Explain how to bowl!?

Solehria

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
plz can someone give me a complete guide on how to bowl, how to change line and length etc
plz
thanks! :)

There's one included with the game. Go to the 'Match practice' option in the Practice menu.

i tried that but just cant get it
a written guide would be great
thanks!!

Read the manual - it's the best written guide there is.

thanks didnt think about it :facepalm

----------

btw just one thing can u tell while fast bowling how to control line and length.. plz just in simple words thanks

Hahaha i did get a manual but still cant really understand it... I thought someone could explain in simpler language

These are the main controls for Pace Bowling.

Pre-Bowl
LB/RB button - change between over and around the wicket
X ? Rub/Shine Ball

Pressing Y/B/A will determine a length of the Pitch,
Y being Full,
B being Short and
A being Good ?
this is the range of length you are aiming for. Pressing this will start the bowling run up.

Bowling Phase
Right Analogue Stick DOWN (hold down) - this will make the bowler jump - - you will need to time this well, as it will affect where your bowler plants his front foot.
Too early and that bouncer you wanted to deliver with your 2m tall bowler isn't going to be as effective, too late and you've got yourself a no ball.
Also, the speed you do this will add extra effort to the delivery (albeit at the expense of some stamina)

RAS UP ? This will deliver the ball, when you release it and what position you push to, will determine the ultimate line and length of the delivery inside your original Length Range.

Example:-
if you pressed B for short delivery and then you wait late before pressing RAS UP this will give you the shortest possible delivery with your bowler.

If you push directly up on the RAS your line will be just outside off stump, pushing up to the left or right of that position will affect the line accordingly.

Left Analogue Stick ? Determines how you hold the ball and will affect how the ball moves in the air of off the deck. Depending on the condition of the ball will dictate what you might need to the both LAS and RAS to compensate for movement.

I realise that?s a bit to take in, but we are going to be layering these controls through the difficulties ? so to start with you will be able to deliver fairly good deliveries with just the following.

Press A button to start run up. Pull back on RAS, Push Forward on RAS ? that?s it. Get the timing right and you will deliver a ball at a Good length just outside off stump.

The easier levels will have more basic players, they'll have slower bowl speeds, less swing making them easier to control. But as the levels progress the batsman are better, and as your bowlers get better you need to have better control of swing and also your line and length.
This is from July so I'm not 100% sure if everything here is in the game but, if it's all correct, it's a pretty good written guide to bowling. Surely with the combination of your "manual" and this you will be able to understand.

Can we bowl reverse swing ball?

After only 2 hours i think i have managed the pace bowling ok... spinners however... woah! Need practise.

Can we bowl reverse swing ball?

I guess not in the T10 and F5 matches that everybody seems to be only interested in playing so far. Common play a full test match guys :p

I guess not in the T10 and F5 matches that everybody seems to be only interested in playing so far. Common play a full test match guys :p

Hoping my game arrives tomorrow. First game I intend to play after doing match practice/tutorial is a 4 day first class game my Barbarians team against Arosa Sri Lanka!

After only 2 hours i think i have managed the pace bowling ok... spinners however... woah! Need practise.

Been playing for 2 days now so combine around 5 hours, and completely the other way. I can ball very fine with spin but pacers are getting smashed day in and out.

Explained:
Have a look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping my game arrives tomorrow. First game I intend to play after doing match practice/tutorial is a 4 day first class game my Barbarians team against Arosa Sri Lanka!

Wow mate if you get the game tomorrow. I would officially be the last person to play the game on this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread