Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

From my understanding the players that have been created are not skilled correctly in the muscle and cardio attributes, hence the players aren't regenerating there stamina quickly enough. But also I'm not sure if some people were aware of the "simulation anomaly" namely @cricket_online and @blockerdave . Which may have led them to the conclusion that the "stamina regeneration" is broken, and advocating that they think it is. But it's not...

The thing I like about the "stamina regeneration" is that it takes into account how much work a bowler or batter has done in an innings and applies to the following innings, the only hiccup being the "simulation anomaly" or "muscle and cardio" attributes not being skilled correctly, hence the illusion.

If you're talking about career simulate to increase stats, I am aware of that but it is no part of my statement.

My statement is about the AI giving 21 extras on day 1, the 73 on day 2 when their stamina was heavily depleted and not replenished.

I'm talking about the human players being so tired that their 3rd innings batting power and 4th innings bowling effectiveness were drastically affected.

Also, being able to simulate to get round things doesn't mean things are broken. Broken means it doesn't work properly or is very detrimental to normal playing conditions.

Under my definition the stamina system is broken in the sense it is certainly detrimental to normal playing of the longer formats. I played with all players over 65+ both fitness es, and bowlers in the 75-85 range, a 3 day match, and it was evident that the lack of stamina replenishment at breaks/over night heavily affected the game and my enjoyment of it. I'm going to try again with all players 100/100 and see how it goes.

Broken is I know a strong word and I hesitate to use it, but when the system leads to bowlers starting the day in the 60% range and hurling down wide after wide, and several times I had to restart overs or switch teams then change bowlers to a less tired one, then I cannot play it normally and it is broken.

But I have perspective, Big Ant will fix that. The game is good despite it. The match this all happened in was still a tense, exciting and enjoyable match with out of the seat moments.

I'm enjoying the game immensely.

From my understanding the players that have been created are not skilled correctly in the muscle and cardio attributes, hence the players aren't regenerating there stamina quickly enough. But also I'm not sure if some people were aware of the "simulation anomaly" namely @cricket_online and @blockerdave . Which may have led them to the conclusion that the "stamina regeneration" is broken, and advocating that they think it is. But it's not...

The thing I like about the "stamina regeneration" is that it takes into account how much work a bowler or batter has done in an innings and applies to the following innings, the only hiccup being the "simulation anomaly" or "muscle and cardio" attributes not being skilled correctly, hence the illusion.

But then most of the Teams arent really fiddled with down to the fielding Attributes that much , so is the fault not on BA Side for incorrectly setting the On disk players up ??

No matter how poorly skilled the players are in the academy (by the way I've faced these issues with out of the box teams) you would still expect them to replenish stamina after a session or at the start of a new day or after an innings is over. Currently Stamina is sort of static where breaks or end of day/sessions aren't recognized.

Straight batted shots has allways been less powerfull in DBC14 as well . But I think it needs to be re-balanced . One cannot allways end up playing everything cross batted just because there`s more power to be had . I was a Compulsive Driver of the ball in RL , but in the game I have to bat differently to be maximum effective , and as you said , if you hit the "Boundary ball" straight , the fielders will set off trying to cut the ball off , and it will eventually just trickle over the fence .

The Square Cut Shot , and front foot pull/leg glance shots are basically the 2 x go to shots in Online Pro20 mode , and this is a tad sad . I`ve mentioned it in another thread , but I had a match where this was the only two shots the opponent played , and I could bowl any length/speed , and he connected with 95 % of all the ball just with these two shots. Just didnt feel like proper cricket to be dead honest . Tried as I might , there was no way through these two shots...

They were but not to the same extent as DBC 17. A well timed drive in DBC 14 would still reach the bounday but in DBC 17 most of the well timed drives barely get past mid off. Combine this with nerfed back foot shots (especially the drives) and you are forced to play across the line to score runs.

My goto 4 shot is a straight drive down the ground with L2+R2 -- get a 4 6/10 times ;)

My goto 4 shot is a straight drive down the ground with L2+R2 -- get a 4 6/10 times ;)

Most of the times AI has Deep Mid On and Deep Mid Off so I generally get singles using straight drive. If off drives were as powerful as straight drives, I would definitely be scoring more runs :)

If you're talking about career simulate to increase stats
Nope.
My statement is about the AI giving 21 extras on day 1, the 73 on day 2 when their stamina was heavily depleted and not replenished.
Interesting theory, may very well be true. Actually if that is true... well that would be kinda pretty cool, but there could be so many other variables you would have to keep in mind like pitch type, wk ability, bowlers accuracy etc. Also if your players are running out of stamina so quickly and/or not regenerating fast enough than that's even more reason to adjust "muscle and cardio" attributes or atleast check to see what they're on.
Also, being able to simulate to get round things doesn't mean things are broken. Broken means it doesn't work properly or is very detrimental to normal playing conditions.
Huh?!... nah don't simulute is what I'm saying, thats when the game doesn't recognise the stamina regeneration, stamina regeneration only functions while your batting or bowling an innings, not simulating.
Under my definition the stamina system is broken in the sense it is certainly detrimental to normal playing of the longer formats. I played with all players over 65+ both fitness es, and bowlers in the 75-85 range, a 3 day match, and it was evident that the lack of stamina replenishment at breaks/over night heavily affected the game and my enjoyment of it. I'm going to try again with all players 100/100 and see how it goes.

Broken is I know a strong word and I hesitate to use it, but when the system leads to bowlers starting the day in the 60% range and hurling down wide after wide, and several times I had to restart overs or switch teams then change bowlers to a less tired one, then I cannot play it normally and it is broken.
Yeah set the "muscle and cardio" attributes to 100/100, and then you will see it WORKS and WORKS very well!...you may even find that you will need to adjust them attributes down a touch more when you figure you can bowl 50 overs straight with your opening bowler, then back it up with 65 on the trot in the 2nd innings.
I'm enjoying the game immensely.
Not as much as me :)

Nope.

Interesting theory, may very well be true. Actually if that is true... well that would be kinda pretty cool, but there could be so many other variables you would have to keep in mind like pitch type, wk ability, bowlers accuracy etc. Also if your players are running out of stamina so quickly and/or not regenerating fast enough than that's even more reason to adjust "muscle and cardio" attributes or atleast check to see what they're on.

Huh?!... nah don't simulute is what I'm saying, thats when the game doesn't recognise the stamina regeneration, stamina regeneration only functions while your batting or bowling an innings, not simulating.

Yeah set the "muscle and cardio" attributes to 100/100, and then you will see it WORKS and WORKS very well!...you may even find that you will need to adjust them attributes down a touch more when you figure you can bowl 50 overs straight with your opening bowler, then back it up with 65 on the trot in the 2nd innings.

Not as much as me :)

I batted and bowleds every ball of the match. There was no regeneration.

The intention is great. They should be more tired each day but it should be reflected in quicker depletion, not starting the day on 60% stamina. Also breaks must increase stamina even if a 20 minutes tea break ain't gonna bring them up to 100%.

It's not cool. The extras and generally wayward bowling really affected my batting rhythm.

Big Ant folks ( @MattW, @BigAntStudios, @HBK619 ), can you pls let us know what "Ball Friction" and "Min Pace" Gameplay Modifier sliders do? Have tweaked ball friction from 0 to 100 and didn't see a difference in gameplay, and can't figure out what Min Pace one does either. Most of the others are intuitive or you can see the difference when you tweak them. A description for these two would be appreciated.

I dunno then, ask @MattW or @BigAntStudios or @mikeymerren or someone that can give a definitive answer, as we're all only play testing... but I'm sure it has something to do with those 2 attributes...

I dunno then, ask @MattW or @BigAntStudios or @mikeymerren or someone that can give a definitive answer, as we're all only play testing... but I'm sure it has something to do with those 2 attributes...

From the first session of the next game those attributes are definitely key but I need to see how it looks on days 2/3/4.

But then again having every player 100/100 for those stats is hardly ideal.[DOUBLEPOST=1483134931][/DOUBLEPOST]When you win the toss on a green top and choose to bowl and the opposition are 5 down at lunch and you just think "thank God, conditions really matter this time!!!"

@handsome
Platform: PS4
Platform: PS4
Game Version Number: Patch 2
Game Mode: Any
Match Type: Any
Teams used: Any
Ground: Any
Over Count: Any
Issue (one line description): Incorrect stadiums in tour
Bug description (detail): Created a custom Aus tour of India with country as India, host as India and touring country as Australia. When i got to the first warm up match against Mumbai, the stadium was SCG!

You can override the stadiums in the tour setup, SCG is default (don't know if you can edit the on disk tours... but I know when you setup a new tour u can choose which ground every match is played on. The on disc tours are not editable it seems, but if one is wrong go into tour designer, copy it then edit your new custom tour and change the grounds to your liking.

@cricket_online
hey there I see you started the Bug Reports thread, could we look into a possiblilty of having a KNOWN BUGS thread with a list -- so that we don't have duplicate reports of bugs everyone should already be aware of?

maybe the admins can lock this thread and give someone access to update it....just a thought ;) as I am seeing many many duplicate reports.

Edit: Ok I just spent 10 minutes trying to make my own list --- bad bad idea! I will leave it to the professionals :)

Last edited:
@handsome

You can override the stadiums in the tour setup, SCG is default (don't know if you can edit the on disk tours... but I know when you setup a new tour u can choose which ground every match is played on. The on disc tours are not editable it seems, but if one is wrong go into tour designer, copy it then edit your new custom tour and change the grounds to your liking.
How can i do that?

Main menu --> Match Designer --> Tour Designer --> Square to copy a tour --> Its makes CUSTOM1 --> go into CUSTOM1 to edit name etc -- >goto CALENDAR ---> goto match icon -- > Triangle to Override Ground.

Users who are viewing this thread