would my internet speed be slower upon..

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ronan_UK said:
What Mb Broadband are you on? I'm on 2.2 MB but I only ever get up to about 65kb a second stable, when I download from Firefox it starts at about 200 and then just goes down in a matter of half seconds to 60kbs... My phone line can't handle it?
its not your phone line, its the server that is more likely to be slowing your connection down

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
I am on 2Mbps/128Kbps.
First of all wireless or wired, doesn't make any difference for sharing the connection as speeds up to 30Mbps+ are practically achievable on wireless networks and we don't have applications at home to make use of such speed on LAN itself.
@Iaryan_6668- If you want to share your connection go for it. If I understand your question properly, sharing won't have any effect on your connection's speed etc. Only if when few computers are doing Internet at the same time will slow it down on your PC. And if someone is uploading something or using Webcam than forget about Online Gaming, won't work properly!! Even your voice-chat etc. will suffer because of that. But depends on your Upload speed. Usually its 512Kbps on Cable connections. So you should be sweet!!

kevmead said:
its not your phone line, its the server that is more likely to be slowing your connection down
Also depends if he is using Cable or DSL. Cable's speed will decrease during busy hours.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Ronan_UK said:
What Mb Broadband are you on? I'm on 2.2 MB but I only ever get up to about 65kb a second stable, when I download from Firefox it starts at about 200 and then just goes down in a matter of half seconds to 60kbs... My phone line can't handle it?

Same 2MB. It depends what site you are downloading from. Like Microsoft you should get 200kb whereas some other site you may only get 65kb.

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
aryan_6668 said:
i am on 2.4MBPS 500kbps
that's alright then, go for it. Play some LAN games. Serious fun promised. I often play CS and UT on LAN.

Users who are viewing this thread