Story The Derbyshire Chronicals [C2005]

Do u like the idea of posting training details to help select the side?

• Hell Yeah (as good as Martyns form)

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • Couldn t care less (whats Derbyshire Chronicals)

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Worst idea ever (even worst than G>Jones s keeping)

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

rabbitoh rob

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Derbyshire Phantoms will be competing in a full county season.
Playing on hard mode and using the created bats made by the brilliant patchmakers on here and tutsi v2 patch :D .

The Frizzell County Championship
frizzell-ctychmp-397.gif

Division One for the 2005 season comprises of:
Glamorgan
Gloucestershire
Hampshire
Kent
Middlesex
Nottinghamshire
Surrey
Sussex
Warwickshire

Division Two for the 2005 season comprises of:
Derbyshire
Durham
Essex
Lancashire
Leicestershire
Northamptonshire
Somerset
Worcestershire
Yorkshire

The Totesport League
totesport.gif

Division One for the 2005 season comprises of:
Glamorgan
Gloucestershire
Essex
Hampshire
Lancashire
Middlesex
Northamptonshire
Nottinghamshire
Worcestershire

Division Two for the 2005 season comprises of:
Derbyshire
Durham
Kent
Leicestershire
Somerset
Surrey
Sussex
Scotland
Warkwickshire
Yorkshire

Twenty20 Cup
twenty20_4.jpg

All the 18 counties have been divided into three basic groups on the basis of their geographic location.

North
Derbyshire
Durham
Lancashire
Leicestershire
Nottinghamshire
Yorkshire

Mid/West/Wales
Glamorgan
Gloucestershire
Northamptonshire
Somerset
Warwickshire
Worcestershire

South
Essex
Hampshire
Kent
Middlesex
Surrey
Sussex

The top two teams for each group plus the best two of the third placed teams will qualify for the quater-finals.

S_Harmison

International Cricketer
Here we go again... lol :) I will be adding these stats to the ones i had from the games played last year for my career stats!! Good luck rob!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
But...how will you do two counties in the same time? The Gloucs boys were sent back, I thought you were added into Yorkshire. Oh well, glad to have you aboard!(even though it means I can get the opportunity of bowling you out:mad:)

joem87

Club Cricketer
Mark Nicholas catches up with one of many new stars Derbyshire are going to have at their disposal this season, Joe Martyn.

Mark Nicholas: Joe, it's a pleasure to meet you.

Joe Martyn: Thanks a lot Mark, likewise.

MN: So Joe, this friday see's the start of the new Frizzell County Championship. Derbs have continued from last year's successful plan of bringing in young talent in together as a team, but even more so. How do you think you will cope?

JM: Well, I for one am confident, and I know the lads are confident. We believe we can build on the good foundations of last season and push for promotion in both forms of the game.

MN: Even with the unexpected early retirement of influential captain and wicketkeeper Richie Roberts?

JM: Richie puts the team before himself like any good captain. This year he decided that there was too much talent coming up from the Derbyshire Cricket Academy to keep at bay. It is a blow in one respect because of the amount of times he has damaged the oppostion, but it is exciting for the new talent, and this has given Blaine Molloy the chance he is always waited for. He will do a great job, I'm sure.

MN: From your own point of view Joe, you have been likened to a left handed Michael Vaughan, how does this make you feel?

JM: Look, these kind of comparisons are very flattering, but it means nothing if I don't do my duty with the bat for my team. To compare me to such and such before a ball has been bowled is unfair. I am Joe Martyn and Michael Vaughan is Michael Vaughan.... we are different people and different cricketers. We'll see where I'm at after a few seasons!

MN: This new philosophy of Derbyshire CCC must be very exciting?

JM: Oh, hugely! The twenty first team players could be the back-bone of Derbs for years and maybe even England who knows? We have great staff here at Derbs and very astute selectors. We are going places.

MN: Joe Martyn, thank you very much and good luck for the new season.

JM: Thanks again Mark, take care.

Users who are viewing this thread