England side

Yes, now teams know how to bowl at Strauss he looks a rather ineffective batsmen to me. Gone our the glory days of his first year against South Africa.

Thankyou, and Gojo opens because for most OD teams seem to insist upon it theese days (please dont post me a list of every team who doesn't)

The question is "who do i think" should be in the England team

Always thought he was underated and when he was in touch he was a joy to watch

People are looking through Rose tinted glasses at Geraint Jones, they really are.

but Strauss still avarages 40 in test cricket and key around mid 20s

His recent form has been very poor. The only reason why he averages 40+ over the last two seasons (2007/2008 and 2008) is because of the lack of a quality opening bowler in New Zealand's test side. If Bond was still playing for New Zealand, Strauss would not be playing. Any attack with a quality opening bowler should get Strauss out early.

He just has too many technical flaws that an attack can work on. Key is better. I'm waiting for his chance because I am confident he would take it. Though his FC form hasn't been up to much scratch this season, his OD and T20 form has been good, though.

I like Strauss, good bloke, been a good player. But not good enough at the moment. Like Harmison has done. Go back to county cricket and iron out the issues. It's a tested and proven way of getting back form!

FOr me:
Mustard
Cook
Bell
Pietersen(C)
Collingwood
Shah
Flintoff
Broad
Sidebottom
Panesar
Anderson

FOr me:
Mustard
Cook
Bell
Pietersen(C)
Collingwood
Shah
Flintoff
Broad
Sidebottom
Panesar
Anderson

Anderson Below Monty and Sidebum in the order? I think he's improved his batting by a mile. Monty's batting on the other hand seem to plumit this summer

I don't rate Broad, I've seen better young english players.

I don't rate Broad, I've seen better young english players.

He's one of the brightest and promosing young stars in cricket. Everyone I know loves him.ahem.......especialy the ladies.

From a more manly point of view i think if he fufills his potential he really could be the next McGrath, and his batting should improve to move him up from 8 to 7 or even 6. I used him as an opener on Cricet Coach and he averaged 60:D

1. Rob Key
2. Alastair Cook
3. Owais Shah
4. Kevin Pietersen (c)
5. Paul Collingwood
6. Ian Bell
7. Andrew Flintoff
8. James Foster (wk)
9. Ryan Sidebottom
10. Steve Harmison
11. James Anderson

Monty Panesar will come in when a spinner is required.

1. Rob Key
2. Alastair Cook
3. Owais Shah
4. Kevin Pietersen (c)
5. Paul Collingwood
6. Ian Bell
7. Andrew Flintoff
8. James Foster (wk)
9. Ryan Sidebottom
10. Steve Harmison
11. James Anderson

Monty Panesar will come in when a spinner is required.

Excelent. I'm not the only person who beleives that it is not always necesseary to play monty, despite him being "loved by all" and "the greatest thing that has happened to English cricket".:mad:

The greatest thin that ever happend to English cricket incidently was when David Gravney left his post

You should always have a spinner in a side. If the opposition bat for 150 overs (or 200 if your Sri Lanka!) then you need a spinner to take the load. Especially if you are only using a 4-man attack, as above.

Users who are viewing this thread