Story England's Sub Continent Tour

M Hoggard

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
England Look Set For A Good Tour
England have touched down looking for a good tour in the sub continent. england start off with a test match against lowly Bangladesh. Everyone is predicting an England win but upsets do happen. There is talk of Liam Plunkett coming in for Simon Jones. Only time will tell what occurs. Here's what Liam Plunkett had to say

Liam Plukett said:
I am so happy to be here. I had a decent time in Pakistan a while back and hopefully I can go further and establish myself as an English regular but it'll be hard because Simon Jones is a world class bowler

_40568997_vaughan.jpg

Vaughan Looks Cool In The Airport

Tour Schedule

Test vs. Bangladesh
Jan 1 || Bangladesh

Tour Matches
Jan 7 || Governors XI
Jan 31 || Pakistan A
Mar 5 || B. Presidents XI
Mar 29 || India A

Test vs. Pakistan
Jan 12 || Pakistan
Jan 18 || Pakistan
Jan 25 || Pakistan

Pakistan One Day
Feb 2 || Pakistan
Feb 4 || Australia
Feb 6 || West Indies

Test vs. Sri Lanka
Feb 16 || Sri Lanka
Feb 22 || Sri Lanka
Feb 27 || Sri Lanka

Test vs. India
Mar 10 || India
Mar 16 || India
Mar 22 || India

One Day Matches
Apr 1 || India
Apr 5 || Sri Lanka
Apr 7 || India
Apr 12 || Sri Lanka

The England Squad

Attachments

• englandtestteam.JPG
    englandtestteam.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Laul Hoggy, Your new here and already a thread on story. I must say good work mate. Keep it up. +reps from me.

Thanks for the feedback lads, keep it coming :hpraise

Match Conditions
Looks like a surface that will help the batters. It's a dry, sunny day which the bowlers will struggle on. No doubt if Vaughan wins the toss he'll choose to bat and post up a dominant total

matchconditions.jpg

Team Line Ups
England have shocked a few people and left Simon Jones out of the team, Liam Plunkett is in place of Simon. This must come as a blow to Simon who probably expected to play this game. Bangladesh are not the best of teams and Simon may return to the england fold against Pakistan and India

England Line Up
A Strauss
M Trescothick
M Vaughan
P Collingwood
K Pietersen
A Flintoff
G Jones
A Giles
L Plunkett
M Hoggard
S Harmison

England vs. Bangladesh - England won the toss and elected to bat

Trescothick Goes Early

An attacking start from England saw them lose a wicket, Marcus Trescothick went for a back foot drive but didn't time it too nicely and clipped the ball in to the air, it fell nicely to Aftad Ahmed. Mortaza pull Trescothick right in to the trap by bowling wide on purpose inviting Trescothick in to an aggressive stroke

trescothickgonemadeupimage.jpg

England: 15/1
Strauss 4*
Vaughan 5*

Last edited:
England vs. Bangladesh - Dhaka

Vaughan Goes Early
England captain Michael Vaughan only made 16 before falling victime to Mortaza. Vaughan could of left the short delivery alone but he played a defensive stroke and it took a wicked bounce snipped Vaughans bat and fell to Javed Omer Belim in the slips. A disappointing batting performance from Vaughan and England all together at the moment

*Sorry no screenies, i was having a problem at the tome*

Strauss Follows Vaughan Back
A poor performance from England so far. Strauss was the next man to go, Andrew did make a decent 32 and always looked dangerous nailing 7 fours. A bit of bad luck on his behalf trying to drive Nazmul Hossain to the boundary but got an inside snick and flew in to the stumps. Bangladesh are enjoying themselfs at Englands expense

straussgone.jpg

England: 87/3
Strauss: 37
Collingwood*: 23

Looking good so far Hoggy, not the best of starts from England though, keep up the good work :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread