England

JD10

International Cricketer
[/COLOR]And a decent team in time for the 2013 Champions Trophy staged in England :

Davies
Trott
Pietersen
Morgan
Bell (going by the fact he averages more than 50 in his home conditions)
ten Doeschate (need him at all costs) (6)
Bopara/Patel (5)
Bresnan (3)
Swann (4)
Broad (1)
Wood/Woakes/Briggs/Shahzad/Dockrell (2)

I personally would pick Patel as a part time spinner the him and Ten Doeschate could bowl 10 overs between them. Then just go in with one main spinner. Pick Shahzad basically on the conditions in England as he would get the most swing IMO. Morgan and Bell switch around aswell.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Seriously, RTD is never going to play for England and has said it himself.

----------

The fact he'd be 32 in 2013 doesn't help him either.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
The main 2 problems with the team in ODIs is largely due to the :

* Lack of a powerful hitting consistent opener to help England register 55 by the end of 10 overs .

* Lack of a match winning pinch hitter down the order and a decent part timer as the 6th bowler , which is why i wanted RTD . Really need someone of Flintoff's calibre to fill that spot .

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
I'd argue that through County Cricket we don't actually lack either. The Selectors just refuse to pick players on CC form and would rather try and shoe-horn established players into the lineup. I.e. Prior opening.

War

Chairman of Selectors
I'd argue that through County Cricket we don't actually lack either. The Selectors just refuse to pick players on CC form and would rather try and shoe-horn established players into the lineup. I.e. Prior opening.

Nah we do lack that in list A cricket & have lacked it for pretty much the last 20 years consistently.

Openers dont face enough 90 mph fast-bowling domestic OD cricket. Which is why the likes of Ali Brown, Maddy, Prior, Benning for eg have looked like gods over the years domestically opening - but struggled to make the step up when they played international cricket.

Plus we certainly dont have any quick bowling all-rounders in domestic cricket capable of replacing what Flintoff did in any way. The closest in probably Mascarenhas in a way still (but i cant see him fitting into the ODI set-up anymore). As Haarinath said if RTD wanted to play for England, he would fit the role perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread