Story England's Ashes 2009: The Way It Should Have Been- Eventful Start, England 9/1 after first over.

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just out of interest do people think I should include in-game pictures or not bother as my graphics card on my laptop is abysmal and thinks come out very point and edgy. Should I leave them out or include them?

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Have them, but just make them small so you don't notice the quality.

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
dvh4kn.png

England Vs Scotland
T20 Warm-Up, The Oval

First Over Thriller
(A Sign Of What's to come?)

Welcome to today's coverage of England Vs Scotland Live here from The Oval, Only on Sky Sports. The venue of today's game was moved from Lords to The Oval after groundstaff where unable to get a playable wicket ready for the teams to play on with the Oval the next nearest option. This is the last preperation for both sides before going into the World T20 Competition. England will be looking especially to win this game today, giving them some momentum going into a tournament they could well win, and also prove their dominance in T20 cricket. Scotland on the other hand will merely look to try and survive and build up some kind of consitency going into the tournament. We now take a look at David Lloyd's view of how today's game will play out.​

pitchreport.png

Pitch Report

The pitch that the ground staff have prepared for today is an absolute corker. It's flat, it's hard and there's not alot of green on it for the bowlers. The ball will be coming onto the bat well as the bounce will be even and consistent. It's a batsmans wicket without a doubt. But later on in the game I feel that the spinners will get something out of the pitch as there's a little bit of rough outside the right handers off stump that I've no doubt will slowly provide the spinners with a little more to work with. As for the weather and overhead conditions I think the Seamers may get a little bit of swing today. It's gloomy overhead with a slight chance of rain and will be cloudy all day, with a sunny patch about halfway through the day. All in all a day out for the batsmen I think.

The Teams

Well before we go down to the middle for the toss lets take a look at the line-ups for today's teams.​

EngSqdVsSco.png

ScoSqdVsEng.png

England:A slightly understrength side posted by England but it will give a chance for the younger players to fight for a place in the side for the opening game against Netherlands. The England Player to watch for me is the captain Kevin Pietersen. His is among the most exciting batsmen in the World today and can bowl handy Off-Breaks which could come in handy on a wicket that may well spin later on but whether he bowls himself is another case.

Scotland: Well Scotlands side is a mixture of veterans of the Scottish game and the youngsters. You can vever really call a Scottish team a strong side but they seem like a team that can put up a fight if they need to. The Player to watch for Scotland would have to be Kyle Coetzer. He can play some really stunning innings and I think could be the one to get Scotland out of a whole if they get stuck in one. Expect a big score from the young man today.

The Toss

Kevin Pietersen and Gavin Hamilton are out in the middle for the Toss. Hamilton calls Heads......and heads it is. Scotland will have a bowl first. Hamilton's decided to bowl first "So the lads can have a go at chasing in the second half as it's one of our weaknesses. I also think it's good chance for the lads to see what they can get out of the conditions in the tournament with this weather and try to pick up some big wickets."

It's time to get the game underway. Dewald Nel is warming up and ins going to bowl to James Benning to get this game underway......

Nel's first ball was thumped in back of a length and Benning played towards covers at it. However his nerves where showing as he popped it into the air just too wide of the fielder for a catch. Nel followed this up with a similar ball that Benning left. The third ball saw the first Excitement of the game. A full toss onto leg stump Bennings eye's lit up as he looked to smash it over Mid-on/Mid-Wicket but compeletely miss-timed the shot and Nel got the wicket 3rd ball in, bowled leg stump. The Scots went wild and celebrated like no tommorow as a disapointed Benning walked back for a duck leaving England 0/1.

next man in Maddy took guard and prepared for his first ball. Nel hammered it in short and the ball took off over Maddy's head for a Wide. Nel kept the poor bowling with a ball back of the length punched over the bowler for a single by Maddy called no ball, the replay showing Nel a good foot over the line. The legitimate 4th ball, another full toss onto Trescothick's leg-stump. Trescothick's experience showed as he lifted the ball over Mid-Wicket, much better temperment than Benning. 5th ball short and straight, Trescothick played it straight back to the bowler. An on-drive into the deep brought two runs and the finnish, to a very eventful first over.

1stover.jpg

Don't go anywhere as we will be bringing you all the action live after this advert break, live only on Sky Sports.........​

just_cricket

Club Captain
Mate your graphics are very, very good. I can see what you meant about the screenshots but that's hardly your fault. The graphics that show the teams are excellent, though, and the presentation of writing is also very nice. Keep it up!

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
Thanks bud. The team graphics where a nightmare to make. Took good part of 1 hour/ hour and a half to do the England one with 2 scrapped versions. The Scotland one took 45 minutes. Not 100% happy with them but suppose they are good enough. Just do what I can with the limited knowledge of photoshop I have. Next update tommorow, probably a 5 over update. What do you reckon update for each over or do it in 5 over spells?

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Thanks bud. The team graphics where a nightmare to make. Took good part of 1 hour/ hour and a half to do the England one with 2 scrapped versions. The Scotland one took 45 minutes. Not 100% happy with them but suppose they are good enough. Just do what I can with the limited knowledge of photoshop I have. Next update tommorow, probably a 5 over update. What do you reckon update for each over or do it in 5 over spells?

Yeah 5 overs mate. Great presentation, great stuff. Tell me when you need the Test roster.

Users who are viewing this thread