Tutorial Editing Roster File - UPDATE - edit default fields (sort of)

timchrist984

Club Captain
Stumps on day 1 now.
88623d1316578728-editing-roster-file-update-post-9-how-edit-share-rosters-img_2947.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2947.JPG
    IMG_2947.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 689
Last edited:

timchrist984

Club Captain
Lunch on day 2 now. For some reason the AI has gone in to ultra defensive mode. They were scoring at 1.5 RPO for a while and their overall run-rate is around 2.5. I am using the exact same stats as the first test and have been bowling the same.

Here is the scorecard:

Attachments

• IMG_2948.JPG
    IMG_2948.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

timchrist984

Club Captain
I had an idea for hex editing editing the PS3 version. It involves copying the stuff from the XBOX version in to the PS3 version. Can someone please upload the default XBOX roster?

timchrist984

Club Captain
No, don't bother, my idea didn't work. I just assumed the ps3 and XBOX files would contain the same stuff, but they don't.

timchrist984

Club Captain
Tea on day 2 now. As usual, my spinner picked up a five for. For some reason no matter what the rating, I can still dominate with spinners. I got a hat-trick with Dave Hussey once and he has a rating of like 50!

Here is the scorecard:
IMG_2949.JPG

----------

New Zealand all out in the final session of day 2.

IMG_2950.JPG

timchrist984

Club Captain
I've finished the test series now. I won 2-0. Here are the scorecards:

Stumps, day 2:
IMG_2954.JPG

Lunch, day 3:
IMG_2955.JPG

Australia all out, day 3:
IMG_2956.JPG

Tea, day 3:
IMG_2957.JPG

New Zealand all out, day 3:
IMG_2958.JPG

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Tea on day 2 now. As usual, my spinner picked up a five for. For some reason no matter what the rating, I can still dominate with spinners. I got a hat-trick with Dave Hussey once and he has a rating of like 50!

Yes spinners always dominate, to counter you have to make artificial changes to stats to stop them being so good.

As said previously, for human spinners, set spin rating to 15 max. Can still turn it loads but will help reduce amount of edges

As for edges, I find spinners get more edges than any other bowler type. To (artificially) counter this my WK have reflex catching stats of 20. This means you drop the difficult spin chances but for more straight forward chances, you have a chance (but you need quick reactions, but that is good imo)

Finally as I again said previously, you cannot judge AI batting on one innings. There appears to be many factors in deciding how they play

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
I appreciate I am probably only person on xbox 360 who is enjoying this game, but will share the following with anyone still playing

Can now easily change weather conditions and colour commentator for any save game as follows: (extract gamesave (1-5) from usb stick and extract gamesave.txt and edit that file)

Look at attached word document - the values to change immediate follows the entire player roster list (straight after words 'Gamesetup')

The highlighted value determines weather conditions

• 00 = Clear
  • 01 = Cloudy
  • 02 = Overcast

Commentator

In attached spreadsheet look at row 90789. The 7th value from end of row = '06'. This relates to commentator for this match as follows:

• 06 = Ian Bishop
  • 07 = David Lloyd
  • 09 = Shane Warne

You just need to change these values to weather conditions/commentator you want. To save these changes and get them to work in game, read post #9

It's as simple as that and now means I have variable conditions/commentators playing tests/ODI's etc

For tests I change weather conditions start of each day and commentator start of each session for example :)

Attachments

• IC10 edit.docx
    210.1 KB · Views: 76

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'm sure I asked this before but is this the same for the PS3 roster?

----------

Ok. Ignore that question. If I make the XBox360 one it will be easy enough to see if I can make it work on PS3.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
I would have thought it would be same/similar

Anyway I will beta test the 360 editor :yes

timchrist984

Club Captain
This is probably stupid, but is there any chance of getting Tony Grieg back from AC09 or maybe even Bill Lawry back from BLIC? Also is there any possibility of this gamesave editing working for PS3? Hope the editor goes well!

----------

Also, is it possible to edit the location of games in a gamesave series file?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
I would have thought no chance of previous commentators - as for changing grounds, there is a section in the save file for ground location so might be possible - I will check it out

Users who are viewing this thread