Networking

aryan_6668

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Networking!!

hi guys
i have three computers at home and one computer, other two computers users can go online through a wireless network but they have to use my pc to print stuff.
i am wondering if any of you could help me do this:
other 2 computers connect through my computer and printer is attached to my computer i know there is a way we all can print stuff from our own computer without logging into my computer. i had done a google search but i lost the page.
and we r on wireless connection except me. i am the server and client can't print through the printer i have installed to my pc.
thnx

Brett_Lee

International Coach
Ok there ar e a few ways

1) U use a print server but we have a wireless network here without using the printserver

2) You connect through your network. We set it up a couple of weeks ago
Go Start Control panel then to Printers and faxes. Right click on teh computer you want to share. Then go share this printer. Go to the other computer and what you do is go add a printer in the control panel under printers and faxes now then select a network printer in the next menu after hitting next. You will need the rest of the information yourself

This article might help
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/learnmore/printershare.mspx

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
aryan_6668 said:
hi guys
i have three computers at home and one computer, other two computers users can go online through a wireless network but they have to use my pc to print stuff.
i am wondering if any of you could help me do this:
other 2 computers connect through my computer and printer is attached to my computer i know there is a way we all can print stuff from our own computer without logging into my computer. i had done a google search but i lost the page.
and we r on wireless connection except me. i am the server and client can't print through the printer i have installed to my pc.
thnx
Simply turn on file and print sharing in your other two computers and you will see the printer in your Network Places. Simplly send your print jobs to it and you are set.

Let me know if that doesn't help. I'll prepare a tutorial.

Brett_Lee

International Coach
siddharth2002 said:
Simply turn on file and print sharing in your other two Printers abd you will see the printer in your Network Places. Simplly send your print jobs to it and you are set.

Let me know if that doesn't help. I'll prepare a tutorial.
Thats wat i was saying :p

aryan_6668

Club Cricketer
dude i have sharing enabled on server but when i log on to other computer i go to add a printer since there is no printer installed.
i go to add a printer 'browse network for printer" and it finds something called microsoft my HP laser printer doesn't appear on the list in my client computers.

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
aryan_6668 said:
dude i have sharing enabled on server but when i log on to other computer i go to add a printer since there is no printer installed.
i go to add a printer 'browse network for printer" and it finds something called microsoft my HP laser printer doesn't appear on the list in my client computers.
U need to go into the Microsoft Windows Network\Mshome or Workgroup and u will find ur printer listed there.

Users who are viewing this thread