England 2009 Ashes Changes

Samad

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hello guys.
What do you think will change in the England squad form present till the 2009 Ashes.

I think that in Tests:
Flintoff and Vaughan go out
Rashid and ? come in

And In ODIs:
Panesar and Tremlett out
Rashid and Steven Fynn in

What do you guys think?

If Vaughan's knees are still going, he'll captain us in 09. Flintoff might be back, it depends entirely on how we handle him in the next year. Having said that, I imagine we'll do the best we can to rush him back and screw his ankle again, so I'll presume he's out. I'd imagine Shah or Bopara would be in and more or less the same side that we have now. I don't think Harmison will be about, unless he gets a starting place in Sri Lanka and does well, I can see him just being a squad player from now on, whilst Sidebottom, Broad, overtake him in the preferences. By this point the selectors will have also been forced to finally make the right choice in the Wicket-Keeping stakes and give Davies the gloves.

I see it being something like this;
Michael Vaughan. C. - If his knees have gone, I'll have a stab in the dark that Joe Denly can cut it at international level.
Alistair Cook.
Ian Bell.
Kevin Pietersen.
Paul Collingwood.
Ravinder Bopara - I'll go with Ravi for the youth option, depends on what goes on during this Sri Lanka tour, whether he or Shah gets the No.6 spot.
Stephen Davies w/k.
Stuart Broad.
Matthew Hoggard/Stephen Harmison/Adil Rashid/Graeme Swann/Ryan Sidebottom.
Monty Panesar.
Jimmy Andersen.

Rashid? Too early, in my opinion.

Half the team has to go if they wish to challenge the Aussies. They were abysmal, and it cannot be left up to the same people to do it again.

Half the team has gone though, Fred, Strauss, Harmy, Jones and Giles have all gone and although Fred might force his way back in and possibly Harmy the others look unlikely.

1.Alistar Cook
2.Micheal Vaughan
3.Ian Bell
4.Kevin Pietersen
5.Paul Collingwood
6.Owaish Shah
7.Stephen Davies (wk)
8.Adil Rashid/Tim Bresnan
9.Ryan Sidebottom
10.Matthew Hoggard
11.James Andersen

He only has a season and a bit to learn the art of leg spin, leg spinners aren't often ready until about 24. They take longer to mature than other spinners. I wouldn't risk him in 09, unless he ends up getting like 70 plus wickets next season, of course we mustn't forget his batting talent, can be a true all rounder if we allow him time.

He only has a season and a bit to learn the art of leg spin, leg spinners aren't often ready until about 24. They take longer to mature than other spinners. I wouldn't risk him in 09, unless he ends up getting like 70 plus wickets next season, of course we mustn't forget his batting talent, can be a true all rounder if we allow him time.

Yeah thats right.

He's still got lots to learn as from what we saw last season and with Swann and Panesar doing well, its not like we're desperate for him right now.

1.Alistar Cook
2.Andrew Strauss
3.Ian Bell
4.Kevin Pietersen
5.Paul Collingwood
6.Luke Wright
7.Stephen Davies (wk)
8.Andrew Flintoff
9.Stuart Broad
10.Monty Panesar
11.James Andersen

Users who are viewing this thread