Sharing the cable internet via wireless to my phone

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yudi I am pretty sure Wave has a mail application. All you need to do is configure it with your mail settings. Configuring Gmail is piece of cake and incase you have any other email service, look at settings online to know how to use it in mail apps on mobile.

If you edit the mail app in your phone, you can turn off the polling option to manual. This means every time you will refresh the mail app or use retrieve new message option, it will download mails for you. And Vodafone will not charge you for POP3 or IMAP. They will only charge you for data download.

Just activate GPRS on your phone.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Configuring Gmail is piece of cake and incase you have any other email service, look at settings online to know how to use it in mail apps on mobile.
Cool.

So can you tell what are the settings for Gmail and Hotmail? I made three email accounts on the mail application, with the third one being Yahoo!.

I am able to receive emails on all the three accounts but I can send mails only through Yahoo!. The settings I am using are the default ones which the application gives. :)

Any suggestions?

I don't get what you mean by charging for pop3 or Imap. These are mail delivery protocols, and vodafone doesn't need to care about either. It is simply providing you GPRS.
GPRS is too expensive, so I use WAP. WAP does not give the IMAP and POP3 services.
I have taken up another sim and have activated GPRS on it. I just need the correct settings now. :)

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I do not have Wave so cannot say but I think Yahoo is your default account for sending emails. You can check this forum:

How to setup e-mail on Samsung Wave
The default is hotmail. And I separately try to send out mails from each account, but only Yahoo! is successful.

Thanks for the link, but that is too basic. I created my three accounts by the same process. And as I said earlier, I am receving mails on all three, but can send only through Yahoo!.

Googled the problem and looks like the settings for GMAIL and Hotmail are not the same as the default ones in the phone. Can you just give me the general settings for them? I will do the rest. :)

Thanks

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I have N86 and X10. Downloaded Gmail app in N86 and it automatically configures itself.

X10 is android phone (Google OS) so its built for Gmail. Did nothing here as well for setting up. Just entered username and password.

If you are having issue sending mails then it means your SMTP settings are wrong. For Gmail use m.google.com as POP and SMTP server. That should solve it. Also login to your Gmail account online and check its setting.

Users who are viewing this thread