Your Cricket Exclusive 2011 Bat pictures(Mapperly Sports)

Knightrider786

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Took these pictures recently of my local shop Mapperly sports Nottingham UK. Cricket Bats and Equipment :: Cricket Bats and Equipment :: Cricket Sales at Mapperley Sports at Mapperley Sports

----------

mapperlysports1.jpg

mapperlysports2.jpg

mapperlysports3.jpg

mapperlysports4.jpg

mapperlysports5.jpg

mapperlysports6.jpg

mapperlysports7.jpg

Took a lot of pictures of these bcoz cheaper/lower grade Puma's had awesome quality willow and narrow grains.

----------

mapperlysports13.jpg

mapperlysports14.jpg

mapperlysports15.jpg

mapperlysports16.jpg

mapperlysports21.jpg

Gray Nicolls 2011 bats are amazing quality. GN Evo in pictures above weighed 2.8, super light pick up & amazing feel.

----------

mapperlysports8.jpg

mapperlysports9.jpg

mapperlysports17.jpg

mapperlysports19.jpg

GM BATS eXCEllent as usual and newbery not so, infact newbery looked pretty average compared to GN, GM, kook & PUma.

----------

Look at this beast GN Oblivion Limited Edition bat, weighs 2.9.5lb, edges around 37mm, huge spine and immaculate feel and pick up. GN Legend in the backround is a kiddy size bat. Mapperly sports had 6 Gray Nicolls legend bats but they were all sold within a week, these bats are very popular.
mapsports1.jpg

mapsports3.jpg

mapsports7.jpg

mapsports8.jpg

mapsports4.jpg

mapsports5.jpg

mapsports9.jpg

----------

mapsports12.jpg

mapsports10.jpg

mapsports11.jpg

GM bats again looking very impressive and newbery bit shabby. My local shop(mapperly sports) has the best selection of Gunn & Moore bats in the world. Also took a picture of lower end Kook Rogue bats.

Last edited:

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
God I hate the new GM range, with a passion. It just looks bad, I don't know, but its a step down IMO.

LOL at the blue/orange Puma bat. Bit too Nike-ish.

But I do like the new Kookaburra Rogue set. Only noticed it when Hussey started using it. Sure the flame looks a bit cheesy but the fluro orange just works; same as the Blade sporting the fluro yellow. Getcharaveon'.

darthlewis1

Club Captain
Yeah I agree that Newbury bats aren't that good, I have a Newbury Mjolner and the ball just doesn't seem to ping off the bat though it has a decent pick up. I've also tried a few of my freinds Newbury bats and they don't seem to good either.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Took a lot of pictures of these bcoz cheaper/lower grade Puma's had awesome quality willow and narrow grains.
It looks like Puma are making some good quality bats for once. I can't believe you work in/own a cricket shop, that would be awesome.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
The Puma Iridium is a very good bat though I still very much prefer my old Ballistic 5000. But yea, working in a cricket shop would be quite neat indeed.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Really? I hate the ballistics. I have a 6000 that cost me $500+ and it's one of the worst bats I've picked up. The middle's brilliant but the rest is awful, it's like the toe starts 3 quarters down the blade. I can't comment on the Iridium, though the Vendetta was pretty good so it's probably the same. Gray Nicolls is above anything else anyway IMO.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Really? I hate the ballistics. I have a 6000 that cost me $500+ and it's one of the worst bats I've picked up. The middle's brilliant but the rest is awful, it's like the toe starts 3 quarters down the blade. I can't comment on the Iridium, though the Vendetta was pretty good so it's probably the same. Gray Nicolls is above anything else anyway IMO.

Ballistic is the best bat I've ever had. Good weight, a nice middle. It's been brilliant. And the best thing is that my Ballistic 5000 only cost be $150 brand new from TradeMe :p. And it's still going.

I used my friends Grey Nicolls Fusion in one game and it was sublime. It was so perfectly balanced. It's actually feels quite light despite the chunky middle it has. Scored my second highest score (91*) with that bat. But still I find myself going back to my Ballistic. Each to his own I suppose.

Knightrider786

Club Cricketer
It looks like Puma are making some good quality bats for once. I can't believe you work in/own a cricket shop, that would be awesome.
I'm just a regular customer at this shop(mapperly sports) and I sometimes take pictures to shows my frnds on pak passion forum and here.

----------

Gunn & Moore and Gray Nicolls bats looked miles better quality then other brands at this shop. Puma were also good, infact I was about to buy one of the Puma's pictured above but didnt becuase they only had light weight bats yet and I would have preferred a bat to be atleast 2.10.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread