England used binoculars to monitor Pak in Oval Test: Fletcher

Don't expect the British press to do anything rational/logical Usman. They think that Cameron is our saviour and that Prince Charles hired goons to kill off Diana.

You obviously do not read the Mirror:p

So Hair Thinks that these bunch of Pakistanis should not be getting reverse swing because they have no abilities, they must be cheating, I?ll warn them, if ICC say something, I?ll ask them for money!! yeah great Umpire. Even the police can't prove me a thief without any evidence. What?s all the "rights" and stuff guys talk about then?? Actually if I was inzy, I'll make sure that umpire never came to cricket field again.

Why is only that Umpire always gets trouble with only "Asian Teams"? I?m not pointing out to him, I?m just saying? Why not Billy, why not other umpire?
I'm not even going to bother arguing with such a misinformed statement. If you read the reason that the umpires, and even England, thought ball tampering may be occuring, you would understand that it wasn't about Pakistani bowler's abilities, but rather a general rule that the ball should not be reverse swinging at that age.

And as for why not Billy, great question. Hair was made a scapegoat because he had had run-ins with asian countries before, so obviously he must be racist. It couldn't be that there was a legitimate cause for concern!

The recent issue of ball tampering is related to the issue we were talking about. The tampering accusations of the past are most likely what irked Pakistan and caused them to forfeit the Oval Test, so I fail to see how we're going off-topic.
Andrew would find a way, but aside from that, it's really all speculation, and it's a topic that has been also done to death (not in here specifically, but everywhere).

The point is, people saw something weird, and didn't know what it was. Obviously the media enjoy a juicy story, and their bias for the home side was in play too. Of course they don't want people thinking that their side was outplayed.

This is further illustrated by the Ashes series. Who do you think was appluading the British media for their outstanding reverse swinging? The British media, not the Australian media! Everyone in England was celebrating the greatest series ever, but it wasn't necessarily that amazing across the world, other than the happiness that Australia were beatable.

nightprowler10 said:
Who's doing that?
Read the fine print, even if it isn't being said, it's certainly been implied, and not just in this particular thread, but the entire ball tampering issue.

Users who are viewing this thread