England used binoculars to monitor Pak in Oval Test: Fletcher

then if something is not proven, we don't start calling people "cheats" because "we think" they are.

Where have a I labelled anyone as a cheat? If you have issues take it up with Hair and the British media for starters.

At the time that Akram and co were reverse swinging the ball it was a relativity unknown phenomenon and people rightly thought 'hey, that can't be natural' and the most logical thing was that the ball was being worked illegally.

What? No its not. The logical conclusion would be "hey, they must be coming up with new ways of making the ball talk, I wonder what it is?" Do you think people called Bart King a flipping cheat when he pioneered conventional swing. No, he was hailed as a great contributor to the game of cricket.

What? No its not. The logical conclusion would be "hey, they must be coming up with new ways of making the ball talk, I wonder what it is?" Do you think people called Bart King a flipping cheat when he pioneered conventional swing. No, he was hailed as a great contributor to the game of cricket.

Though my recollection is hazy I think that if you look back at that period of time ball tampering was a hot topic.

Rightly or wrongly people always seem to look for the negative and in this case that negative was that they must have been doing something to the ball in order for it to behave that way.

If they had done it 30 years before (in a much more innocent era), then they would have been hailed in the same light as Bart King.

I would say that although some doubts linger, they are both now seen as the guys who really pushed reserve swing into the mainstream.

"people"...

I must have sand in my vagina, post noted and point taken.

No the logical thought was 'what the?'

Where people choose to go after that is up to them. The issue at hand here, for these two moderators (funny that I'm policing you) is this particular instance of alleged ball tampering.

Don't turn this into a race thing because it's been done to death.

This is very interesting, so it seems that Hair was not the only one with concerns.

Strikes me as odd, that if you thought someone was tampering with the ball you would use binoculars, I'd use a camera with a long lens myself as that way you'd have evidence if needed, I'd only use binoculars if I was just interested in what they were doing and looking at techniques.

No the logical thought was 'what the?'

Where people choose to go after that is up to them. The issue at hand here, for these two moderators (funny that I'm policing you) is this particular instance of alleged ball tampering.

This is very interesting, so it seems that Hair was not the only one with concerns.

So Hair Thinks that these bunch of Pakistanis should not be getting reverse swing because they have no abilities, they must be cheating, I?ll warn them, if ICC say something, I?ll ask them for money!! yeah great Umpire. Even the police can't prove me a thief without any evidence. What?s all the "rights" and stuff guys talk about then?? Actually if I was inzy, I'll make sure that umpire never came to cricket field again.

Why is only that Umpire always gets trouble with only "Asian Teams"? I?m not pointing out to him, I?m just saying? Why not Billy, why not other umpire?

The issue at hand here, for these two moderators (funny that I'm policing you) is this particular instance of alleged ball tampering.

The recent issue of ball tampering is related to the issue we were talking about. The tampering accusations of the past are most likely what irked Pakistan and caused them to forfeit the Oval Test, so I fail to see how we're going off-topic.

Who's doing that?

Strikes me as odd, that if you thought someone was tampering with the ball you would use binoculars, I'd use a camera with a long lens myself as that way you'd have evidence if needed, I'd only use binoculars if I was just interested in what they were doing and looking at techniques.

Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with using binoculars at all.

Last edited:
Who's doing that?

Yeah, we're defending our Nation, Our country. We have a right to. English Fan would have reacted nearly the same way. We're not talking about races, if someone brings race in is not us, is The umpire Darell Hair. we're just saying he had no proof.

Some people have no clue what’s going on, they just want to oppose, no matter who is wrong and who is right.

Yeh, like you'd be able to keep them straight enough, we all know about your fermented drinking during Cricket matches!

Can't compare them. Bart King played at a time when the media were far less hostile and were somewhat 'trustworthy'.

Image:John_Barton_King_Bowling.jpg

Am I the only one which thinks that looks a little similar to Pollock/McGrath?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:John_Barton_King_Bowling.jpg

If you don't get a picture.

Can't compare them. Bart King played at a time when the media were far less hostile and were somewhat 'trustworthy'.

Of course, but the point was it was not a logical conclusion. It was irrational IMO no matter what the circumstances. At least there was a history this time around.

Am I the only one which thinks that looks a little similar to Pollock/McGrath?

Looks like dracula in my avatar.

Don't expect the British press to do anything rational/logical Usman. They think that Cameron is our saviour and that Prince Charles hired goons to kill off Diana.

The American Cricket guy, I never heard of him before.. did he invent cricket or something? Bart king

Users who are viewing this thread