Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Gunslinger

Club Cricketer
Is there a way to see the batsman's strengths and weaknesses while bowling? It used to be on right stick click on PS3 in DBC14, can't seem to find it on DBC17.

I was really hoping they would introduce your own player's strength/weakness as well but seems they have gone backwards and I can't even find the opponent's data.

It's not there. Bit of a shame they didn't include that very handy little feature in this game.

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Is there a way to change the default line up in career mode? Currently, I've to change the line-up before every match - would be nice if there was a way to pick the last game's line-up automatically.

N_stbss

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is there a way to reset academy to default state

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
So how long do you guys reckon we have to wait before getter into career mode since this is crux of the game for offliners like myself.

LiamHampshire

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Does anybody know where i might be able to find some basic club badge/crest templates, e.g. a purple/blue/green/whatever shield shape that i can download put text (only part of logo creator I can use lol) over the top of? Ran a search and no one seems to have created any so far which surprises me as i thought logo/club crest templates would be easy to create; I suppose there aren't any other weirdos like me who create fantasy teams with their own logos. Please direct me to a more suitable thread if i'm in the wrong place lol.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
So how long do you guys reckon we have to wait before getter into career mode since this is crux of the game for offliners like myself.

Well I don't know about you but I will hold on till the following are fixed before starting with career mode...

1. 360 degree batting with at the very least cover & square drives through Covers & Cover Point and flicks/glances to fine leg/long leg region.
2. Ability to play with Custom/downloaded teams without crashes.
3. Duplicate players issue fixed. Don't want to start a career and then finding there are 3 Mitchell Starcs in Aus team and 4 James Andersons in Eng team.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Folks can anyone help me with the following...

Q1: How can you vary speed for a spinner? Is there a Gameplay Modifier for doing so similar to "Maximum Pace" for pacers? I'm playing casual matches and I'm seeing some of the AI spinners vary their speed way too much and I want to reduce the variation.

Q2. Anyone know what "Ball Friction" Gameplay Modifier slider does? I thought it was for outfield speed but it isn't the case as I seem to get the same results whether the slider is 0 or 100.

Q3. What is the "Min Pace" Gameplay Modifier slider used for? The "Max Pace" slider is used to increase or decrease the speed of pace bowlers but not sure what "Min Pace" one does. I tried to change it but couldn't figure out the difference.

Q4. Is there a way for me to see the pitch type & conditions after the match starts? Sometimes I skip the screen with pitch type/conditions too soon or don't recall the conditions and want to see the same. Is there any way for me to do so?

Q5. How can I view the type of bowler I'm facing? Occasionally I press X too soon and skip seeing the bowler type at the start of a new over or spell and can't figure out what the bowler will be bowling. Is there a menu where I can see this information? When I press up on d-pad I can see batsmen & bowler confidence/stamina but it doesn't show the Bowler Type.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Well I don't know about you but I will hold on till the following are fixed before starting with career mode...

1. 360 degree batting with at the very least cover & square drives through Covers & Cover Point and flicks/glances to fine leg/long leg region.
2. Ability to play with Custom/downloaded teams without crashes.
3. Duplicate players issue fixed. Don't want to start a career and then finding there are 3 Mitchell Starcs in Aus team and 4 James Andersons in Eng team.

I am also waiting for these fixes. Especially the shot variations & memory issue due to custom logos. For some reason, I am finding batting difficult on PRO difficulty level too which was my default difficulty on DBC14 from day 1. I tried easiest mode and still struggling to hit sixes and I get bored with having to play same limited shots.

Started my career but feeling less interested with this game overall with current state. But am sure BA's patches down the lane will iron this out without doubts. Also quite curious on the impact this is going to make on sales of PC version.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
You will be waiting a long time for that then as no game is bug free!

Agreed, but if number of issues are above a tolerance level impacting gameplay then it gets alarming. Currently we have couple of them at the least to my knowledge from limited hours I have played( variation of shots & memory crash due to logos ) and hopefully it doesn't get too long to have next patch coming. Fingers crossed. These tiny little big impacting bugs actually make DBC14 more popular!

KingsPunjabIsaac

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
How can I get help for the broken career mode in my copy of DBC17???? After the first match of every career I start, it takes me back to the original career screen where you choose an existing player, or choose to create your own. I really want to play the career mode as i found it very enjoyable when I first started it, but now it appears to be broken. Ive tried numerous times to ask in this forum how to fix it, but no one seems to be responding, so is there any solution???

Users who are viewing this thread