Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Has anyone noticed on the MAIN MENU screen -- right hand side.....SETTINGS..... USER STATISTICS..... all your stats -- old DBC14 style is there! (obviously I assume its ALL your stats, not your career only stats....)

Don_Bradman_Cricket_17_20161229123825.jpg

Yeah I saw it the first day , looked exactly like the DBC14 Look . But like you said , I think this is for total playing , and not only career Stats .

Yeah I saw it the first day , looked exactly like the DBC14 Look . But like you said , I think this is for total playing , and not only career Stats .

It's also wrong. Didn't have my highest score correct, and all reflex catches in all formats said when my video shows I've taken several (assuming reflex catch is the slomo thing).

It's also wrong. Didn't have my highest score correct, and all reflex catches in all formats said when my video shows I've taken several (assuming reflex catch is the slomo thing).
Ok so it needs fixing, and moving -- we want this in career so that we can see what our career player is doing in career mode :)

Yeah , DBC14`s Stats were also not 100 % , I knew there was allways a difference between the Wins showing on the Summary page , and the one when you go into the more detailed one .

Yeah , DBC14`s Stats were also not 100 % , I knew there was allways a difference between the Wins showing on the Summary page , and the one when you go into the more detailed one .

The only stats I cared about in DBC 14 were the career ones. I must have spent hours poring over my career player's stats admiring the no. of 100s, 50s, Not Outs, HS Score and Averages and figuring out what I needed to do in the upcoming series to ensure the average creeps slightly higher (say 51 from the current 50.57). There were times I declared the innings or ran out my team-mates so I could reach my personal targets and remain unbeaten ;)

The in-depth stats need to be made available in DBC 17 else statistically inclined folks, to put it mildly, won't find career mode that appealing. Cricket, like baseball, is as much about stats as it is about gameplay and watered down stats (e.g., only showing total no. of runs & wkts without the breakups with 50s, 100s, Average, HS Score, Not Outs etc.) will take away fun and immersion from the career mode even though DBC 17 has enhanced career mode compared to DBC 14. To put it differently if I'm given a choice between enhanced career mode with limited stats and a slightly limited career mode with enhanced stats, I would go with latter. Hopefully Big Ant ( @MattW ) revisit the stats in DBC 17 and add more in-depth stats and rectify the incorrect stats which are currently showing up (e.g., Not Out high scores not considered etc.)

The career stats are surely a disappointment. DBC14 too left a lot to be desired in terms of stats but atleast the avg and 50s and 100s kept one motivated but here they are simply meagre. Also even more disappointing is the fact that unbeaten scores are not registered in the stats.

Why does the game goes blurry for me??
When I am playing a match the screen just goes blurry and it just hurts my eyes

is it me or backfoot shots are really hard to connect in DBC 17? in DBC14 playing backfoot shots felt really good. But in DBC 17 i am having a really difficult time connecting backfoot shots. Some deliveries are better played on backfoot but in DBC 17 it seems impossible.

is it me or backfoot shots are really hard to connect in DBC 17? in DBC14 playing backfoot shots felt really good. But in DBC 17 i am having a really difficult time connecting backfoot shots. Some deliveries are better played on backfoot but in DBC 17 it seems impossible.
yeah only play red ringed balls on backfoot -- even then I have been bowled because i missed a red ringed "short" ball :( but i miss the back foot drives i could do with "good length" balls in DBC14

Anyone successfully played first class or test matches against the AI?

My observation is that the stamina system - particularly the fact there is no replenishment at breaks and overnight - is very detrimental. The AI bowls very innacurately and gifts extras, then the effectiveness of the human player's bowlers is drastically reduced too.

Needs a ground up rethink I reckon.

Ive really only played tests (except during career club grade) and i find the stamina a touch too harsh. Maybe tone it back 5% and obviously fully replenish after days and semi replenish between sessions. Its definately broken in regards to breaks and overnights. You can score 80runs in the first innings and in the 2nd innings you start with zero stamina full of confidence lol.

Anyone successfully played first class or test matches against the AI?

My observation is that the stamina system - particularly the fact there is no replenishment at breaks and overnight - is very detrimental. The AI bowls very innacurately and gifts extras, then the effectiveness of the human player's bowlers is drastically reduced too.

Needs a ground up rethink I reckon.

Forget bowling. I played a Test and was asked to follow on. Following on the stamina for one of my openers and no. 3 batsman when they arrived at the crease was 46% and 0% respectively. Apparently sitting with their feet up after being dismissed in the 1st innings wasn't enough to replenish stamina. Sadly the longer format is broken in the game due to stamina and extras (wides/byes) issues. The best games you have is in shorter formats even though extras are a pain in the @$$ with nearly 40-50 extras given by AI in an odi innings. You can see stamina go down for bowlers after they bowl 3-4 overs and the pace drops but in shorter formats it's easier to get over it.

For some reason Backfoot shots/drives are nerfed in DBC 17. You can't do much with backfoot for deliveries other than "red" colored ones (short). You can forget driving off the back foot as the backfoot drives are hit & miss.

Users who are viewing this thread