ethernet question...

aryan_6668

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i have this cable around my house.. each power outlet has one of this ethernet cable... this means i can leave my modem in the basement and have high speed connection without any wiring since i already got the wires but the problem is the person who lived in this house before we bought has cut off the head of the ethernet cable.. i can find a head for the cable i seem not too sure i mean i dunno how to connect the ethernet back to its head..
the image below shows the current ethernet cable with no head and i am intended to put the head but dunno how to..
any help would be appreciated..
thanks

the blue one is the ethernet cable..

Attachments

• ethernet.jpg
    ethernet.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
Online Cricket Games Owned
i have this cable around my house.. each power outlet has one of this ethernet cable... this means i can leave my modem in the basement and have high speed connection without any wiring since i already got the wires but the problem is the person who lived in this house before we bought has cut off the head of the ethernet cable.. i can find a head for the cable i seem not too sure i mean i dunno how to connect the ethernet back to its head..
the image below shows the current ethernet cable with no head and i am intended to put the head but dunno how to..
any help would be appreciated..
thanks

the blue one is the ethernet cable..

You need the RJ-45 connector which you have already I believe and a tool called wire crimper. But its not usually the "do yourself at home" thing. You will also need to get the color codings right. If you decide to do it yourself than check the images below.

Attachments

• ethcable568a.gif
    ethcable568a.gif
    12.2 KB · Views: 9
  • ethcable568b.gif
    ethcable568b.gif
    12.1 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread