Post Line-ups Elite League: Australia VIII | Final - The champions of Season VIII are...

I want to fire Prats for that! :p

Nah, solid squad for West Coast that.

If you ask me, this will be the most powerful team of the season. :clap

I want to fire Prats for that! :p

Nah, solid squad for West Coast that.

Thanks for your support, guys. I hope the big names deliver the good.

Only two trades? :( Give us some room for negotiation..

Honestly, I knew it was coming. I had a chat with Author few days ago regarding this I too asked the same question but he replied negatively and said "I want you to predominantly keep your squads from the draft, but be able to redress an imbalanced squad."

West Coast have probably one of the strongest squads I've seen on here in a while. What was everyone else doing during the draft?

Let's see how strong their probable XI looks...

1.Matthew Hayden / Brad Hodge
2.Virender Sehwag
3.Jacques Kallis ^

4.Michael Hussey
5.Shane Watson ^
6.Adam Voges
7.Matthew Wade
8.Daniel Vettori ^
9.Mitchell Johnson ^
10.Morne Morkel ^
11.Doug Bollinger ^

Yeah...that's an insanely strong team you are looking at! :eek:

Let's see how strong their probable XI looks...

1.Matthew Hayden / Brad Hodge
2.Virender Sehwag
3.Jacques Kallis ^

4.Michael Hussey
5.Shane Watson ^
6.Adam Voges
7.Matthew Wade
8.Daniel Vettori ^
9.Mitchell Johnson ^
10.Morne Morkel ^
11.Doug Bollinger ^

Yeah...that's an insanely strong team you are looking at! :eek:

One of Saleem Pheku, Jehangir, Ismayl Bhai will be your coach, right;):p?

150px-West_Coast_Fever.jpg

West Coast Fever As Good As The Legendary Basnahira - Fenil

Hi! This is Benjamin "Swirler" Robertson. I got an opportunity to meet Elite League Australia's West Coast Fever team owner Fenil Patel earlier today. The excerpts of the conversation that followed is as mentioned below:

Benjamin: Happy with the team?

Fenil: Happy? I'm overwhelmed! We have plenty of experience and talent in the side and a cover up in each department. World class allrounders, keepers. A lethal bowling attack, a solid batting line-up. Everyone has an international experience as well. One of the most balanced team in the tournament I'd say. In fact, I think they can tackle the mighty Basnahira Bears which is regarded as one of the strongest teams to have ever played in planetcricket champions league.

Benjamin: You have put particular emphasis of allrounders...

Fenil: Yes, allrounders play a very important role in the limited overs cricket and they also help get the balance of the team right. We are lucky enough to have 4 world class genuine allrounders apart from other batting and bowling allrounders who can chip in with ball and bat respectively apart from their area of expertise.

Benjamin: Coach Dipak Narayan seemed very inactive at the time of drafts. Can you reveal the reason behind it?

Fenil: Not really, he was working behind the scenes. Giving his inputs to build up a solid team.

Benjamin: Your first pick in Overseas players' draft excluding the associate round was Jacques Kallis despite having another allrounder Watson already in the side surprised many. Critics are of the opinion that you should have gone with someone like Dhoni, Amla, Malinga or Morne Morkel.

Fenil: You can't please everyone at a time. To be honest, we were really confused between two players - Morne Morkel and Jacques Kallis. We finally decided to go with Kallis as he is a brilliant allrounder with almost 11500 runs and as many as 270 wickets under his belt. He is the highest run getting for his country in both Tests and ODIs while 4th and 3rd highest wicket taker in Tests and ODIs respectively. Now, thats a fabulous record. However, I admit that we were lucky enough to get Morne Morkel as well who, I believe is the best ODI paceman in the world at the moment.

Benjamin: Morne as the best pacer? Most people consider Steyn or Malinga as better than him.

Fenil: Steyn, no doubt is the best in Tests but have a look at his average in ODIs. He has picked up 91 wickets in an average of 28.6 while that of Malinga is 26.2. Both the bowlers have went for over 5 runs an over. On the other hand, Morne has got 94 wickets in just 54 matches at a brilliant average of shade over 23 runs. That phenomenal. He has also taken double the number of four wicket hauls than his team-mate, Steyn. Whats more is he can add crucial runs too like he does in your own ZPL.

Benjamin: What made you trade Krejza for getting Marcus North in the team? Were you aware of the availability of Simon Katich?

Fenil: Well, North is a very consistent batsman and has a good record. He can be useful with his spin as well which will make our batting line-up more solid. Secondly, Yes we were aware of Simon Katich's availability but we preferred North who has done very good for English county Glamorgan in County Championship. He has scored as many as 369 runs including 3 fifties and one century in just 6 innings at an average of over 60. Moreover, we don't want to have more retired players in the side. Katich too has done well in longest format but has struggled a lot in one day format. Also, with their ratings going down and North having better record in One dayers when it comes to playing long innings, he was the obvious choice for us. Hayden on the other hand is a class act, No doubt he may not be in the best of shapes today but the legendary batsman is certainly good enough to tackle any attack even today. He might not be awesome but he is certainly more than good enough to play and secure a win for the team.

Benjamin: You just stole my words! My question was about Hayden itself. Moving on, with Krejza gone you have only two spinners in the side. Do you think you don't need an extra spinner?

Fenil: Vettori and Hauritz are quality spinners. Dan has proved himself while Hauritz, I feel is the best spinner is Australia at the moment as far as limited overs cricket is concerned. He has done for the national side and along with Dan can add runs on the board as well which will be a huge bonus when we play two spinners on a turning pitch. That said, we have the likes of Sehwag, North, Voges and Dilshan to support them if needed.

Benjamin: What if both the frontline spinners fail?

Fenil: (laughs) Lets hope they don't .

Benjamin: What is, for you, the importance of a keeper batsman in the side. Especially, a local keeper?

Fenil: Keeper batsmen work same as allrounders. You can have an extra batsman or an extra bowler if a keeper can bat great guns. As far as local keeper goes, it is a huge bonus. It saves an extra overseas player and we are chuffed to have Wade and Sangakkara in the side.

Benjamin: Any suggestions or advice or something you would like to say to the league manager, The Author?

Fenil: Yes. He is one very good league manager and is quite experienced as well. That said, I've got some stats about him which reflect that he hardly runs any of his league for more than 3 seasons. Given that this is a very reputed tournament, I'd urge The Author not to halt it after this season. If he wants to start another league, he may just transfer this to another experienced league manager. I'm sure there will be many who would be willing to see the tournament at its peak once again and if I'm not wrong, that includes you as well.

Benjamin: Absolutely! Now, as we close here, In one sentence, what would you like to say to your team?

Fenil: Go, play, conquer!

Last edited:
sometimes even the strongest teams choke and that is what i am scared of ;)

Users who are viewing this thread