Exclusive Interview with MindStorm Studios - Your Questions Answered

yes this game uses ai. so the computer has a virtual brain and will try not to let mistakes happen again and or will try to play different shots and or bowl differently etc.

that seems to be a good cricket game. let me see how it comes accross for me as a gr8 fan of cricket games accross the decade.

Sounds like a very good game! I am a bit uncertain as to when in 2008 it will be coming out? i can't find an estimated month or release...anyone know?

that said that it will first come out on PC..
that means that will release it on PS3 and Xbox 360?

The problem with this game is its borrowed Brian lara's engine ... by the time they release we already be playing game on 360 and PS3 ...

Downloadable is a good sign, games are usually cheaper that way and if it is going to push the online angle, especially if there is a online match-making system like Battle.net, then there's a lot more incentive to actually buy it than previous games.

Many hugely popular games these days are designed exclusively for online play; World of Warcraft or Everquest in the RPG area, but also shooters like Team Fortress, Counterstrike, Quake Wars or the Battlefield series. Many more games have been made on their online play quality, such as Starcraft, the Command and Conquer series or Diablo II. AI has been without doubt the failing point for cricket games and to negate that by simply making it irrelevant is an efficient step.

Not every game can pull all the licensing to sucker people in, so for this game, maybe the "purists" (I tend to imagine a purist is a white haired chap) really have already made their decision. All the more reason to do something different and try to attract gamers rather than cricketers.

Sounds brilliant! shame it's only being released on PC though, it would be great online on PS3 and XBOX

When is the game getting released?

Users who are viewing this thread