Story The Revival of English cricket

Guesty98

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Hello all, I'm only new and thought that with the gap of the patch of DBC14 and the first career story coming out I thought I try and get a little experience and hopefully start the activity of this section of the forum that can return in to it's former glory days. I am an Australian so my knowledge off all things England will not be that good nor am I the best DBC14 player going around, but I hope that with my playing skills (which are low), my storyline, and writing ability that I will be able to provide you all with a story that might last the next 2 or 3 weeks. I would appreciate any feedbacks and suggestions for improvements. Enjoy the read.

The Revival of English cricket

Chapter 1
Flying

"Qantas Flight 1 to Dubai is calling Mr Kevin Pitersen. Mr Pietersen would you please make your way to gate 5 immediately, your plane is ready for an immediate departure? Bloody hell these Australian?s, I thought, I bloody hate them. I dropped my half eaten chocolate chip cookie and quickly stashed my Piers Morgan book in my bag, before I sprinted the 18 ? metres I needed to sprint in order to get to gate 5. As I approached the gate, I scrounged around my left pocket for my ticket, before I handed it to a waiting air hostess, who?s smile was worse than Jonny Bairstow?s keeping skills. She scanned my ticket, and said,
?Enjoy your flight Mr Pietersen.? And handed my scanned ticket back, I grimaced smile as I took the ticket and walked on down the aero gate onto the place and into my first class seat. As soon as I was buckled up the plane started moving,
?Please pay attention to the important safety video about to be played? I looked to my left and I could just see the flight attendant who?d said the following message put the phone down. I gazed towards my screen, a picture of Michael Clarke and 3 of his team mates came on screen and they started talking about plane safety. Gonna be a long flight I thought.

A whole day later my QANTAS plane touched down at Heathrow, I was home, at last, no more cricket, for a while at least. I hopped off the plane and grabbed my bags from the luggage carousel. Thankfully Matt Prior had told the media I would be coming in on an Emirates plane, so there was no waiting, idiotic journalists for me, though a few people recognised my face and asked for a quick photo, or autograph. It was quick and within ten minutes I was catching a cab home. The taxi driver was an Indian and was a keen cricket follower, but I had a beanie and shades on, and I tried my best to rediscover my old South African accent as we talked about India?s prospects at the upcoming ICC 20/20 World Cup. Eventually the conversation died down and my house wasn?t too far from the airport, and quicker then I hoped I?d found myself alone, at home, with not a single Australian in sight.

My wife, Jessica, had taken our son, Dylan down to Wales for a little holiday before seeing Dad again, Jess had realised that having a 4 year old around after a long, stressful tour mightn?t be the best thing, so she had taken herself and Dylan down, giving me some time and space, for which I was thankful. I?d dropped my bags off in the lounge room and checked the phone for messages. There were only 2, one from Jess? parents and one from Ashley Giles, wait, Ash, what?s he doing calling me? Doesn?t he have my mobile number? I hit play?

Guesty98

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Chapter 2
The Proposition

?Hello Kevin, I realise you?re probably not home right now, but when you get the chance do you think you could give me a call, I?ve got a proposition which you might like to hear. So just ring me when you can KP, that be great? *beep* I pondered hard for a moment, Why would Ash have a proposition for me, is he the king of some new country now? He?s just a bloody assistant coach, I decided I would ring him straight back, it was only 9 o?clock, Ash would have to be awake. I moved into the lounge room, grabbed my little bag that had my phone in it, switched it on and called Ash, as I presumed he was still awake, ?Hello Ash. ? I started, ?Hey there KP? He sounded stressed, ?Is it a bad time Ash?? I asked, ?Nah mate, just bloody kids won?t got to sleep, they?ve got school tomorrow to. Anyway, I presume you got my message and wonder what I have in store?? he didn?t beat around the bush this bloke, ?Yeah mate, hit me.? I was not sure what he had in the works, what he did have surprised me. ?Well Kevin, and you mustn?t tell anyone this, the ECB are going to appoint me as the full time head coach, and I was interested to know whether you would like to come on board as special consultant?? I paused, had I heard that right, a special consultant, ?What? Like what Warnie?s doing?? I queried, ?Pretty much, except from a batting point of view of course? He held a laugh back as he answered my question, ?Anyway? he continued, ?Is it alright if we meet up in the next month, I?m going to the world cup at the end of March, but I would rather hold you off joining until the test series in May.? I calculated how?d long I?d have off if I accepted the job, 2 and a half months, that sounded good to me, wait ?Test series in May? What? Are we playing the Chinese all of a sudden?? This didn?t sound right, most test series were held in the later part of the summer, though with the unpredictable English weather who knew what you would get, ?Well, and you mustn?t tell anyone this either, we?re playing Russia in a 2 test series, to get English people loving cricket again, and get those bloody Irish off our backs about that 11th test spot. Anyway, I?ve got run, the missus needs a hand, we?ll catch up for coffee in the next fortnight, have a better chat then, catch you KP? He hung up, he hadn?t even heard if I wanted to do it, hell, of course I wanted to it, anything Warnie did, I wanted to do, though I had to do it better. I wonder how many Monty would make against the Russians?

Tarzan

Chairman of Selectors
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
Profile Flag
India
I was waiting the story based on DBC14 and this will be good to see how you make your story better...

Best of Luck, bro... :clap

Guesty98

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I know I haven't been posting here, I'm sorry about all of that. I got whisked away on a holiday straight after I started the story and I didn't realise how quickly my homework pile would grow. Also with the ammount of sheer time needed to play to get a decent test match and with sporting commitments all of a sudden things become quite hard

I've thought a bit about how to make the story fit in with my normal day to day life and I've decided that I'm going to write up the whole story and then release it bit by bit, so that I don't have to rush myself in the story and playing. I've also decided to (at some point in time) release a player based autobiography, using the DBC 14 career mode.

I know this story currently hasn't had a big impact on the board neither is it that good in the fact hat it has very little cricket (At the moment) but given a couple of months I am certain that I will have a decent story for the whole of the forum to enjoy.

Guesty

Users who are viewing this thread