Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

IRL when I play cricket generally you can read whether it is a short ball because it is released later and the line is dictated by how it is released. In DBC 14 I couldn't see it, even in pro cam, due to the quality of the game on the ps3 and the bowling animations. So if the bowlers delivery animation can give away line and length then that would be great.

In DB17 will there be any updates to the DRS with regards to overturning catches as only LBW's could be overturned in DB14?

Also would you be able to customize the scoreboard overlays or are those set?

Would like to say a big thanks to Ross and the Big Ant Team for all their hard work in including some cracking new features for the new game!

Well why not have "weight divisions" as a publicity stunt?
I am so tired of this equality political correctness... the reasons girls play with girls in any sport(not just cricket), is the same reason why boxers box in the same weight division, underage players play with people in there own age group. Its not discrimination, its fair, it encourages sportsman of all different abilities, skills, age, and sex that there is a certain division tailored to there own "playing field". Literally a place or division where they can start a sport without being intimidated. In all fairness to women, it wouldn't be safe to place her out in the middle to face mitchell johnson on astro, when mitchell johnson is bowling nearly 40 kmh faster than any thing she would have faced before against girls. Also the same reason why the australian selectors dont pluck someone bloke from the bush playing 3rd grade to open the batting, its just NOT SAFE!

P.s not saying men are better, just that its not safe.. i watched alot of the wbbl that was on t.v and the girls are just as skillful, if not more so than some men

Thank god it's just a computer game then.

Haha yeah ive got not nothing... but as i understand its not just as easy as putting a girl in the team or vice versa, there skills and attrubutes perform differently. Basically the women are designed to "feel" like your not just playing re-skinned men...hopefully big ant have better priorities than to worry about then something thats not realistic:)

When you're starting a paragraph "I am so tired of this equality", you know you're fighting the wrong fight.

No-one would ever FORCE women to face men. But if one wanted to try, and proved worthy, then why the heck shouldn't she? Your point about Mitchell is really backwards: of course no-one would just put someone in to face a really fast ball without proper training and graduation from lower speeds. It's not the Hunger Games.

Sarah Taylor played plenty of mixed gender cricket... and guess what? SHE SURVIVED.

:)

Trust me @Chief if a women playing in men's cricket ever gets a significant injury (particularly in a well covered league), then there's going to be a big shift in the way people think about this topic...

Sarah Taylor was the first woman in Australia to play in a premier league. An exception. There's literally 1000's of girls playing with boys in levels that suit there ability and development, But not proffesionally (the standard this game reflects)

So other then it not being realistic, not being simple to implement, and it not making sense with the sport this game is trying to represent. Is it really worth the money trying to appeal to such a small select audience???

IRL when I play cricket generally you can read whether it is a short ball because it is released later and the line is dictated by how it is released. In DBC 14 I couldn't see it, even in pro cam, due to the quality of the game on the ps3 and the bowling animations. So if the bowlers delivery animation can give away line and length then that would be great.

This would be great as this line & length "tell" just before the delivery is bowled will also allow users to select the appropriate shot and reduce the amount of pre-meditation while batting. I trust Big Ant to come up with some sort of an option or solution to do so.

Another idea or suggestion for using bowling HUD to best use..A way to represent skills to the player on which delivery to bowl to get best result and variations effective level..

Untitled.png

This way looking at the HUD itself we would get the idea as the skills [hopefully] will be playing really important role in gameplay..I also would like a black [maybe transparent] which would be blocked and the bowler will not be able to bowl that delivery and might gain access slowly playing years of cricket in career...Also would be useful for rare part timers who shouldnt be able to bowl variations...The opponent can know the Strong and weak skill only..So it becomes challenging for both the players on reading the deliveries the bowler can or will bowl , more of a mind game...

Another idea or suggestion for using bowling HUD to best use..A way to represent skills to the player on which delivery to bowl to get best result and variations effective level..

View attachment 172648

This way looking at the HUD itself we would get the idea as the skills [hopefully] will be playing really important role in gameplay..I also would like a black [maybe transparent] which would be blocked and the bowler will not be able to bowl that delivery and might gain access slowly playing years of cricket in career...Also would be useful for rare part timers who shouldnt be able to bowl variations...The opponent can know the Strong and weak skill only..So it becomes challenging for both the players on reading the deliveries the bowler can or will bowl , more of a mind game...

And the timing window while batting for dealing with poor deliveries should be broader. So if a bowler who's not skilled at bowling (part timer) or not skilled at bowling a certain type of delivery ends up bowling a full toss, half volley or a half tracker, the batsman should be able to dispatch it easily. In DBC 14 this was a shortcoming as dealing with loose deliveries such as slow short deliveries was much more difficult than dealing with goodish deliveries.

No-one would ever FORCE women to face men. But if one wanted to try, and proved worthy, then why the heck shouldn't she? Your point about Mitchell is really backwards: of course no-one would just put someone in to face a really fast ball without proper training and graduation from lower speeds. It's not the Hunger Games.

Sarah Taylor played plenty of mixed gender cricket... and guess what? SHE SURVIVED.

I mean this happened, Im sure professional players would fare better!

Yup that would be a great addition when playing with teams and give you a quick idea on the bowler and how to bowl with him!

Not sure what the point of the video is. Are you implying women bat are at par with Piers Morgan in terms of batting skill?

omg im deleting that post..

nope i just meant if dufus like him could survive pace bowling, why cant professional athletes do it, if they want to!

Ofcoure pace at mitch's/ lee pace will always have a bit of threat to anyone not just women cricketers!

And the timing window while batting for dealing with poor deliveries should be broader. So if a bowler who's not skilled at bowling (part timer) or not skilled at bowling a certain type of delivery ends up bowling a full toss, half volley or a half tracker, the batsman should be able to dispatch it easily. In DBC 14 this was a shortcoming as dealing with loose deliveries such as slow short deliveries was much more difficult than dealing with goodish deliveries.
Thats the idea..Bowler cant get away bowling a delivery he is low skilled in and the game shouldnt make that kind of deliveries as a loop to use as an exploit in game rather deal with aggressive shots...

When you're starting a paragraph "I am so tired of this equality", you know you're fighting the wrong fight.

:)

Generally men's sport is open, and women's is closed.

This means women can play in men's sport if they wish. They generally don't, since for reasons of pure physicality they wouldn't make the grade. (Even Sarah Taylor never played 1st Team.)

Re equality i am a great believer in Steven Pinker's observation that equality is not the empirical fact that all groups are identical/interchangeable, but the moral principle that individuals shouldn't be constrained by the average properties of their group.

I am personally lookimg forward to seeing how female cricket is implemented and if/how it feels different to male. I think it is great that BA have done it and done it properly.

But since mixed cricket is very rare, and non-existent at top levels, it not being included in the game is not really a surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread