Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Amazing to see so many so called experts here are missing the online fun.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but for the record; that's not at all what Blocker said. I've played him online quite a few times, I don't think anyone suggests the online portion of the game isn't great - it is. It's literally one of the best bits.

It's also not the solution to below-par AI.

grkrama

National Board President
Just re-quoting myself on this the convo with @chaman82 in Fearsome tweak hack page!

anyone saying online vs is realistic just doesn't understand it, all you will be able to play online is a rock paper scissor game.. set all fields backwards. bowl with spinner but with no spin alternating between fast and slow ones into the legs exact same balls that has been precision found to so that no good shots connect with it! with pace bowl on the wide line in of with a packed off field and no way to hit in leg! So basically even a t20 will go like who gets less frustrated and keeps his cool to keep playing those straight drives an square ones for 1's and 2s! then you repeat same to defend that paltry run a ball score using soemwhat similar tactics or sometimes realistic ones[ i have often found they falter badly to realistic cricket strategies as they spend more time with exploit game than cricket ]! you may win too but it will feel like your brain has been split in the middle by enduring torture for 1 hr! I really dont know how these people enjoy these .. but i think these are the people that make that screwed up leaderboard exist!

Even if somehow the person against you appears to be friend or decent fellow the logistics of time doesnt really allow for longer formats and at convenience, plus still it will be like 1 vs 1 cricket rather than 11 vs 11 which is available in offline and has been greatly enhanced with this hack to pretty realistic levels!

This is with regards to leagues,

What if.
There's max 5 on off including slips.

What if.
There's compulsory over limitation for bowler types so that theres variety.

What if.
No. Extreme Slow balls are allowed.

What if.
Only longer formats are played with similar minded Friends.

What if.
We use low to moderate skilled teams to balance out bat and ball. And no editing of skills are allowed.

What I am saying is no matter how good the Ai is...online will always win hands down..
Im loving this patch..but still online is more fun challenging .there's no comparison.

It seems u guys have not really truly experienced the online gaming potential.

If you enjoy it and it works for you then props to you.... but 5 what if filters that cant be enforced in game dont really help in an already narrow pool of dbc online players it feels like match making plus numerous ways they can go wrong, with all that still 'time', the ability to play when i need and what i need instead of looking for a dbc Date to play with and hope it works! I have played a few long format games and they dont work well even with like minded people, a t20 takes 1.30 mins to complete... now think of corresponding a 9 hour test match between two, by the time i finish one online it will be a week atleast , its far better to invest my time offline!

This is again simply, nobody is telling BA to ignore online or dissing online, its just not this "Great" solution that everybody claims for compensating AI!

Both online And Offline complement each other for DBC in their own ways, but neither is a solution for problems that either of them have individually!

The way online folks suggest is akin to me going to every thread were there is online issue like dc or lag and saying hey guys just play offline the issue would be resolved 'No lag'!

Last edited:

Neo 7

National Board President
India
Avengers
Will this Edition of DBC17 support keyboard ? :(
Can we play this on PC ?

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
I was merely trying to assist Dave , who has been complaining about the AI for 2 years now .

If he didnt play Offline exclusively , he could then actually enjoy the game and start hating all the Online issues .

There is definitely also alot wrong with online , but meticulous tinkering with Pro 20 rules (As thats basically the only format that "Fits" nicely with schedules ) and team composition restrictions has also resulted in our

online leagues to be much more enjoyable than the randomn opponents with the Tindoolka team bowling the "Magic" Balls with the 7/2 fields ad infinitum .

That online scenario that Grkrama explains is most surely a Mind Sapping affair , hence we try and outlaw most of it.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I was merely trying to assist Dave , who has been complaining about the AI for 2 years now .

If he didnt play Offline exclusively , he could then actually enjoy the game and start hating all the Online issues .

There is definitely also alot wrong with online , but meticulous tinkering with Pro 20 rules (As thats basically the only format that "Fits" nicely with schedules ) and team composition restrictions has also resulted in our

online leagues to be much more enjoyable than the randomn opponents with the Tindoolka team bowling the "Magic" Balls with the 7/2 fields ad infinitum .

That online scenario that Grkrama explains is most surely a Mind Sapping affair , hence we try and outlaw most of it.

I've played online. I'll take offline thanks.

I think the AI in the game was not as good as I'd hoped, sometimes frustratingly so, sometimes "I'm not playing this for a month" so.

Nevertheless I've got vast amounts of pleasure out of this game.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
You're not alone in that. I currently have no system that would play the game. Pennies are being saved as we speak.

Same here, if I have to play this game I am seeing this game costing me atleast $1100 assuming the game costs me 100 dollars and I am getting a 960M 4GB Nvidea with 1 TB, i7 processor & 16 GB ram for $979 from Lenevo

D

Dutch

If we are looking at systems: i recently got hold of a monster system with a watercooled 4.4 ghz i7 cpu, 16 gb of ram and a 550gb ssd.....am going to be upgrading the gpu to a 1080 or 1070 soon...suffice to say it plays the game!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
If we are looking at systems: i recently got hold of a monster system with a watercooled 4.4 ghz i7 cpu, 16 gb of ram and a 550gb ssd.....am going to be upgrading the gpu to a 1080 or 1070 soon...suffice to say it plays the game!

Would love to know where you got it from, how much etc. as am investigating all options for dbc17

D

Dutch

Would love to know where you got it from, how much etc. as am investigating all options for dbc17
I got this via via, thus second hand not via retail: this system is waaaaaay too heavy for DBC but I do quite a lot of music editing etc. If you can get a system with a GTX 1070 card you are laughing! Just come out and a brilliant gou for the money. But my system has a 4gb gtx 970 and that works a treat and a half....this system cost me 1200 euros

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
So @Dutch according to you (and just assumptions as no specs are out) and as Casey Powell 16 requires GTX 650, buying a GTX960 4gb a good option?

grkrama

National Board President
am investigating all options for dbc17

I would also suggest if looking to save cost and go second hand with proccy with 3rd or fourth gen , go for xeon e3-1230 + chips they are equivalent to i7 but available dirt cheap on ebay! plus 1070 looks to be the new value card, but some one looking at cutting cost can look into the new amd r9 480x launching in jun 29 for 200$ which is pretty good and Vr ready, and looks to be able to handle anything thrown at it! came to know this yesterday via @funnyadit, im looking to may be upgrade my 7790 for this!

grkrama

National Board President
Same here, if I have to play this game I am seeing this game costing me atleast $1100 assuming the game costs me 100 dollars and I am getting a 960M 4GB Nvidea with 1 TB, i7 processor & 16 GB ram for $979 from Lenevo

well atleast you are not in india now, here it should hit 130000rs or near 2000$ ...

Users who are viewing this thread