Don Bradman Cricket PS4/Xbox One version discussion

Are you going to get the game for PS4/Xbox One?

• Yes - on PS4

Votes: 97 55.1%
  • Yes - on Xbox One

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Yes - on both

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 29.0%

• Total voters

warpfactor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The Xbox One version is still at the cheaper price though. Interesting.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
In general I recognize that Big Ant do a huge amount to promote their work and Tru Blu are okay at times at promotion. I'm not having a dig with the following, just would like to know more.

The only thing I'm having trouble understanding about the release for PS4/Xbox One is that there doesn't seem to be much in the way of information about why those of us who own the game on PS3/Xbox 360 should buy these newer editions.

I'm not expecting a lot of information or improvements, but for example, people who bought Tomb Raider : Definitive Edition when released on PS4/Xbox One had plenty of information to go on. The essentially got exactly the same game, just graphically enhanced, but it was still well promoted. We could argue profile and budget, but I'm not sure this is applicable in this instance.

People could say "Well in this thread here, this was said", "in this other thread on page 47 this was said". That's not what I mean. The usual bullet points and laying out of the minor changes etc, would be good. As an owner of the PS3 version, I'd just like to know what I might be parting with NZ$119 for.

I've heard it's graphics running smoother and more like PC (but nothing about resolution and fps). I've heard it's got PS Vita remote play (which is cool as I do own one). I've heard it doesn't actually have the prospective "Patch 3" in it yet. I haven't heard a lot more than that though and nothing at all in an official release.

It could be that something is coming out soon and I've just pre-empted it, but haven't seen anything official yet.

BabuGenu

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@C A Iversen I think this game is for People having only PS4. People who have migrated from PS3 to PS4 do not have option of any cricket game. Even Playstation Now service is not offering DBC14 yet. There are people having both PS3 and PS4, for them this might be a question to why buy PS4 version, but people like me who are having only PS4, are eagerly waiting for a good cricket game. In fact i tweeted, messaged Big Ant, to release just port version without any graphics enhancement to PS4, and i will buy it.
There are some games in which you need awesome graphics and awesome gameplay. But Gameplay is the deciding factor in most cases, atleast in sports. Awesome graphics are anytime welcomed, but not necessary in first iteration (PS4 is a new platform). I am allowing this leeway only and only because of the gameplay. If it would have been with little less interesting gameplay, i would have demanded more eye candy.
But i am sure, next version of DBC will be more focused towards PS4 system. Meanwhile, i want to play cricket, and i have PS4, so i will buy PS4 DBC, and others will too.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
I would have thought that this gives a fairly good indication...

Preview: Don Bradman Cricket for PS4 – PlanetCricket

Thanks Snowy. Had I seen that, or been into that part of the forum (I've favourited straight to the forums) I definitely would have read it.

For those who don't come to Planet Cricket, it'd be nice to have similar information and specs, perhaps as an officially released piece on Facebook, Big Ant Forums etc.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The marketing of this game has not been as good as it could have been, I am hoping that this will change this next week as we get closer to launch.

I can confirm that GAME, ASDA, Grainger Games and Amazon all have stock right now.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
The marketing of this game has not been as good as it could have been, I am hoping that this will change this next week as we get closer to launch.

I can confirm that GAME, ASDA, Grainger Games and Amazon all have stock right now.

Awesome, so there might some people getting their hands on it sooner than the 12th then. I'm hoping it's somehow early in NZ, but that doesn't tend to happen.

Glad to hear that the game may get some more push and information in release week, can't wait for it myself. Playing a tourney with some mates on PS3 right now.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Grainger Games selling for £40 here! No listing on Game as of yet. I'd expect £45-50 for it on there...

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

I went into game again to day after seeing your post but still got same answer 'Don't know how many they are getting so i can't pre order it but if one comes to the store they will let me know.' Which seems very strange even for a niche game less than a week from launch :/

Ishaan k

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ross can I buy the game on the north american sony store?

RedskinsUK

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Thanks Ross

My order from Amazon only costing me £16 as i got a £40 voucher for Xmas.:ar::cheers:clap

nicksy111

School Cricketer
I have been in email correspondence with GAME over the past couple of days, and they are still insisting that they have not got any available for pre-order (this is after me telling them that I know they definitely have it in stock after reading it on here)

I'm just glad I bought it from FunBox Media before they increased their price!

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I will get a message to the distributors that Game are saying they don't have it.

I do not understand the fluctuation in price upwards and will look into it.

@RedskinsUK if people are getting it cheaper then I would hope that the final price paid is the lowest one, hopefully there is price matching (regardless of the fact that you are using a certificate).

I really appreciate the feedback about the UK release as it will help us make sure it's a better process next time around.

Users who are viewing this thread