England In India - October 2011/12

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I can't hide my dissapointment at how unprofessional this India side have been.

I think I would prefer it if Pakistan were over in England again.

It's not even fun trolling anymore.

valvolux

Club Cricketer
A lot of talk here of the Indian big three moving on. I don't think we need to be that hasty. I know many fans, especially Indian fans I know, are calling for some heads to roll but the big point here is that Laxman and Sachin have played consistently well for the last 18 months or so. In fact I haven't seen Tendulkar bat as well as he has over the last year and a half since the glory days of the early millennium.

Dravid on the other hand as had to find some form and he has done. The only problem is, that Tendulkar has seriously struggled on this current tour and he if he carries on in this downward spiral, then there does not seem to be a worthy successor apart from may be Kohli. The same can be said about Dravid and Laxman...who is there to replace them once they go.

But the biggest problem of all is the bowling, without Zaheer Khan and a decent spin attack, they look far too vulnerable.

----------

I can't agree with valvolux there, or the statement that Sehwag has made about not being "protected". The fact is that Tendulkar has made many of his centuries against some epic bowlers, the likes of Donald, Wasim, Waqar, McGrath, Lee, Akhtar, Walsh and Ambrose. Sehwag started his career at the tail end of many of these bowlers and at a time when pitches were becoming far more flat. Sehwag is in many ways a "flat track bully", Tendulkar is in a class of his own.

well you only have to check his record as captain and at the top to tell sachin is a man who makes his runs under less pressure than the other modern greats like Ponting and Lara. and im not saying he isnt awesome - cause he is an amazing batsmen. you just have to look where he made most of his runs though....i dont think his record would be as inflated as it is. but thats my own opinion and you wont change it - so no point arguing with me. his purple patch has come at a time where there isn't the "greats" left, but i tell you what, england have some in the making here...and if you would care to comment on his form in this series, would be more relevant.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Brilliant quote from Frank Skinner:

India are worse than Pakistan were last summer when they were trying to lose!

My lawyers have instructed me to say I'm not accusing India of match fixing!

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Praveen you beauty. At least one big positive for India from this series.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
better call bell back, it's not really sporting that he's the only one who has to face a good ball.

macintosh

Club Captain
I still support India, I don't mind what everyone says because England have outperformed India in the current series, but i still feel that India will bounce back, whether it is in this series or after this series, but it will bounce back. I support my country and back them even though they are performing badly right now.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
well you only have to check his record as captain and at the top to tell sachin is a man who makes his runs under less pressure than the other modern greats like Ponting and Lara. and im not saying he isnt awesome - cause he is an amazing batsmen. you just have to look where he made most of his runs though....i dont think his record would be as inflated as it is. but thats my own opinion and you wont change it - so no point arguing with me. his purple patch has come at a time where there isn't the "greats" left, but i tell you what, england have some in the making here...and if you would care to comment on his form in this series, would be more relevant.

I already said Tendulkar's form in this series has been atrocious, but the point I made was that he has scored big runs against some of the finest bowlers of all time throughout the 90s, just ask the Australians what happened at Perth :cheers

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
good to see Cook playing so well. Sreesanth has really disappointed me. This may well be his last international tour.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I say just take a punt on Umesh Yadav. Just ask him to go out there and bowl fast. He couldn't possibly do any worse than these guys.

Sureshot

Executive member
6 an over for the last 18 overs or so!

The new ball has been mis-used/despatched to the boundary. 250 lead tonight I reckon (27 overs, I think we're playing till 7 due to the rain).

I was think declaration at end of play tomorrow, I think they might go for a tea-time declaration now, and that could well be 500 lead! We've still got Morgan, Bopara, Prior, Bresnan and Broad to come...

Liked what I've seen of Mishra barring his hilarious no-balls.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Any one who here comparing Sachin with Sehwag is just nonsense. Better if that guy just look at some old innings when hostile bowlers like Waqar, Wasim, Ambrose, Walsh ,Donald, Akhtar etc was on thier prime. Sachin is a class while Sehwag is just good in home conditions. Sehwag has never played against these bowlers when they were at thier peak of thier bowling. You can not compare a "flat track bully" with a class player.

Also Sachin has been in even more hostile conditions and situations then Ponting or Lara, He was more most of his career was alone server while Ponting and Lara has a team to backup for most of there career.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Get home, see score and have a curry.

Feelsgoodmangreen.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread