Don Bradman Cricket 17 - Suggestions

Kind request to Big Ant & MattW

Kindly enable all the camera modes in the Training modes (nets & ground)

Since absence of them has made the practice mode redundant for broadcast camera users..

Apply forward dive animation from bowler backing up to general fielding
There's a forward dive animation in the game however I have only seen the bowler using it when backing up behind the stumps for a stray throw. The bowler would dive/ lunge from behind the stumps towards to ball sliding across the turf and collecting the ball with a fully stretched arm. The animation is very similar or it might be the same one the keeper uses when u bowl a wide off the pitch. It would great if this animation could be used as a dive animation in the outfield. Maybe the dive could applied to L1 and a tap back dive to R1 so we got all the options. The legs first slide in the outfield is sometimes used by the bowler backing up behind the stumps too, so maybe it wont be hard to implement the forward dive into the outfield?

This forward dive animation was there in the first builds of the game , but dissapeared around Patch 2 I think ?

Would be great if they can get it back in there.

This forward dive animation was there in the first builds of the game , but dissapeared around Patch 2 I think ?

Would be great if they can get it back in there.

Yeah. I feel there are too many easy boundaries because of its exclusion. The absence of a forward dive is particularly felt when you play advancing aggressive ground shots against spin, the fielders aren't equip to stop the shot. You get it either side of the fielder its 4 and on the boundary its almost impossible to stop with a legs first slide.

Two things I thought of, firstly when bowling how about being able to press something - R3 maybe ? - to get a close up view of the ball ? Pretty much purely cosmetic but seeing condition would be nice.

Also I'm thinking it'd be handy to have a simplified player creator to create obscure / historical players where only basic info is known. You'd choose batsman / all-rounder etc and add LHB / RHB - basics - but then you could choose a level of player like amateur / county / test and have the game randomly generate skills. Maybe even an option to enter players actual averages and generate random skills based on that. So a test player with a high average would come out with a higher overall rating than one with a low average. You'd still be free to edit appearance. Basically I'd like to create, for example, Chris Tavare as a test quality batsman with just a few clicks and then quickly edit appearance to stick a moustache on him ! Oh, maybe have option to choose aggressive / slow scorer etc too.

@MattW I have noticed on the in ground scoreboards that theyhave the scores of the game on them but they are very very small any chance the devs make the figures larger thanks

Just a suggestion... If possible include it in patch 4 or 5 or DBC 18 where ever possible.

In career mode by default consider the lineup assigned to the teams for the formats in under academy my team section like DBC 14 for the first time...after that as on the matches gets progress you decide dynamically based on form , injury etc factor .

But first time take the lineups assigned under academy ---my teams. If nothing or null assigned then you derive your logic to select playing xi. Thanks hope my suggestion will help.

Is it Possible We could get selected at the Age 19 in International and Break the Record of Legends

We start career almost late 18 , There should be Start competition for in Under 19 cricket , under 19 World cup , Every Stage There would be Pop up You Break which Legend's Record .
Every time Commentary has been less focused , It should be more knowledgeable , As Commentator tell yours History records , You will break record if some more runs or wicket taken , Many many and many more ...
wonder Next Iteration .... would be full action packed with Base of DBC17 ...

As your career progresses, the new county players that have come through the leagues don't have their names on their county shirts. It'd be great if all players could have names on their shirts. Would have thought the names could 'easily' be automatically applied to the new player's shirts. Many thanks.

Can we have dangerous bouncers, destructive yorkers, full tosses and high full tosses with no ball?

I suggest :
- Celebrations from the pavilion after a 50, 100,... or wicket in the animations (teammates and staff applaud, celebrate etc) or reactions of the pavilion after a wicket or umpire decision or during the last over (anger, disagreement, nail biting...)
- More shot styles (AB, Afridi,...)
- More shots selections
- More bowling styles (Malinga, Sohail Tanvir, Bumrah, Ashwin...)
- More bowling selections (dangerous bouncers, destructive yorkers, full tosses and high full tosses with no ball)
- Injuries (add a little bit of injuries)
- Integration of Frostbite Engine (or a similar engine) for a better public and supporters it can become very very realistic with that
- Integration of Frostbite Engine (or a similar engine) for the weather it can become very very realistic with that
- More animations with the interactions between bowler and batsman, bowler and umpire, batsman and umpire, between fielders, between captain and his fielders etc there's a lot of possibilities

Thank you BA ! :D

Last edited:
Can we have dangerous bouncers, destructive yorkers, full tosses and high full tosses with no ball?

I suggest :
- Celebrations from the pavilion after a 50, 100,... or wicket in the animations (teammates and staff applaud, celebrate etc) or reactions of the pavilion after a wicket or umpire decision or during the last over (anger, disagreement, nail biting...)
- More shot styles (AB, Afridi,...)
- More shots selections
- More bowling styles (Malinga, Sohail Tanvir, Bumrah, Ashwin...)
- More bowling selections (dangerous bouncers, destructive yorkers, full tosses and high full tosses with no ball)
- Injuries (add a little bit of injuries)
- Integration of Frostbite Engine (or a similar engine) for a better public and supporters it can become very very realistic with that
- Integration of Frostbite Engine (or a similar engine) for the weather it can become very very realistic with that
- More animations with the interactions between bowler and batsman, bowler and umpire, batsman and umpire, between fielders, between captain and his fielders etc there's a lot of possibilities

Thank you BA ! :D
Good suggestions but BA will never listen .
They consider only few repetitive and silly things.I don't want to blame.BA is great to have developed a fantastic game for all of us.

Good suggestions but BA will never listen .
They consider only few repetitive and silly things.I don't want to blame.BA is great to have developed a fantastic game for all of us.
I believe in BA, in their beginning Fifa and other sports games were repetitive and silly too...
BA is the only one which can provide us a playable and good cricket game (with few iterations) I believe they can make DB more realistic but they need experience, time and money then they can invest properly in a good graphic engine and maybe in licences with all the boards or ICC to use sensors on the best players to make the movements, the heads, the bodies,... more realistic :)

I hope they'd impress us in the next iteration :)

I believe in BA, in their beginning Fifa and other sports games were repetitive and silly too...
BA is the only one which can provide us a playable and good cricket game (with few iterations) I believe they can make DB more realistic but they need experience, time and money then they can invest properly in a good graphic engine and maybe in licences with all the boards or ICC to use sensors on the best players to make the movements, the heads, the bodies,... more realistic :)

I hope they'd impress us in the next iteration :)
Sorry for my English. I mean repetitive and silly bugs like stats and player mentalities etc.

Some important points below

1 - When press for Fast running for batsman their should be stamina loss by 1 for every press .
2 - Every Diving should stamina loss by 1 .

So same as in real Player does not runs fast every time takes runs ,

For low Stamina Player should not runs fast , runs as normal even you press the key .

3 - Include injuries to Player

Hope DBC17 or future release look into this.

Rather than having to download players then go to teams and add them, couldn't there be an option when selecting the player to apply them to the team, one that doesn't require clicking back through a few screens?

I reached 1000 first class runs in career mode but commentator didn't mention it. It did this on DBC14 even if it wasn't career mode but obviously it's not saving stats from casual games. It mentions when somebody takes their first wicket. You'd think in career mode it would say like it used to that: "That's now 1000 runs in this form of the game for this batsman" or whatever it said in DBC14.

Users who are viewing this thread