Dont Expect Miracle - Yousuf

MUFC1987 to your post, listen I understand what your getting at but honestly that doesn't work for the Pakistan players. They think there captain doesn't believe in his team and well by doing that he is putting them down too much. I mean come on you honestly think when your 6 wickets down that Pakistan have any chance of winning. But by saying we are going to lose means this team will play BETTER.

I'm just saying that players are at their best when they're relaxed. I don't think Yousuf thought there was much chance of them saving the match, but by taking the pressure off, it could inspire some good performances. On the whole, confidence must be at an all time low in that team, so there's no point in trying to build them up and stick some more pressure on them.

Afridi needs to come in though. Yousuf and Khan are just not Captain material. They're the best two batsmen and should be left to that job. Afridi is as good batting as Malik and Misbah, so I don't get why he's not in the team at 6 to be honest.

Last edited:
I'm just saying that players are at their best when they're relaxed. I don't think Yousuf thought there was much chance of them saving the match, but by taking the pressure off, it could inspire some good performances. On the whole, confidence must be at an all time low in that team, so there's no point in trying to build them up and stick some more pressure on them.

Yes. I understand what you're saying but there will pressure on these guys nevertheless. By saying we are going to LOSE it just makes these guys feel like they not only failed their team but they failed the Nation. Like a guy like Mohammed Aamer who is 17 dropped a catch that was extremely crucial to the match. By saying that were going to lose makes him feel like he lost the match.

Trust me on this one the Pakistan team's confidence not only in this Day 5 but most likely for the rest of the series will go down the toilet because of that statement by Yousuf.

Correct me if I am wrong but these guys hardly look like inexperienced at international level to me:

Salaman Butt
Imran Farhat
Faisal Iqbal
Mo Yo
Misbah
Shoaib Malik
Kamran Akmal
Umar Gul
Mohd Asif
Mohd Sami

Where does inexperience talk come from Mr. Yousuf?
In fact the inexperienced guys (Umar Akmal and Aamer) are outperforming experienced ones.

But he sholud also concentrate on his own prefomence i was expecting him to lead from thefront but he failed to perform during the whole series

But he sholud also concentrate on his own prefomence i was expecting him to lead from thefront but he failed to perform during the whole series
Bro, do you know your national team is Pakitan?

Forgetting an s or......

Yousuf has failed in NZ and Australia, he should take some responsibility

yousaf of all should believe in miracles. Its a miracle that he was made the captain of this team when every one knew except for that fat old potato (IJAZ Butt) that he sucks big time under pressure :doh

Yousuf is the MAJOR reason why Pakistan lost, they could still have won as PCB cannot control what happens in the field.

Yousuf is the MAJOR reason why Pakistan lost, they could still have won as PCB cannot control what happens in the field.

Yousaf is and was never a good captain at all and that's everybody in PCB and Pakistan know pretty well.We can't expect much from him because if you brought a new captain just before Aussie tour which is always worst for us and Yousaf must had some VC responsibilities before this big post.He is not even captain of any domestic team I guess.

I dont enjoy watching Pakistan play anymore....I mean im not really in the loop with their team and so on but I miss the days of Azhar Mahood, Abdul Razzak...the current Pakistan side strikes me as a 2nd XI side actually. No disrespect, I just miss the good old days when things were less chaotic and they had some proper great players who are good to watch.

yousuf as captain is one of the worst things to happen to Pakistan in recent times.... and that is saying a lot.... he is just not captaincy material.... I have a lot of respect for him as a player specially because of his humble beginning, but 170 million hopes are riding on his calls..... and his press releases really shows the thinking behind his captaincy.... even Shoaib Malik was better than him..... Afridi needs to be the ODI captain.... I feel he would at least invoke some fear in his team mates like Imran or Wasim used to do.

I think Afridi needs to step up for his country. He could easily play in place of Danish Kaneria/Ajmal and would still be a better spinner. His batting would just be a late order bonus/fail and his captaincy could be just what the rest of the team needs.

Anyone who listens to Boycott knows his views on what it takes to lead Pakistan. You need someone who is a very resilient and strong character who is immune to all the political bullshit around him, ie Imran Khan.

Afridi is the only one who even remotely has that Imran Khan "cornered tiger" spirit about him. He seems passionate for the game, whereas most of the Pakistanis look sad or confused on the field.

Step up for your team Afridi and play Test cricket again.

Afridi's willing to play Tests and is open to captaining. It's up to selectors to give him the chance.

Anyone can see that Afridi actually thinks about the game, he'd be a good captain in the style of Warne, really pulling a team together and attacking wherever he can. Yousuf is so defensive.

Users who are viewing this thread