Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Regards to Pro CAM , While playing in Pro Cam I should not see the safe Gurad , Is there a option to wear without safe guard helmet ?

Pro CAM need improvement regarding the safe guard view , who see the safe guard while playing ?

There are helmets without grills...you can edit in academy for all players in your team...you can go without a helmet too

In DBC14 there was a "transparent batsman" option which made the helmet less visible (and helped vision when facing round the wicket deliveries), presumably this option will return in a future version.

Yep I feel the slightly different angle in close cam so far makes transparency a necessity for the full game.

I'm hoping that pro cam mode is only demo at this stage ie. not final. The pro cam mode in DB14 was excellent for two reasons:

1. it gave you a full field of view (IRL the grills are just in front of your nose so you have a good unobstructed view of the ball); and
2. your head did not move once the bowler started running.

Having said that, there is an issue (I think anyway) with the pro mode camera (for me anyway) and that's when you do a quick scan around your view will go almost 90 deg to the right (ie. tilted). That's quite annoying esp when facing a spinner who is almost bowling whilst your view is tilted to the right.

In DB17, the pro mode has three issues I can see which I've raised a post on somewhere:

1. the view is a little obstructed by the grill;
2. the camera moves before the ball is bowled (I don't get this one); and
3. on bowling, the camera actually pans upwards thereby bringing the grill upwards and hiding the ball.

They should just use the view they used for DB14.

I'm hoping that pro cam mode is only demo at this stage ie. not final. The pro cam mode in DB14 was excellent for two reasons:

1. it gave you a full field of view (IRL the grills are just in front of your nose so you have a good unobstructed view of the ball); and
2. your head did not move once the bowler started running.

Having said that, there is an issue (I think anyway) with the pro mode camera (for me anyway) and that's when you do a quick scan around your view will go almost 90 deg to the right (ie. tilted). That's quite annoying esp when facing a spinner who is almost bowling whilst your view is tilted to the right.

In DB17, the pro mode has three issues I can see which I've raised a post on somewhere:

1. the view is a little obstructed by the grill;
2. the camera moves before the ball is bowled (I don't get this one); and
3. on bowling, the camera actually pans upwards thereby bringing the grill upwards and hiding the ball.

They should just use the view they used for DB14.

I too feel the DBC14 pro cam was great. But I remember DBC14 Nets having this exact same issue.

It was all perfect in DBC14 except for the running part. It would be nice if they could add the looking around option to the R stick while running in pro-cam and steady it too. I'm pretty sure that the R stick moves the head after the ball is dead in DBC14, so why not right after the batsman hits the ball and looks where it went?
OR
Like the picture in picture style that shows the two batsmen running, at the bottom right corner, why not replace it in pro cam view with a picture in picture of the ball? I often found myself missing out 2s and 3s or getting run out cause I didn't know if the ball had been fielded.

I too feel the DBC14 pro cam was great. But I remember DBC14 Nets having this exact same issue.

It was all perfect in DBC14 except for the running part. It would be nice if they could add the looking around option to the R stick while running in pro-cam and steady it too. I'm pretty sure that the R stick moves the head after the ball is dead in DBC14, so why not right after the batsman hits the ball and looks where it went?
OR
Like the picture in picture style that shows the two batsmen running, at the bottom right corner, why not replace it in pro cam view with a picture in picture of the ball? I often found myself missing out 2s and 3s or getting run out cause I didn't know if the ball had been fielded.

Yes actually batsmen will focus on the ball while running in cricket so in pro cam if the batsmen runs while looking at the ball would be nice so we can take decision on 2s and 3s easily. Also on the right corner the running hud would be nice if theres a box with picture instead of running on the line.

A question for @MattW

In DBC17 will there be an update of the BARS System to allow for reviews of edges for catches at short leg and catches by the wicketkeeper?

OR

I actually got nauseous when the camera moved around when running and/or when on the non-strikers end so I only used pro mode for facing. The good thing is you can change your camera mode for running, so I use broadcast mode for that. Not perfect but I'd prefer not to throw up all over my computer screen lol. Besides, IRL you have a lot more situational awareness than you do ingame esp with the ability to move your head around quickly.

Yes actually batsmen will focus on the ball while running in cricket so in pro cam if the batsmen runs while looking at the ball would be nice so we can take decision on 2s and 3s easily. Also on the right corner the running hud would be nice if theres a box with picture instead of running on the line.

A batsman or at least any batsman that's been taught properly will absolutely NOT focus on the ball while running.

I actually got nauseous when the camera moved around when running and/or when on the non-strikers end so I only used pro mode for facing. The good thing is you can change your camera mode for running, so I use broadcast mode for that. Not perfect but I'd prefer not to throw up all over my computer screen lol. Besides, IRL you have a lot more situational awareness than you do ingame esp with the ability to move your head around quickly.

Yeah I didn't do that cause I like the running camera where the focus is on the batsman and instead of the camera cutting to it, it gradually pulled back and that meant I didn't know where the ball went for a second. Plus it was such a great feeling to take a single in pro cam when I hit the ball straight, it really felt so realistic, like I was IN the match.

A batsman or at least any batsman that's been taught properly will absolutely NOT focus on the ball while running.

True that. You look as soon as you hit and before reaching the crease, if you know the ball is not on it's way, just to check how long before the fielder gathers it. But ofcourse if you hit it in the air towards a fielder then you do keep looking at it.

Yeah I didn't do that cause I like the running camera where the focus is on the batsman and instead of the camera cutting to it, it gradually pulled back and that meant I didn't know where the ball went for a second. Plus it was such a great feeling to take a single in pro cam when I hit the ball straight, it really felt so realistic, like I was IN the match.

True that. You look as soon as you hit and before reaching the crease, if you know the ball is not on it's way, just to check how long before the fielder gathers it. But ofcourse if you hit it in the air towards a fielder then you do keep looking at it.

I agree but he will keep an eye on it not just simply running...i pro cam running i just want the runner to look towards the direction of the ball couple of times so it will be real. You play a shot to covers and you should know where the ball is going and in how much time the fielder will take it.

Users who are viewing this thread