Don Bradman Cricket 17 - Suggestions

I really hope the crowd atmosphere can be improved. Sometimes when a boundary is hit you hardly hear the crowd until the balls over the line. it can feel very empty especially when the ball trickles to the rope. In DBC 14 the crowd were a lot more active when good shots where played.

Even after selecting the 'Get Best' option for the IPL teams the names of the Indian players in the teams are still wrong. Does anyone know why this is or how to fix it?

For career mode I would love to see the ability to edit our players kit bag. Even on Ricky Ponting's Cricket 2006 you had the option to change your created players bats. Also I've found that when I 'get best' for the Big Bash Comp I get the real uniforms and players however their logo stays the same as the default created T20 squads. Do you know what I might be doing wrong? I'm really loving the game @BigAntStudios and would love to see these suggestions implemented.

For career mode I would love to see the ability to edit our players kit bag. Even on Ricky Ponting's Cricket 2006 you had the option to change your created players bats. Also I've found that when I 'get best' for the Big Bash Comp I get the real uniforms and players however their logo stays the same as the default created T20 squads. Do you know what I might be doing wrong? I'm really loving the game @BigAntStudios and would love to see these suggestions implemented.

I agree be able to change bats for different formats of the game (Logos have been taken away as they were causing problems).

BIG ANT please remove the animation of the bowler changing its bowling mark when we try to bowl from a bit wider or closer to stumps
It gives us a cue when batting or to the AI when bowling that the following delivery will be bowled a bit wider or closer even before the bowler starts his run up.
Even realistically too bowlers dont change their bowling mark by shifting to either one step right or left they do it during their run up which used to happen just like in DBC14.
Bowling a bit wider or closer to the stumps comes in handy only when it has a surprise element to it.
If we know before hand when the bowler has not even started his run up then this type of variation loses its surprise element and can make batting and bowling from a user perspective a little less enjoyable.
Please let us know if you can change it or not in the coming updates.

Agreed! I don't understand why this feature was removed.

I have to agree there were other things that could be done on the D pad such as settings quick fields.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or the ps4 touchpad. I cannot believe they haven't utilised this for quick fields or anything really

I am on PS4 and created a load of players for DBC 14, downloaded them all to 17 and everything is fine playing at my own home, but when I take the PS4 up to my uncles, (who doesn't have internet), all the names come back as censored! I realize why this is, but please, please at least let me go back into the names and overtype them to the correct ones, when you try it nothing happens, its just impossible to overtype the word censored in the identity field.

After playing the game for about a week i have come up with a mini list of things that need to be fixed.
  • Less contract offers. I got offered 8 contracts for the Big Bash and i think it is really unrealistic. I think we need to be offered 2 or 3, or even 1 if that is how good we are at club level. I think the contract offers were better in DBC 14 when we were limited to options, not given the choice of every league team because it is unrealistic and ruins the fun of selection.
  • Field placements. There are not many fields set in the game. Maybe up to 5 at most in career mode. This needs to be fixed. The field should always be changing depending on how good the batsmen is going.
  • Team Lineups. At the start of career mode when i went to play for Melbourne Stars, the lineup was messed up with the highest rated team possible, not the real team. Tom Triffit was keeping even though in the academy, Handscomb is set as the keeper. Then also, KP was captaining because he is the highest rated player, not Dave Hussey. This needs to be fixed for at least season 1 and 2 of career mode until people start to move clubs.
  • Player linking. A lot of people have already talked about this, example; 3 Mitch Starcs for Australia even though they are all linked. Needs to be fixed.
  • AI selection. I don't know whether this would be possible, but in the academy there should be a 'retired from international cricket' option. It is kind of annoying seeing Mitchell Johnson in the Australian squad because he is good enough for selection from Perth. I stopped my career once i saw this but i am sure other players like McCullum and Sangakarra got back into their national squads as well because they are some of the highest rated players for their respective nations.
  • Stats. No one knows why this happened but for some reason Big Ant removed the stats page. DBC 14 was really good where you could see your players stats from all the different forms he/she played. Now there is none of that besides the really basic stats bar when you walk out to bat (and for that the average part isn't even correct. The average is runs per game, not wicket on the bar). The stats page needs to be added back in.
  • Academy Equipment. We need to be able to edit our players gloves and helmets and pads etc. In DBC 14 we could edit the colours on the equipment but now all we can do is add logos. We should be able to edit the colours again to suit what we want to use.
  • Stadium Creator. This could just be me but every time i try to edit a stadium i created, the game crashes. This needs to be fixed.
  • Starting Career Mode. I tied to star a male career mode and the game would keep crashing every time i went on it. So i tried to start a star career mode and i couldn't simulate past October the 5th. This is the number 1 things that needs to be fixed because without career mode, i don't see a point in playing the game.
  • Crashing. I can't start a new career mode without the game crashing during simulation within the first in-game week of career mode. This is the most important thing on the list.
  • Keeping. I've noticed that every time a keeper throws the ball at the stumps, it will hit. Always. I have never ran a bye to the keeper because the keeper get a direct hit, no matter how far back or forward he is.
Besides all that, the game is really good and i enjoy playing it. I will enjoy it more if all that could be fixed in patch 3.

Last edited:
I like the idea of club cricket to begin, and I understand that T20's are the quickest way to get through this phase of your career. But I don't particularly enjoy playing tonnes of T20's, especially I'm trying to create a conservative top-order batsman. It would good if there was the option before beginning your career to chose between playing T20's at club level, or a more traditional 2 day, 80 overs per side match that most club sides play.

Users who are viewing this thread