wireless network help

crazyeight

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hey guys maybe someone here can help me. i have a wireless router which i use to connect my laptop too. the router runs off my main pc connected via ethernet cable. my younger brother has just bought himself a pc and got a netgear wg111 usb network adaptor to connect to the network for internet. i set it up and used the netgear wizard to connect. it finds the connection at a signal strength of about 60-70% but the wizard wont connect. when i try and use the windows wireless connection program it starts connecting then just re boots the pc....

i then installed the wirless usb adaptor onto my pc and unplugged the ethernet cable and installed it on my pc. and boom. it connected staright away... anyone know what is causing it to not work on my brothers pc. would it be a windows conflict? if it helps he is using xp sp2. has a amd 4000 processor with 1 gig of ram.

any help would be great

Abhas

Retired Administrator
you could try uninstalling the driver, then do a fresh install, and see if it works..
it worked for me the 1st time in 3 computers...

have you done a virus scan on the new PC?

crazyeight

School Cricketer
yeah no viruses....... there is nothing on there apart from drivers for everything. ive un installed and re installed it like 5 times. keeps doing the same thing... could it be the windows install? would a re install of windows fix it?

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
Quite possibly the USB adapter is not liking the PC hardware, most probably the motherboard. Try and get a replacement if you could.

crazyeight

School Cricketer
fixed it the easy way and just got a network cable. going to run it through the roof. thanks anyway guys

Users who are viewing this thread