Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Paul Saw

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So since patch 2 I can't play the game at all as it always crashes hopefully they fix it soon
Exact same with me. It's so annoying. I can't believe they stuffed it up. Nothing on how to fix it either. And another new patch will be days/weeks away. I can only play Tour matches. I can't play Casual matches at all.

Last edited:

dippa

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Something that bugs me a bit - when sprinting between the wickets, the batters don't put their bat down until it's already over the line. They also don't seem to dive until they're too close to the crease. I'm guessing a change was made to stop players from accidentally diving halfway down the pitch like you could in DBC14, but it means that they never dive or stretch out until it's too late.

Easily fixable, I'm sure, but bit of an annoyance when you're just going for singles/2's the majority of the time.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Im yet to see a cloud in this game. Maybe because I have random rain turned off in my casual matches. Not sure. Would atleast expect nice clouds to match the nice grass

I lost time in a First Class 4 day game, but it was still Sunny and did not see any rain falling ;( -- players walked off field... no rain visible anywhere

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Have put in a few hours into this so far, but every match played during the day is in bright sunshine, like DBC14.

Has anyone noticed any cloud cover and overcast conditions?

No. I played a odi which was interrupted by rain and reduced to 47 overs an innings. As the batsmen waled off it was still bright and sunny. IMO I don't really care about the clouds that much and maybe this could be fixed in the next version of the game as it's cosmetic in nature and doesn't affect the gameplay.

SaurabhSteel

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
One of the issues that they may look into and which I personally found a little off putting when Batting is the camera angle. The camera in the broadcast mode moves to the far behind angle the moment you play or miss a shot. This does not allow a full view of the shot or where the ball has actually gone. You only get it from the back angle and that ruins the fun as you can neither watch and admire a good connection nor you can decide if a run is possible. Even in live cricket coverage the camera remains stationary till the ball is stroked away or is collected by the keeper. This I feel maybe a minor tweak that they can work on in the next patch.

christy_lenin1

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can someone tell me what is Stamina all about in DBC 17 (I haven't played the game yet since I am a PC USER, but have seen people talk about stamina quite a bit)

one thing I have noticed, the bowler cannot bowl at the same speed after the stamina drops something around 25 kmph

Reactions: DAP

thevicky

Club Captain
Has anyone had a genuine bat-pad/silly point catch off a spinner?

i.e. A defensive push coming off the edge or edge/pad and to the fielder

The only game I can remember ever getting those on was EA Cricket 07

outbreak

Club Captain
stats still broken in my game. ive only made 1 100 but it shows 2 when i walk out to bat, the main menu stats part doesn't match my stats when i come out to bat either the main menu runs and average are below what my in career ones are. kinda lame i think stats are a big part of a career mode

pinku

Associate Captain
Set up via PSN & verify.

Lets me into game startinh at lvl 1 & 0 xp. But just wont let me into community

I could be wrong but i am pretty sure you have to go to settings and activate as primary ps4 account or something like that. It will then register as a main ps4 account along with your other login and will recognise your psn if that makes sense!

pinku

Associate Captain
I could be wrong but i am pretty sure you have to go to settings and activate as primary ps4 account or something like that. It will then register as a main ps4 account along with your other login and will recognise your psn if that makes sense!

Also make sure you have signed into your psn with the same account as on profile 1

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors

The beautiful square cut is there but it is played on good or full length :)

I don't think either of them look particularly good to be honest, but at least in the second one the batsman isn't backing away to a ball that is a foot outside off stump.

Se7rn

Club Cricketer
Morning guys. Off topic. Hopefully someone with both consoles can help.
Have a PS4 pro. I need to replace power cable. Do you know if Xbox one power cable will work? I don't have Xbox one but it's the only cable I can find buy which looks like a fit. Would love to continue playing dbc17..
I tried google without success.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Hi All

Second and final Quick Question for today .

When Bowling :

Whats the sequence of button presses , with regards to the R1/L1 Length modifiers . I cannot figure out when to press them , to keep pressing them or how exactly to make them work .

Please advise .

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Hi All

Second and final Quick Question for today .

When Bowling :

Whats the sequence of button presses , with regards to the R1/L1 Length modifiers . I cannot figure out when to press them , to keep pressing them or how exactly to make them work .

Please advise .

Just tap it once if you want the stock delivery a little fuller or shorter than it normally would be. Keeps the AI guessing! As you can see from this video they are batting so sensibly at the moment trying to build a lead against me !!

Users who are viewing this thread