Tutorial Editing Roster File - UPDATE - edit default fields (sort of)

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ok - will look at it tonight UK time - i.e about 7 hours time

Will post it up back here

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Zimrahil does this roster have the new squads from the World Cup?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Cannot say 100% from World Cup but at the time I was changing, especially the associate team lineups, based on world cup squads

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
thanks for that, i am going to use your sample roster from now on to play IC2010 what significant changes have you seen from game play by tweaking the stats? I know you said that AI will give a more competitive match in T20/ODI's but what about test matches?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Here's the link: PS3 see what you can do with it!
Looks as though you need to know how to rehash and resign save file ala 360 version, but no one appears to know how to do this so don't think its possible :noway. I am asking someone about it but not looking good

thanks for that, i am going to use your sample roster from now on to play IC2010 what significant changes have you seen from game play by tweaking the stats? I know you said that AI will give a more competitive match in T20/ODI's but what about test matches?

Yep all forms of the game are improved. Bear in mind I bowl with No HUD which makes taking wickets harder, so if you play with HUD on you might find it easier to bowl teams out.

I also only play with England so their stats are reduced in some instances, all other teams (except Aus in this release) have stats increased for batting and bowling. So if you play with Pakistan for example and find it too easy their team needs the stats reducing etc

I have lowered reflex catching stats for all WK's as I found this too common form of dismissal so they (AI) drop some now plus its harder for you to take catches with them also

Just give it a go and see what you think - its very subjective as my skill level will be different to yours and what I find enjoyable you may not and vice versa

As long as you use USB drive only and keep your current settings on hard drive you will be fine :thumbs

timchrist984

Club Captain
Ok, thanks for giving the ps3 version a go. If you find out more about can you please let me know? Also, can you please tell me the exact changes you made to the stats so I can edit them manually and upload a similar file to yours but for ps3?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
I have made quite a few changes to stats - might take me a while to write up and explain properly - will try and put something together by the weekend!

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
well it's the only non management game worth playing imo so it's this or nowt

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
No worries - will try and post something up over the weekend!

D

Dutch

Do you think that the stat changing also applies to Ashes 09? I don't have my PS3 at the mo so am confined to Ashes 09 on my laptop. They both seem very familiar to me in terms of game play so I will be interested to see what and why you have changed things. Cheers for your good work. Your bowling patch for CO7 is still well remembered!!

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Do you think that the stat changing also applies to Ashes 09? I don't have my PS3 at the mo so am confined to Ashes 09 on my laptop. They both seem very familiar to me in terms of game play so I will be interested to see what and why you have changed things. Cheers for your good work. Your bowling patch for CO7 is still well remembered!!

I never played AC09 so honestly don't know - worth a try on one team to see I guess

Update on IC10. I meant to mention in update that I also changed the following

All custom players now have squad numbers, so no more '00'

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
This is a guide for timchrist984 and any other user who might be interested to see what stats I changed in IC10 and why. These changes took me months to complete so I strongly advise you change the stats of one complete squad only and test out the results and keep tweaking stats for that squad until you get a competitive game of cricket playing against them before changing all other squads (Except Eng and Aus for PS3 users)

Batting
Most important stats are
? Judgement
? Timing

Average importance are
? Strength
? Placement

Practically unimportant stats are
? Running speed

Judgement and Timing Stats

For players role set as
? Batsman = 85
? Allrounder = 85
? Bowler = 80

For star batsman = 90

These are easily the most important stats in IC10 for batting. With poor judgement and/or timing AI simply gives too many chances resulting in low totals

For these stats I would +/- 2 points as required

Placement Stats

For players role set as
? Batsman = 65
? Allrounder = 40
? Bowler = 20

This stat doesn?t appear to have much influence really but better to give the recognised batsmen more chance of finding the gaps. Now that timing and judgement is improved better to lower these stats else AI score too much too quickly. Can really set these stats as desired

For these stats I would +/- 20 points as required

Strength Stats

For players role set as
? Batsman = 50-55
? Allrounder = 50-55
? Bowler = 05

For big hitters = 55-60

This stat if over 55 makes it really easy for AI/human to hit 6?s and 4?s. For bowlers I have set stat to 05 as I am artificially trying to make it harder for them to score runs. Don?t worry when AI plays a 6 hit for a bowler then can still hit boundaries but in generally they score more slowly and with increased timing/judgement values they provide stiffer resistance especially in ODI/tests

Running Speed Stats

For players role set as
? Batsman = whatever
? Allrounder = whatever
? Bowler = as low as possible

Again for bowlers I have set stat as low as possible as I am artificially trying to make it harder for them to score runs.

Test playing teams
Should be very easy to get judgement and timing stats as explained above.

Associate Teams
Stats to sacrifice to get correct judgement and timing values are
1. Running speed
2. placement
3. strength

Sacrifice all 3 if necessary (i.e. 05 for all 3) to get correct timing and judgment values

Bowling

Accuracy

For Bowler type set as

? Spinner = 90-100
? Non Spinner = 90-100

By setting accuracy very high this (in theory at least) makes batting against CPU more difficult as less bad balls to face

In swing

For Bowler type set as

? Right arm off Spinner = 90-100
? Left arm off Spinner = whatever
? Non Spinner = whatever

I find it very annoying that right arm off spinner bowls outside leg stump to left handed batsman and well outside off stump to RHB. So to counter this, maximum in swing/drift pitches ball more onto the stumps and bit more of a challenge to bat against

Out swing

For Bowler type set as

? Right arm off Spinner = whatever
? Left arm off Spinner = 90 -100
? Leg spinner = 90-100
? Non Spinner = whatever

I find it very annoying that left arm off spinner bowls outside off stump to left handed batsman and well outside leg stump to RHB. So to counter this, maximum out swing/drift pitches ball more onto the stumps and bit more of a challenge to bat against

Leg spinners always bowl outside leg stump to RHB and outside off stump to RHB to against this attempts to make them bowl more at stumps

Pace

For Bowler type set as

? Spinner = 40-100
? Non Spinner = whatever

Best to vary the pace of spinners to again make them more of a challenge to bat against. Higher the value = lower the pace of ball bowled

Spin/Cut

For Bowler type set as

? Right arm off Spinner = 05-70
? Left arm off Spinner = 05 -70
? Leg Spinner = 05-15
? Non Spinner = whatever

Off spinners tend to bowl better lines than leg spinners in IC10. So varying the amount of spin the individual bowlers can bowl is good to make timing of them harder

Leg spinners always bowl outside leg stump to right handed batsman and outside off stump to LHB because they are always trying to bowl a leg break that hits the stumps. By reducing the amount of turn they get they automatically bowl a more straighter line (though can still turn in quite a bit) but it at least varies the shots to play against them

Spinners
Always try where possible to get a Spinners overall bowling rating 75 or above. This means when they start bowling they have full repertoire of bowling deliveries available.

So for Leg spinners they can bowl wrong un?s flippers etc. This automatically makes they change their bowling lines and pace of delivery making it more interesting to bat against.
A leg spinner with a rating under 75 generally only bowls leg breaks and arm balls meaning all deliveries outside leg stump etc

Most important stats for spinners are

Right hand off spinners
1. Accuracy
2. Spin
3. In swing/drift
4. Pace
5. Out swing/drift

Left hand off spinners
1. Accuracy
2. Spin
3. Out swing/drift
4. Pace
5. In swing/drift

Leg spinners
1. Spin
2. Accuracy
3. Out swing/drift
4. Pace
5. In swing/drift

Test playing teams
Should be very easy to get stats as explained above.

Associate Teams
Stats to sacrifice to get most important values as above are

1. Inswing and outswing values for spinners
2. Pace for spinners

For non spinners stats to sacrifice are

1. Pace

Most important stats to alter in this game are for spinners. Set all non spinners in the game to whatever values suits your batting ability.

Fielding

Biggest issue for me when batting is that AI drops too many catches making batting too easy so I addressed this in my patch

Most important stats are
? Outfield catching
? Reflex Catching

Average importance are
? Running speed
? Throwing distance

Practically unimportant stats are
? Throwing Accuracy

Outfield catching Stats

For player role set as

? Batsman = 70
? All rounder = 70
? Bowler = 70

For these stats I would +/- 10 points as required. Bowlers need to have slighter higher stats as batsman tend to be in catching positions more so reflex catching is often more important for them

Reflex catching Stats

For player role set as

? Batsman = 70
? All rounder = 60
? Bowler = 60

For these stats I would +/- 10 points as required. Batsman tend to be in catching positions more often than bowlers (bowlers only when bat pad or leg gully are used) so keep their stats higher to ensure more catches are taken. Bowlers do need a reasonable reflex catch value to ensure caught and bowled chances are often taken

For wicket keepers set value to 50. I find WK?s get too many chances (especially with spinners) so a value of 50 means AI/human WK drops the difficult chances more regularly. This is an artificial way of ensuring both AI and human can bat longer especially against spinners

Running speed Stats

For player role set as

? Batsman = high as possible
? All rounder = high as possible
? Bowler = high as possible

This stats not as important as catching stats, but higher the value, the more difficult it is for human to score runs

Throwing Accuracy stats
For all players set to 5 (unless too many points to distribute)

This results in occasional overthrows (I have had one instance of overthrows going for 4 runs!)

Throwing Distance stats

For all players set to as high as possible

Test playing teams
Should be very easy to get Catching stats as explained above.

Associate Teams
Stats to sacrifice to get correct Catching stat values are
1. Throwing accuracy
2. Throwing distance
3. Running speed

General

Batting and bowling stats are more important than fielding stats, so if for associate/test teams struggling to get important batting/bowing values as high as stated then always sacrifice fielding stats first.

For most associate teams my throwing accuracy and distance stats are set to 5, and running speeds very low

How do the above stats affect different forms of game

Chances of getting AI batsman bowled

T20?s = lowish
ODI = average
Tests = average

Chances of getting AI batsman LBW

T20?s = low
ODI = average
Tests = average

Chances of getting AI caught

T20?s = high
ODI = average/high
Tests = average

Finally
Remember all these stats are for AI teams. For your team, once your have altered AI teams to above stats you need to alter your teams stats so AI can post competitive totals and you find it a challenge when batting

timchrist984

Club Captain
Thanks so much for the info, I'll try a test With these stats and see how it goes. If it works, I'll edit the stats and release the roster.

Users who are viewing this thread