Euro 2012 Thread

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
So now you know.

Because they're the team that's winning everything in sight - I should've guessed. :p

Italy have got nothing to be ashamed of - Spain would've destroyed any team playing like that tonight.

England next for Italy, in a friendly. Should be fun...

----------

Spain the grat team has broken the record of Geremany.

----------

Spain won on penalty with Portugal and defeted Italy and Italy defeted Geremany this means that 1= Spain 2 = Portugal 3=Italy and 4=Geremany.

You do realise that Germany (why can't you spell that?) have won the World Cup more times than Spain - three times if memory serves, to Spain's one? Until Spain equal or top that, you can't put them ahead of Germany - and I'm an England fan, so I'm not given to defending the German football team. ;)

Not to mention Italy, who have won it four times and Brazil who have won it five times.

----------

And I suppose Germany=2 because Germany 1-0 Portugal?

Your logic (or lack of) is hilarious.

I'm very confused. :yes

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Because they're the team that's winning everything in sight - I should've guessed. :p

Italy have got nothing to be ashamed of - Spain would've destroyed any team playing like that tonight.

England next for Italy, in a friendly. Should be fun...

----------

You do realise that Germany (why can't you spell that?) have won the World Cup more times than Spain - three times if memory serves, to Spain's one? Until Spain equal or top that, you can't put them ahead of Germany - and I'm an England fan, so I'm not given to defending the German football team. ;)

Not to mention Italy, who have won it four times and Brazil who have won it five times.

----------

I'm very confused. :yes

No , this is not correct , you know actually everyone knows that Portugal is not a strong a team like Italy but you saw how Spain struggled with Portugal and even I think that if Cristiano Ronaldo have hit in the penalty shoot out they might have won . This means that Italy luckly won the semi final .

Sorry I wrote Geremany by mistake and thank you for my correction I really appreciate that but look a team like Portugal lose on penalties with a team like Spain and a team like Italy lose 4-0 from a team like Spain that hardly,strugling to score from a team like Portugal so this simply tells us that Portugal are much much more better team from Italy.

----------

And I suppose Germany=2 because Germany 1-0 Portugal?

Your logic (or lack of) is hilarious.

^ my answer to you .

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Italy were lucky in the semi final? What are you on about - did you even watch it, mate? They were by far the better team - anyone can see that!

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Wrexham are still the best team in the world. They once beat Arsenal, who beat Man U, who once won the Champions League, who gave a reach around to a hippo who was riding a strawberry flavoured motorbike over a bright purple sea of clouds...

Yeah, makes about as much sense :rolleyes

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Phenomenal performance from the best International side of all time.

Iniesta the player of the tournament for me, closely followed by Pirlo.

Team of the tournament:

Casillas
Arbeloa -- Ramos -- Pepe -- Alba
Khedira -- Pirlo
Ronaldo -- Ozil -- Iniesta
Balotelli​

honourable mentions: Agger, Hummels, Modric, Dzagoev.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Surely the team of the tournament shouldn't have a striker :lol

So now Spain have taken the piss and won an entire tournament without a starting striker, do you think they'll turn up for the next World Cup without defenders?

Maybe some kind of 1-8-1 formation. Maybe Pique playing as a sweeper and Cesc as the false 9. Maybe even drop the keeper and play 11 midfielders. Barely need one anyway.

War

Chairman of Selectors
That win ought shut up all the people around the world that have been regurgitating the illogical rhetoric that Spain have been boring during this tournament.

Sad for Italy, but Spain really brought their "A" game tonight. They should wrap Pirlo in cotton wool over the next 2 years, since they will need him in the next world cup. If he pick and choose the games he wants to play - so be it.

Italy performance is a good sign for Serie A IMO.Hopefully Juventus can sign a world class striker so that they can be a major force in the Champions League again.

Not sure yet if i'd call Spain the best team ever yet though. Its still very hard to look past that 1970 Brazil team.

Australia won three cricket world cups in a row - but yet many still rate the Windies teams of the 1970s & 1980s over them. But if Spain win the 2014 World Cup, i might have a rethink.

Talk of the 2014 world cup might be slightly premature, but as things stand i don't see a team in the world who can stop them. All the best European teams have been conquered.

South American giants Brazil aren't that strong ATM. Argentina have the best strikers in the world (Messi, Aguero, Higuain, Tevez, Lavezzi) - but they are a bit like Holland in that their top heavy with no great defense.

Uruguay are probably the team in the world who are playing quality football that Spain have yet to play in competitive game. So i guess that potential match-up in the Conferations Cup next year will be

My team of the tournament:

--------------------------Buffon--------------------------------

Lahm--------------Ramos----------Pique---------------------Alba

---------------Alonso-------Pirlo----------Fabregas--------------

-----Balotelli----------------Ibrahimovic-------------Ronaldo-------

Unlucky to miss out: Casillas, Gerrard, Pepe, Terry, Perriera, De Rossi, Moutinho, Torres, Iniesta, Khedira

Last edited:

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Campeones!! Campeones!!

What a time to find your form. Italy had no chance against Spain at their very best.

Heartbreak and bad luck of 1996, 2000, 2002 and 2006 now forgotten. Chokers to triple European champions and current world champions! Story of La Roja!

Lucky for you that you don't have to change your avatar either:D!

Btw, pallu is a legend. Made my day several times:cheers.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
There's no doubt the current Spain team are the best international side to play football. The level of football and lack of any easy games makes their achievements far more remarkable.

The people who say they are boring are just retarded and should go watch a different sport.

----------

It's pretty tough to turn up and play expansive open football when every opponent turns up with the aim of trying to survive for 90 minutes. Yet they still control the ball and create chances against everyone.

Today their opponents had to open up a bit, and they promptly scored 4 (albeit against 10 men eventually).

Sahil 7

Panel of Selectors
well done spain again winning the tournament. Really sad to see balotelli and pirlo crying in the end. They should not be crying there they should be very proud that they reached to the final at least
:clap

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Well done to the Spaniards on here.

The best national team I've had the pleasure of watching, maybe the best national side of all time.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Gk : Casillas
Defender : Ramos, Pique, Arbeloa , Alba
Midfielders:Pirlo , Xavi , Ronaldo,De Rossi
Attackers: Iniesta , Cesc Fabregas.

Last edited:

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Devastated to shreds. Taking Montolivo (who I thought was brilliant again) off for Motta was suicidal and there was simply no way back once Motta was stretchered off. Proud of the Azzurri either way, silenced many critics by making it this far.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Gk : Casillas
Defender : Ramos, Pique, Arbeloa , Alba
Midfielders:Pirlo , Xavi , Ronaldo,De Rossi
Attackers: Iniesta , Cesc Fabregas.

Spain, Ronaldo and De Rossi Fabregas:rolleyes.

Ronaldo is an attacker btw.

Didn't watch enough games to give my own opinion though, only six or seven.

Auwais

International Coach
Casillas
Debuchy Hummels Bonucci Coentr?o
Pirlo
De Rossi Khedira
Dzagoev-------------------Iniesta
Cassano​

Subs: Buffon, Lahm, Alba, Busquets, Schweinsteiger, Moutinho, Gerrard, Mand?ukic, Gomez

Coach: Slaven Bilic

Users who are viewing this thread