Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

I bat exclusively with Pro Cam...but use the running camera, when running (mainly to avoid the inducement of nausea when running in Pro Cam). One thing I am hoping for in DBC17 is for the running camera to only cut in when I hit the run button and not automatically after playing a shot. That way I can watch the ball in Pro Cam before deciding on a run. I've found that, in DBC14, when the camera automaticaly switches, I lose track of the ball for a brief moment, think it has beaten the fielder (particularly the bowler for straght drives), trigger a run and induce a run out. If the PoV stayed in Pro Cam, until the run button was hit, I wouldn't get myself into these situations so often.

Would love to hear about the changes that we are going to experience in terms of game presentation !

Just drove past a village green with a cricket pitch today and it made me think, it would be great if the stadium creator allowed us to make such pitches.

B7HkmiX.jpg

Obviously not expecting cars to be driving around or being able to hit the ball into a pond :p I'm intrigued as to how much detail we can put into the surrounding areas and backgrounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that's one thing I'm so pumped to try out. Stadium creator is huge.

Looking at the huge amount of background detail BA had put into making each stadium in DBC14 (take a look at the freecam pictures in the fearsome tweak thread : DBC14 Downloads), I'm not sure how much of background variety we would get or be editable either in the stadium creator.

I agree but he will keep an eye on it not just simply running...i pro cam running i just want the runner to look towards the direction of the ball couple of times so it will be real. You play a shot to covers and you should know where the ball is going and in how much time the fielder will take it.

Pro cam means , the batsman eyes view not inbuilt camera at near eyes , which fluctuate ups and down every time and see internal view of helmet .

Still need Eye Cam to Real Pro Cam

Well, I don't know whether this had been brought into notice yet (must be) but I'll do it anyway...........

Was playing DBC 14. Playing an one day match today as Tasmania vs Victoria in Adelaide stadium. I'm playing a career with Somerset and just moved in to Australia for the league.
It was 7:30 in the evening and started raining while Tasmania required 15 from 54. Match stopped for a while and then when it starts, quite surprisingly the weather has changed to a day-lit morning. Quite unnatural isn't it? :D

Hope such issue won't be there in DBC 17. It's funny and awful!

EDIT: All rain affected matches are really strange. The revised target doesn't get calculated correctly. Over reduction only happens to a pre-defined way no matter what (12 overs, 16 overs etc). While players leaves the field during rain, the weather suddenly becomes clear and yet, they leaves!

I think an introduction of trigger movements against fast bowlers would be nice just a little feature to make the game more realistic

I bat exclusively with Pro Cam...but use the running camera, when running (mainly to avoid the inducement of nausea when running in Pro Cam). One thing I am hoping for in DBC17 is for the running camera to only cut in when I hit the run button and not automatically after playing a shot. That way I can watch the ball in Pro Cam before deciding on a run. I've found that, in DBC14, when the camera automaticaly switches, I lose track of the ball for a brief moment, think it has beaten the fielder (particularly the bowler for straght drives), trigger a run and induce a run out. If the PoV stayed in Pro Cam, until the run button was hit, I wouldn't get myself into these situations so often.

+1 to this. I use broadcast cam for running.

As an aside, I just noticed that if you're in a partnership and you sim past the AI batsman scoring past the 50/100/150/200 partnership, you DON'T get the reward for it!! Thats crap! thats atleast 50xp or whatever it is that I'm being cheated out of. Please BA, fix this. We shouldn't be penalised for simming.

Bowling improvement

There should be combination of Confidence vs Bowling line length ,

If a bowler have low confidence there should be less time set line length . and vica versa in a match
Same case for low ranking bowler in initial stage but If his confidence increases line length time should improve in a match .

If a bowler have low confidence there should be less time set line length . and vica versa in a match

Personally, I don't think this would be the best approach. Suppose a bowler has a low confidence, then it would become very, very hard for him to gain it back due to the decreased time limit. We have to have a window of opportunity to let the bowler get back his confidence and not make it a point of no return.

Last edited:
Hey all,

Not important. But does anyone know if we will be able to specify who will wear vests/jumpers/longsleeves?

Thanks

But does anyone know if we will be able to specify who will wear vests/jumpers/longsleeves?
Of course you can.. You even can do this in DBC 14. :)

EDIT: I'm sorry I misunderstood your question. Or, was too eager to answer than reading the question thoroughly! Admitting Yes I was wrong with the answer....! Sorry to misdirect you folks!

Last edited:
Personally, I don't think this would be the best approach. Suppose a bowler has a low confidence, then it would become very, very hard for him to gain it back due to the decreased time limit. We have to have a window of opportunity to let the bowler get back his confidence and not make it a point of no return.

Adding to this Brilliant point, It'll be nice to see if the team captain throws the ball to the best bowler and keep the low confident bowler aside to cool him/her off.
In DBC 14 career (a batting all-rounder) mode, It's often frustrating to see I ended up with a figure of 1 for 19 in 6 overs and rest of the bowlers got hammered but yet I wasn't given the ball to finish my 10 over quota and ended up losing!

Users who are viewing this thread