England In India - October 2011/12

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Just got in, lovely day so far. How England play Mishra is going to be key to this game now. England have certainly played spin better in recent years, but they have a habit of collapsing the first time they face a spinner. How many of them have seen Mishra before?

Still a lot of work for England to do here, but if they are only 1-2 down by the end of the day this is game over.

Average spinner but when he finds his spot, he is fantastic and can spin it a mile. He's lost his effectiveness after his debut series vs Australia. When he's bad, he's god awful. Not only does he leak runs, he also doesn't take many wickets. By many, I mean none...

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Cheers Shravi, anyone know how many of this England team has faced him before? Excellent start this. If one of these two finds their form in this match, this could be the biggest defeat of the lot... Still, early days yet.

@ Ollie.

I knew he'd got a duck, but got back just in time for the end of innings highlights to see him scuttle off first ball to a straight ball back of a length. I definitely laughed haha

s2sschan

Club Cricketer
4-0 WhiteWash

Cheers Shravi, anyone know how many of this England team has faced him before? Excellent start this. If one of these two finds their form in this match, this could be the biggest defeat of the lot... Still, early days yet.

@ Ollie.

I knew he'd got a duck, but got back just in time for the end of innings highlights to see him scuttle off first ball to a straight ball back of a length. I definitely laughed haha

A 4-0 WhiteWash might be a blessing in disguise for India's cricket future.

Some things will be fixed in Indian Cricket.

Not the end of the world.

tonyselby

School Cricketer
India England at Edgbaston

Well India are sure to miss Harbhajan's batting (and occasional offspin) and Yuvi's bowling (and occasional slogging). A bad day to be called Singh.
With Virender Sehwag back in the Indian side it will be interesting to see if he can recapture his 2008 form against England, he has little preparation but if on form could still make a huge impression on the series.
Openers Sehwag and Gambhir can compensate for Zaheer Khan, exit from the series however the weather at Edgbaston could be the deciding factor.
Definite value in betting this series.

Sureshot

Executive member
Good finish by Strauss and Cook. 400 or 500 wicket this is at least. Bat tomorrow and day 3, declare end of day 3 with 500 run lead.

Well, that's the ideal anyway ;)

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Openers Sehwag and Gambhir can compensate for Zaheer Khan, exit from the series however the weather at Edgbaston could be the deciding factor.

Compensate it may but India are still woefully short of England.

----------

Good finish by Strauss and Cook. 400 or 500 wicket this is at least. Bat tomorrow and day 3, declare end of day 3 with 500 run lead.

Well, that's the ideal anyway

I can't see anything other than this happening to be honest. India have been woeful with the ball all series and I don't think they're suddenly going to rip us apart.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors

Well, that's the ideal anyway ;)

Thing is that looks like it could, and with where they are should, happen. Yet I think I was scarred by the England teams of the 90's, and constantly seem to be expecting some capitulation or collapse haha I'm not sure I can handle this success, I feel dizzy.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Ouch. We're not this good - India are just playing terribly.

Cheers for that, calmed me right down. So you're saying that any moment now England could still collapse and throw everything away in a session? You are, right? Please? Should be able to sleep tonight now knowing that all is right with the world, and I have every chance of holding my head in my hands just before tea tomorrow, wondering how Sehwag is on 107* ... phew... :)

Users who are viewing this thread