ESPN360 telecasts ICC World Twenty20 2012 in North America?? WHY?

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Right now what I have done is, I have a friend who has access to ESPN3 for free (because he subscribes to an ISP that gives ESPN3 with just their internet). I went to my friend's place, created an ESPN3 account for myself, then activate remote access from my friend's ESPN3 account. So now, I can watch ESPN3 from my home with the remote access feature. This is perfectly legal and lets me get ESPN3 for free through my friend's ISP account.

Smart. :thumbs

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Dish Network is satellite television (like DirecTV, Tata Sky, etc). They have the satellite programming where they will install a satellite dish receiver at the top of your home (or outside your balcony, etc). They also have the option of providing access through internet, using International IPTV Channels from DISH | DishWorldIPTV where you buy a Roku box, sign up for their package and connect your Roku box to the Dish account.

Their international programming are expensive if you have been with Jadoo.tv. The Hindi mega pack is $55/month for channels like Sony, Set MAX, Star Plus and many other channels. But their video quality is excellent (if you subscribe to their satellite service). And they provide DVR service for $6/month, multiple room TV's, etc.

Thanks for providing all the information but is this available in Canada?

MLSfan22

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Had the most torturous experience today trying to subscribe to ESPN360 which is the only source for North American viewers to watch this T20 World Cup 2012 legally. Since I have Time Warner cable, I tried to watch on ESPN360 but it says I am subscribed to only high speed internet from them and so I can't watch. When I tried to chat with them, those reps were forwarding me from one analyst to the other and never gave me a solution

Then I called in, and the rep who spoke to me kept me waiting for a long long long long time and kept on telling me that she was checking on it (umpteen times!!) before she said that I have to subscribe to a digital cable package for $80 if I have to access ESPN3. How bloody awful is that? I am paying $80 for the Extreme high speed internet and now she asks me to pay $160 for the entire bill (this is the minimum) if I need to watch this tournament on ESPN3.

WHY THE BLOODY HELL DID ICC GIVE THIS TOURNAMENT TO ESPN? Last World Cup, Willow.tv covered it and it was just so brilliant and cheap at $15/month.

Holy crap .. you're paying $80 for internet only? Threaten them that you'll switch to a different provider like Verizon or Dish (threatening time to time is a good idea anyway to unlock the hidden discounts). I was under the impression that all you had to get was internet service to qualify for ESPN3. If they're making you get a $160 all-in-1 package that's borderline robbery. I'm paying $130 for high speed internet (35/15 mbps), 300+ mostly HD channels with 3 room set-top box, and home phone service with Verizon FIOS in New York. ESPN3 comes with the package of course. So you can see I have no problem with ESPN getting the rights to this event. ;-) I'm impressed with the stream quality so far; expected much worse.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Holy crap .. you're paying $80 for internet only? Threaten them that you'll switch to a different provider like Verizon or Dish (threatening time to time is a good idea anyway to unlock the hidden discounts). I was under the impression that all you had to get was internet service to qualify for ESPN3. If they're making you get a $160 all-in-1 package that's borderline robbery. I'm paying $130 for high speed internet (35/15 mbps), 300+ mostly HD channels with 3 room set-top box, and home phone service with Verizon FIOS in New York. ESPN3 comes with the package of course. So you can see I have no problem with ESPN getting the rights to this event. ;-) I'm impressed with the stream quality so far; expected much worse.

Our area is not serviced by Verizon. Its only Time Warner cable or Cincinnati Bell.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
No Verizon coverage here either, sad really, would love FIOS.

An update for those living in the US: According to the WatchESPN site, the World T20 final will be on both ESPN2 and ESPN3 live at 9 AM Eastern. It will be replayed on ESPN2 4 hours later.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
No Verizon coverage here either, sad really, would love FIOS.

Good for them that India is not playing. Or else, their servers would have taken a major spike in activity and they couldn't have telecast it on multiple channels like this.

Users who are viewing this thread