Don Bradman Cricket 17 - Suggestions

especially I'm trying to create a conservative top-order batsman

Second this. I don't like the bang-bang version. I'm more of a "settle in and score" type of player by nature. Not sure if I would enjoy going hammer and tongs, especially at the start of my career.

After playing the game for about a week i have come up with a mini list of things that need to be fixed.
  • Less contract offers. I got offered 8 contracts for the Big Bash and i think it is really unrealistic. I think we need to be offered 2 or 3, or even 1 if that is how good we are at club level. I think the contract offers were better in DBC 14 when we were limited to options, not given the choice of every league team because it is unrealistic and ruins the fun of selection.
  • Field placements. There are not many fields set in the game. Maybe up to 5 at most in career mode. This needs to be fixed. The field should always be changing depending on how good the batsmen is going.
  • Team Lineups. At the start of career mode when i went to play for Melbourne Stars, the lineup was messed up with the highest rated team possible, not the real team. Tom Triffit was keeping even though in the academy, Handscomb is set as the keeper. Then also, KP was captaining because he is the highest rated player, not Dave Hussey. This needs to be fixed for at least season 1 and 2 of career mode until people start to move clubs.
  • Player linking. A lot of people have already talked about this, example; 3 Mitch Starcs for Australia even though they are all linked. Needs to be fixed.
  • AI selection. I don't know whether this would be possible, but in the academy there should be a 'retired from international cricket' option. It is kind of annoying seeing Mitchell Johnson in the Australian squad because he is good enough for selection from Perth. I stopped my career once i saw this but i am sure other players like McCullum and Sangakarra got back into their national squads as well because they are some of the highest rated players for their respective nations.
  • Stats. No one knows why this happened but for some reason Big Ant removed the stats page. DBC 14 was really good where you could see your players stats from all the different forms he/she played. Now there is none of that besides the really basic stats bar when you walk out to bat (and for that the average part isn't even correct. The average is runs per game, not wicket on the bar). The stats page needs to be added back in.
  • Academy Equipment. We need to be able to edit our players gloves and helmets and pads etc. In DBC 14 we could edit the colours on the equipment but now all we can do is add logos. We should be able to edit the colours again to suit what we want to use.
Besides all that, the game is really good and i enjoy playing it. I will enjoy it more if all that could be fixed in patch 3.

I had an idea about the contracts, it should definately be less, base on your skills, a "poor" club will give you an offer in the beginning while a better club gives you offers in later years, also maybe 1 -3 clubs offer you different amounts etc..

I like the idea of limiting certain players to certain formats, example when setting up a player have 3 options....Retired from 1) ODI, 2) T20 3) Test... thereby limiting their selection to certain formats... -- maybe even more options International vs Domestic etc, but it should be in player setup (would of course mean setting up all the players again but would add to the realism ;)

After playing the game for about a week i have come up with a mini list of things that need to be fixed.
  • Less contract offers. I got offered 8 contracts for the Big Bash and i think it is really unrealistic. I think we need to be offered 2 or 3, or even 1 if that is how good we are at club level. I think the contract offers were better in DBC 14 when we were limited to options, not given the choice of every league team because it is unrealistic and ruins the fun of selection.
  • Field placements. There are not many fields set in the game. Maybe up to 5 at most in career mode. This needs to be fixed. The field should always be changing depending on how good the batsmen is going.
  • Team Lineups. At the start of career mode when i went to play for Melbourne Stars, the lineup was messed up with the highest rated team possible, not the real team. Tom Triffit was keeping even though in the academy, Handscomb is set as the keeper. Then also, KP was captaining because he is the highest rated player, not Dave Hussey. This needs to be fixed for at least season 1 and 2 of career mode until people start to move clubs.
  • Player linking. A lot of people have already talked about this, example; 3 Mitch Starcs for Australia even though they are all linked. Needs to be fixed.
  • AI selection. I don't know whether this would be possible, but in the academy there should be a 'retired from international cricket' option. It is kind of annoying seeing Mitchell Johnson in the Australian squad because he is good enough for selection from Perth. I stopped my career once i saw this but i am sure other players like McCullum and Sangakarra got back into their national squads as well because they are some of the highest rated players for their respective nations.
  • Stats. No one knows why this happened but for some reason Big Ant removed the stats page. DBC 14 was really good where you could see your players stats from all the different forms he/she played. Now there is none of that besides the really basic stats bar when you walk out to bat (and for that the average part isn't even correct. The average is runs per game, not wicket on the bar). The stats page needs to be added back in.
  • Academy Equipment. We need to be able to edit our players gloves and helmets and pads etc. In DBC 14 we could edit the colours on the equipment but now all we can do is add logos. We should be able to edit the colours again to suit what we want to use.
  • Stadium Creator. This could just be me but every time i try to edit a stadium i created, the game crashes. This needs to be fixed.
Besides all that, the game is really good and i enjoy playing it. I will enjoy it more if all that could be fixed in patch 3.

This is good guess you've summed it up for us, Thanks.

Would really love to see the club games not all 20 over games, would be great if they added an alternate such as the two full days variation or similar.

Would really love to see the club games not all 20 over games, would be great if they added an alternate such as the two full days variation or similar.
1 day and 2 day matches are the norm for club cricket usually with the odd t20 tournament thrown in so yeah I agree!

The theatre of the batsman walking out with their stats on screen is really great but when I played a T20 World Cup I played four games, every time the player walked out it just said their name. Would it be possible to at least show that tournament's stats?

And in a Test series, say you're a batsmen walking out to bat in the 2nd innings of the 3rd Test or just at a random point in the innings. On screen could it be like on telly sometime, at the bottom in the bar where your stats normally are, like this:

Adelaide Sydney Perth
26 & 98 10 & 4 22

Many thanks for all efforts on the game, so grateful that somebody's put together a really good cricket game.

Not important at all but would be really cool you you could implement.

Matador cup games would barely fill the bottom tier of the SCG, even for a final.

Much less for First Class games.

So it would be really cool if you could lower the maximum attendance for state games that aren't t20s. I do love how the crowd trickles in during play, a great touch, it just wouldn't fill up to a sellout every day.

Again, not important, cheers!

Is the feature I was talking about (batsman +/-'s and confidence) anywhere to be found?
I have to be honest I think they've taken it out? The D pad is used for the bowling menu except for up which brings up the sub menu for fielding and next bowlers and other fielding options. When batting see what comes up when you push up on the d pad.

I have to be honest I think they've taken it out? The D pad is used for the bowling menu except for up which brings up the sub menu for fielding and next bowlers and other fielding options. When batting see what comes up when you push up on the d pad.
yes up on d-pad when your player is facing, the confidence/stamin is in the score bar below the popup menu

yes up on d-pad when your player is facing, the confidence/stamin is in the score bar below the popup menu
You are correct it is there must have missed it or not been looking tried this myself just now. It does work.

I would really appreciate it if in the next patch that crouching cut shot could be removed and replaced. At the moment that shot is always stopped by a fielder in gully, which is extremely frustrating when trying to score runs through that region. I would like that shot to be replaced with an improved cut shot played more standing up and with a bit of a lean back. Hopefully this new cut shot results in the ball being played finer, allowing runs to be scored in that area again.

I would really appreciate it if in the next patch that crouching cut shot could be removed and replaced. At the moment that shot is always stopped by a fielder in gully, which is extremely frustrating when trying to score runs through that region. I would like that shot to be replaced with an improved cut shot played more standing up and with a bit of a lean back. Hopefully this new cut shot results in the ball being played finer, allowing runs to be scored in that area again.

What would help is if the shots go in the direction right stick points and not in one or two pre-determined directions.

What would help is if the shots go in the direction right stick points and not in one or two pre-determined directions.
That would help as well. The crouching cut shot (which the animation for needs to be removed) is what has annoyed me most though and my previous post has offered BigAnt a solution.

One thing I found in career mode as Max2002 was saying before was that each club always picks the highest rated players. This is regardless of whether they are playing internationals at the same time and it means that players such as kurtis patterson don't get games at shield level.

Another thing I noticed is that high rated players get signed to pretty much every league and t20 competition. For example the David Warner in my game is playing PSL, NZ domestic, County, bbl, ipl, international, t20 slam and more even though the david warner in real life doesn't play t20 domestic leagues apart from the ipl. It's cool having in-game transfers and the like but I think players should generally stick to the league's (swapping between teams at most) that they are already playing in throughout the career mode. Maybe a suggestion would be a limit on the amount of domestic leagues players can play in? This could vary on player to players as someone like Chris Gayle would player 5 or so t20 comps throughout the year, while David warner would only play 1.

Loyalty: I think loyalty would be a really cool feature to have in career mode. This would ensure players like Luke Wright (who has played for the Melbourne Stars 6 BBL's straight) don't get traded off to another club in their first season and players like Chris Gayle (who regularly swaps between clubs) do get involved with transfers. In these cases Luke Wright's loyalty would be high and Chris Gayle's low and this would vary from player to player. International loyalty would also be a nice addition since many West Indian players choose T20's over International Test Matches and an opposite case again highlighting David Warner as he generally sticks away from international domestic comps to focus on playing for Australia. International loyalty could also be used to solve the retired internationals problem.

I know Big Ant Studios have a lot on their plate right now so don't think this is completely urgent, but once you are done focussing on bug problems and the like it would be good to see these things fixed and features added in future patches.

Users who are viewing this thread