Story England's Sub Continent Tour

And He's Bowled Him
Freddie Flintoff has got the break through for England. A variation of short and medium line balls and ti different speeds messed with the mind of Omar. The last delivery of the over saw Flintoff bowl a low full toss and knocked the off stump out of the ground. Is this the start of something for England....

flintofbowledomar.jpg

Flintoff Strikes Again
England hero Andrew Flintoff has done it again. This time Nafees was the victim just before his century mark. A shorter delivery with a sharp in swing fooled Nafees who took a swipe and edged it through to Trescothick at slip. England have finally kick started there bowling innings

nafeesflintoffbowled298.jpg

Scorecard:

England:
Plunkett: 64
Pietersen: 64
Strauss: 37

Bangladesh: 130/2
Nafees: 98

Flintoff Grabs His Hatrick
Freddie grabbed England' and his 3rd wicket. Saleh couldn't cope with Flintoff's deliveries and lost the battle against the English all rounder. Salesh made 21 before taking a swipe at a full delivery and it flicked off the bat and to Trescothick who was placed to perfection

3salehcaughtflintoff.jpg

Hoggard Strikes A Solid Blow
Hoggard was only just called in to replace Giles and put a knife in the hearts of Bangladesh fans. The Yorkshireman out smarted Bashar. Matthew threw a slow low full toss and it was dealt with easily but the very next ball he threw a fast full toss and deceived Bashar who nearly got to the 50 mark

4basharhoggardsfirstlbw.jpg

Hoggard Ceases The Moment
Matthew Hoggard has picked up his second wicket in quick succession at the expense of Ahmed. Hoggard started pitching his balls quite wide of off stump and made Ahmed attack the ball. Come the last ball he delivered a superb ball which swung in mid air and sent the bails off the stumps

4ahmedhoggardbowled.jpg

Scorecard

England:289

Bangladesh: 225/5

C'mon Bangl! Don't lose your concentration! Hopefully Rafique, Mashud and Mortza can contribute well...

good start by bangladesh, apart from them losing to quick wickets

Collingwood Gets In On The Action
Collingwood is more of a part time bowler but has caused some problems while he's been throwing the deliveries at Bangladesh. Imran didn't judge the speed of the delivery and mistimed the shot causing the ball to swim through the air at Kevin Pietersen. England are finally showing there skill

imrancollingwoodpietersenblended1.jpg

Plunkett Screams In With A Wicket
Liam Plunkett has struggled to find his ground in the bowling area of the game so far today but bowled a perfect delivery to take a wicket. Haque only managed 1 run before trying to drive against the swing of Plunkett and it fell nicely to Trescothick for his 3rd catch of the innings

haque2goneplunkett.jpg

Hoggard Strikes Again
Yorkshire ace Matthew Hoggard is having the time of his life out there. Every time he steps up to the crease you can see the influence it has on the batsman who don't know what to expect. Mashud didn't expect the low full toss that has been really affective and Mashud was another victim to this delivery

mushudhoggybowled2.jpg

Scorecard

Bangladesh: 282/8

ZoraxDoom said:
One suggestion - everyone knows the low full toss bug. Don't over exploit it.
:eek:

I never knew it was a bug, honestly. The only bug I knew of was the medium pacer with a slow short delivery. I won't boher doing that from now on then :eek:

Reactions To The 1st Innings'

Plunkett said:
I am really pleased with my batting exploits and kept England in the match. shame my bowling wasn't has good as it can be but there is a lot of time for improvement on the tour

Pietersen said:
I don't know what went wrong with our batting at the start, everyone was just so out of sort it was quite unbelievable.

Vaughan said:
We are in a great position now to go and grab the game by the scruff' of the neck. We were mighty favourites at the start but always knew it would be very hard in these conditions. We just need to go and give out a good innings with the bat now and hopefully the bowlers can back us up.

Giles said:
I can't believe what the wicket is like, it's much worse than ever before. There was no turn at all and they easily dealt with what I was throwing at them. It's quite unreal

M Hoggard said:
:eek:

I never knew it was a bug, honestly. The only bug I knew of was the medium pacer with a slow short delivery. I won't boher doing that from now on then :eek:
Oh, then no problem. Use it if you want/need to. Don't over exploit it though, a scorecard full of Bowleds and LBWs doesn't look very nice.

ZoraxDoom said:
Oh, then no problem. Use it if you want/need to. Don't over exploit it though, a scorecard full of Bowleds and LBWs doesn't look very nice.
Yeh I agree with you I feel such a fool :mad

My screen capturing software messed up too for the last 2 wickets so it's my batting up next

Scorecard

Bangladesh: 292

Great comeback from England though. However congratulations to Bangladesh and Shariar Nafees on the first innings lead!

Bangladesh Strike Early
England vice captain Marcus Trescothick made a reasonable score of 24 before falling to Mortaza who's run riot in the 1st innings and looks to carry that form on. Bashar was the man to take the catch and it's similar to a few wickets in the first innings. Trescothick tried clipping it over the fielders for an easy boundary but made an ash of it and Bashar took the catch with ease...

trescothickblended.jpg

Strauss Roars On
Andrew Strauss has set up a solid partnership with Michael Vaughan. Strauss was playing like it was a limited overs match and only needed 33 balls to get to the 50 mark. Since getting the 50 the rate of his runs has slightly slowed down but is currently 68 not out while Vaughan sits on 42 without loss

straussblended.jpg

Scorecard

1st Innings

2nd Innings

England: 145/1

Strauss: 68*
Vaughan: 42*

Vaughan Follows In Strauss' Path
England captain and Yorkshire player Michael Vaughan has stamped his authority on the game roaring to his 50 and not stopping at that. Vaughan has just launched an assault knocking fours all around the field which Bangladesh couldn't cope with. Haque has just come in to the attack against England, it'll be interesting to see if he can break up this golden partnership

vaughanblended.jpg

Scorecard

1st Innings

England:289 + 157/1

Strauss: 70*
Vaughan: 53*

Users who are viewing this thread