EA Sports Rugby 2006

You will have to register at therugbyforum. Then you can see the EA SPORTS Rugby series thread. My opinion so far is that it's much better than Rugby 2005. The AI is much better now and much more realistic. The graphics is an improvement but not a massive improvement. Anyone else tried to do some editing to this game?? Basically the same file formats as Cricket 2005.

I really love Rugby 2006. Two factors that I reckon Cricket games can learn from here, is the outstanding commentary(considering its not one of the popular EA titles) & the atmosphere generated while playing is also fantastic. Just won the Super 14 with the Stormers!! a bit unrealistic in that regard but alot of fun!

Finally got the game. After winning the Super 14 on my first go on club I've moved over to the World Cup on Pro.
Club level is far too easy. Once you break into the gap there is no stopping Mark Gerrard crossing over the try line with a quick side step to beat the fullback.

Pro mode is alot harder to step pass, less turn overs and quite a lot of dropped balls by my star players :(

Gameplay is good, lovin the quick lineout and penalty. One problem I noticed was at scrum time. Some reason whenever I wheel 90 degrees the cpu still gets the put in yet when I get wheeled it goes the other way. This also leads to the cpu scrum screwing the 90 and being reset over and over and over until I give the comp a quick tap. Typical EA! :mad :rolleyes:

Apart from that bug it's quite good graphics are top notch and I've still go my favourite World League to play.

Seriously, once you start to smash Pro, you'll be able to beat Elite in no time. There are 3 or 4 annoying buys that I've noticed in the game. I also hate how the AI almost converts everytime and when they do miss, it is from ridiculously easy places.

Currently I'm on my 2nd year of WL with the Reds and have over 1.1 million to spend. They need more difficulties.

By a weeks time, Elite level will very be much a piece of cake. I occassionaly still play this game but to make things more challenging, I use Japan or some other minnow team and make them achieve world cup glory :D

I haven't played on this game recently, but enjoyed it very much at the time. I got so sad that I actually designed my own international league and ranking system.

I'm struggling on Pro level against those ABs. They keep turning over possession and my defence is a shoody as the minnows.

At first, I thought Pro was rigged. But I try to focus more on kicking into gaps and breaking through which most times will make a turnover (if you get caught on the break).

Thats definitely what I think. I'm so pissed that the comp keeps getting turn overs when I have a man standing right over the top of the ball. And in World League my guys just keep knocking on the simpliest of passes and the only button I pushed was to pass to him.

Also is it just my comp or do you have to let go of space (sprint) when you do a side step. In practice I can hold sprint and do a sidestep. Can't remember what I was doing on the desktop but since I switched to my laptop can't seem to do it unless I release space.

I'm not quite sure as I play with a gamepad. Also my World Team also kept knocking on consistently in the premature stages but as the team plays more matches they stopped the knack of consistently dropping the ball. I guess that's the challenge of managing a team of no names. Very much the same with my Japan team in the WC, Ohata who is the fastest in the game I think about a quater of the time he would knock on and it is especially annoying when you are close to the try line.

I play with a controller too :D Should get one especially if you like playing sport games on PC (e.g. myself :D).

I try to shuffle the line-up around and when I buy new players, I look carefully at what stats are most important for them which does take me a while but it pays off with my ownage in the game :D

I'm use to the keyboard now. Right now I'm just checking on the players handling. I badly need to get rid of Hefler his handling has cost me games.
Anyone brought Farell? Dam he is well worth his value, plays in the forward and backline and is a dam good kicker, with 96 handling and speed to match. A dream buy for my Reds.

aussie1st said:
Anyone brought Farell? Dam he is well worth his value, plays in the forward and backline and is a dam good kicker, with 96 handling and speed to match. A dream buy for my Reds.

I'd love to know how HB got a rating for him considering he didn't play at all for Saracens last season. :D I know he played league but come on, it's a completely different game!

Users who are viewing this thread