

Dave has already spoken in great depth about commentary - his post was spot on and hopefully was taken into account!

We need Bumble on comms :)

whoa! this crowd looks phenomenal!

Lacrosse? I'm assuming thats aimed at the US market? My only 'exposure' to lacrosse was watching Ozstreicher running around on American Pie! lol

Nothing on DB16? Unfortunately all I hear about is BA working on everything OTHER than DB16! :( (RLL3, Lacrosse, etc).

Nothing on DB16? Unfortunately all I hear about is BA working on everything OTHER than DB16! :( (RLL3, Lacrosse, etc).
Well given the release is right around the corner you'll hear quite a bit about it hopefully.

Indeed, good timing as the official trailer is now out:

The main reason to talk about it here is that it's a good way of demonstrating where the tech is on a game that's completed, rather than something incomplete.

There was a Twitter exchange between Kent cricket & @Ross at the weekend about their ground being in the game, potentially both with and without the old tree that used to be in the outfield.

I wanted to post it here but then couldn't find it. I don't know if it got deleted or not, somehow my part of the conversation (where I asked Ross about the tree & he said he'd thought of it) was connected to Dirt Track posts and there was none of the Kent / Big Ant exchange. But it happened, I tells ya!!

Would be great if it's there just to have another county ground option. If it had the tree too, that would just be exceptional.

There was a Twitter exchange between Kent cricket & @Ross at the weekend about their ground being in the game, potentially both with and without the old tree that used to be in the outfield.

Lol - Just seen that. @Ross giving Kent the "They'd have to email us about it." That man has no shame. :)

Those are both finished now aren't they? The other thing is the Dirt Track game (which I'm assuming is a vaguely separate team, given it's rather more different from Cricket/Rugby/Lacrosse: "Team Sport" I would think is slightly different that "Team Racing") if that achieves it's Kickstarter goal - that might be an uphill battle (Kickstarter is so hard to make work any more), but from the looks of it they will make the game anyway - clearly loads of work already gone in to that.

Users who are viewing this thread